Grade 'Misconceptions'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 26, 2012.

?

How would you grade Misconceptions?

1. A+

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. A

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. A-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. B+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  13. F

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Something else I just thought of with the dog.

Did the guy tie up the dog's leash then somehow escapes. I would have thought maybe the dog could have gone back home and maybe lead police where the boy was.

2. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

Since Flack mentioned "cleaning out the house" and since Grandma has Dad's ashes, I'm betting Mom's dead. Did anyone else think Grandma looked too young to be Grandma?

I think they did spread the ashes, probably on the infield, maybe near home plate. Was the ballpark supposed to be Citi Field, home of the NY Mets?

I loved him cooking for his dog, and the way the dog waited until Flack said "Grace" to eat. Although I kind of winced at the idea of the dog at the table.

On a side note: they covered up Eddie's tattoo again.

3. stormymac

stormymac Hit and Run

After the last episode, you think this die hard Yankees fan would spread his fathers ashes at Citi Field? No, I don't think so! ;)

Also, five episodes in, I think Eddie has been the MVP so far this season. No matter the scene, from the hockey game to dealing with the death of an innocent little girl without saying a word to making a fancy breakfast for his dog, every one has been spot on. I just hope the writers keep giving him these great moments. I was always irritated how, in previous seasons, he would be in the first half of an episode and then disappear or we would be twenty minutes into an episode before he would make his first (and sometimes only) appearance. The more Eddie in an episode, the better that episode is. IMHO of course.

4. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I'm sorry, but yes, it is grossly hypocritical, and yes, he would have reamed a subordinate out for doing what he's doing. He's done it over and over and over again, and the entire business with Danny's badge was more lazy, slipshod, Mac-has-to-be-okay-with-this-for-our-shoddy-plot-to-work than any watershed shift in his characterization.

I hope Christine calls Mac on the carpet for his rude, posturing bitchfit. I don't want her to yell or issue ultimatums, but I do want her to let him know that his attitude and treatment of her was unacceptable. She's his partner, not a subordinate for him to bluff and intimidate into submission, and I hope she doesn't just meekly accept his unwarranted pissiness as part of being a supportive partner.

5. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I think that maybe Mac just wants to be okay. He is in denial. Badly. He is afraid to show any sort of weakness. I don't think it is anything more than that.

I woul love to see everyone do an intervention.

6. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah, I do hope so too. It's just the writers that worry me.

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Mac is scared and worried and all of the normal things people would be in his position. If he hadn't been a complete, unempathetic ass to his co-workers and others in the past he'd garner more sympathy for being one now.

He DOES have a history of reaming people and being more worried about the integrity of the lab than what is going on in the lives of people around him. He even reamed Adam once for doing his job the correct way because it made him look bad to the commissioner or whoever it was. The only time that ever changed was with Lindsay when he said he was more worried about her than the lab, and that was just bad writing as opposed to anything. Danny's badge incident was just a big clusterf*ck because it made many of the characters look stupid.

I can understand having sympathy for someone because of what they're going through, but this acting like this is not out of character for Mac. Not in the least.

8. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I don't think Mac & Christine are going to work out if he can't be honest with her and gets upset when she gets in his business. If he's unable to confide in her or talk to her about things like his aphasia it's going to be a big problem. I can maybe understand why he doesn't consider it to be Jo's business, I know she was trying to help and Mac feels like she over-stepped by going to Christine. If he doesn't want to talk to his co-workers about it, it sucks but it's a bit more understandable. He should be able to talk about it with his girlfriend though.

I did enjoy the Flack side-story line but I really miss the two-case episodes. It feels like we haven't had one in forever.

The flashbacks to another case that never aired on the show made me think of SVU, since they did it two days earlier.

9. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

You're right. I forgot about that. I was thinking Queens. The thing is, both Shea Stadium and the original Yankee Stadium were demolished a few years ago. Whichever ballpark they went to as kids, it's no longer there.

10. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Right on the money with everything you said. I feel for Mac but in the same breath,his past actions with others make it hard for me to feel as much sympathy as I would if it were Danny or Flack.
    And as others have pointed out,Mac and Christine won't last if he tries to hide things like this from her and treats her like an employee.
    Scared or not,in a relationship,you don't hide things and you treat your partner as an equal.