Grade 'Reignited'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 27, 2012.

?

How would you grade Regnited?

1. A+

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. A

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. A-

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. B+

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

I try not to be offensive about other ships, because I believe that everybody is entitled to their own preferences. Personally, I don't really like Christine. I find her to be rather dull and boring. I also don't think Mac and Christine share a lot of chemistry. I just, don't. I can't really help it… In my opinion there's a lot of mushiness, but no real chemistry. I guess I could elaborate on the reasons why I don’t like Christine or Mac’s relationship with her, but this isn’t exactly the right topic for that. Just know I have my reasons, as all the other people not liking her probably do.

But sticking to the topic, it bugged me that Christine- a secondary love interest- got double the screen time than most of the other characters, and in particularly Jo- the other main character of the show. I realize this season the writers are going to focus more on the personal lives of the characters, but Jo and Mac didn’t even share a conversation in the season premiere. That just didn’t sit right with me.

I just sincerely hope the writers aren't going to mess up the chemistry between Mac and Jo, now that they have decided to focus more on Mac's love life. In the season's premiere, they already kind of did.

Oh, and I used to ship JAC, but I'm not deluded, so I don't anymore- except for their bad ass friendship, off course! Besides, I'm equally excited to see Jo's love interest enter the show. I hope the writers can work something out for Jo too. But that doesn't change the fact that I don't like Christine.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  2. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

Thank you for sharing your opinion on the subject

3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I know one person who doesn't like Christine because Christine stole her name.

Yes, I am serious.

4. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

:lol: :lol: :lol: OMFG seriously? Does this mean i should of hated Jessica Angell because my name is Jessica too?

5. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

This was a really good episode. I'm expecting this to be the last season, so I'm really liking all the scenes away from the lab and crime scenes.

6. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah. And this person does come here too as well as fan fiction.net so...

7. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

Is the guy at the hockey game who talked smack about Flack's mother and sister the same guy whom Flack punched out at the second fire scene? They look a lot alike.

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I think so. But I didn't think that was a good joke that his sister was dead. My friend who watched the episode last night actually thought they killed off Flack's sister.

9. Mr Jo Danville

Mr Jo Danville Witness

I just love Jo Danville:adore: why a amazing lady never seems to get any cleverage shots lol.

10. pdegan2814

pdegan2814 Dead on Arrival

I think the reason why Christine got so much screen time is a very simple one, and not a cause for alarm. We saw so much of Christine because there was emphasis on Mac's recovery from the shooting in last season's finale. And I for one am glad they devoted some time to it. Unlike the beginning of Season 3 when they barely mentioned the fact that Flack had gotten pretty much blown up the previous Spring.

The producers have said we'll be spending some time with each of the characters in their personal life. Obviously not all in the same episode(though a "Day Off" episode featuring everyone might be kinda fun as an experiment). This time it was Mac's turn. That necessitates reducing the screen time for some of the other characters. Do I wish we'd seen more of Jo? Absolutely. Do I wish we'd gotten a good scene with Mac & Jo together? ABSOLUTELY. But those scenes will come, I have no doubt. I would much rather they spend the premiere following up on the storylines they set up in the last finale(Mac's romance and shooting), then we can get back to normal. :)

11. -tina-

-tina- Dead on Arrival

I agree with you :)

12. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

I agree with you too, but I'm just expressing the skepticism on my part. Maybe I have put it too strongly...

I'm sure those scenes will come, but I just have a feeling they will be in a slightly altered form. Altered can be good, altered can be bad. So let's just see how things develop, and then we'll reassess. In a recent interview Pam Veasy declared that Jo will have to step up her game in their friendship, but it is my opinion, that it is not really entirely Jo's task to do that- in some part, it's Mac's. But again, that's just an opinion I'm putting out here. You don't have to agree, at all. :')

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012