Hockey Fans #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Oct 6, 2010.

1. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

finally I wasn't able to logged in til now, I feel so stupid anyway. I recently went down to Pittsburgh about two weeks ago on Saturday to attend my first NHL game ever in my life with my family to watch Penguins against Sabres. That was memorable game I'll remember the day in my life as die-hard Pens fan. I want go back there again, its so much fun!

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Crazy end to the 2nd and start of the 3rd periods in the Wild vs. Blues game tonight. Six Blues players in the box and five Wild players in the box all at once.

3. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

Wow thats crazy to have almost everybody is filled up in penalty box. I can't image to see that. I watched Penguins vs Kings game which was finished late this morning around 130am, what a game! Pens and Kings went at each other to score the goals, it went into overtime, no goals yet, then I'm like here comes the shootout, yay for Chris Kunitz to scored the game winning shootout goal so Pens won :) I'm looking forward to watch next game against Stars this weekend on Friday. I just realized that Pens have almost a week to rest and have more practice time.

4. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

It just made my day that Penguins team announced that Crosby is cleared and back in line-ups against Islanders tomorrow!

5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

6. Ducky

Alrighty, NHL is near its conference finals. Kings vs. Coyotes (bit surprising, good that 'new' teams there) and Devis vs. either Rangers or Capitals. Devils doing comeback and.. I don't know, I almost don't care except.. no Devils for win. :p Damn that Martin Brodeur!

The last ones I paid attention better was Pens/Flyers and damn that was crazy one.. and lots of fights. Too bad Pens lost it..

World Championships are also going on. Now those are held in Finland and Sweden, finals being played in Helsinki. Next year the same thing but finals will be played in Stockholm.

Oh so much fun and fuss. First, they made tickets incredibly high. 150€ for FInland's game.. seriously, who wants to pay that much e.g for Finland vs. France? Srsly? For a family that makes 600€! You can buy a dishwasher with that! Or fridge!

So now they dropped the prices in few games and are giving away free tickets to games 'no one wants to see' :lol:

Then our lovely YLE (national broadcasting company) sold rights to MTV3 (commercial tv) and since law tells them to show Finland's game on free channel they did this: Two games in main channel, rest in their other channel AVA (that cannot still be seen everywhere in the country, unlike YLE's channels) and then created a new channel with Canal+ to show all the games in HD. And they even hired the commentator that has been for hockey since 1995.

They created a radiochannel for the games. But it's barely working outside cities :lol::lol: I think I have to take my laptop to work and connect to internet thru my phone so I can hear it while I am working :lol::lol:

Then they sell packages to watch the games online. Except it has had technical problems. Then companies/operators (we have local phone companies all over the country), before the games started, were selling access to these games for cable - until they were told that operator Elisa has those exclusively. And hundreds had already bought it. And finally, Elisa's services had huge problems (lag etc.) and their advice was "record it and watch it later" :lol::lol::lol: yes, that' s the perfect for live sport. to record and watch it later.

So then there was IIHF and free YouTube broadcasts. For some countries. Not for FInland. People being pissed off, they went around geoblocking. at least our broadcaster MTV3 went nuts and now IIHF decided to start to show the games 30mins later. MTV3 claimed it's "against the law and stealing". Ummmm.. no it's not.

Goddamn you MTV3 trying to make people pay shitload of money for the game they love. And you are going to ruin it. Just like F1.

And now you have to pay. Their CEO was laid off today and they are negociating with YLE about the next year :lol: Since originally YLE sold the rights to MTV3 until 2017.

Damn this rant is good.

7. Ducky

Ok. So Kings won. I really didn't see that coming :lol: And how "easily" they beat Devils in the finals :eek::eek:

And first team to win Stanley Cup after being the last one to get to playoffs.

Hopefully cup going to LA brings more American fans to this wonderful game.

8. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

Ducky, Yeah I agree with you, that Kings won the first cup in the history of NHL, by winning the cup from being went 8th seed to the champion. As for Devils, 1 or 2 players on that team did cost them the cup. At least they have 3 champs, so Kings got their first cup. I'm so very so damn proud of my ex-penguins Rob Scuderi aka "The Piece" to win his 2nd cup!

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Parise and Suter both signed with the Wild! It's a great day to be a Minnesota Wild fan! :beer:

10. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

second time in five years the NHL won't have a season. Are they trying to kill hockey in the U.S. for good?

11. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

I think its time for NHL to fire Gary Bettman he's the one who is responsible for causing 3 lockouts in history of NHL over the money and work stoppage. I want watch the Penguins kicking Flyers asses in the games. I'm bored already and there is no hockey, What we're the hockey fans gonna do? I keep up with the NHL news to see whats happening on CBA negotations, from what I know that they did make some small progression on such as free agency, drug testing. But nothing new on core economy to discuss between NHL idiots and NHLPA.

12. Ducky

So two of the Original 6 in the finals. I was bit upset Boston dropped my Pens, but Boston has Rask as goalie so... Another sad thing about Pens dropped, J. Jokinen missed again chance to win Stanley Cup.

13. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Being from Calgary, I was more upset that Iginla lost his chance with the Pens:(

Iggy aside, Boston is my favorite for the cup all the way, Tuukka Rask has been phenomenal all season