New CSI:Miami Fanfic - "Family Matters"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by miamirocks, Jul 6, 2012.

1. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Hey everyone. So sad to see my favorite show cancelled, so I decided to try to bring some closure to it through a fanfic entitled "Family Matters." It's on fanfiction.net - here's the link: Family Matters

The story is a work in progress and is about team spirit, but I admit it definitely deals w/ H and Cal's relationship, past, present and future. However, I AM staying w/the show's Canon, so it's not like I'm ignoring what happened between Eric and Cal ... I'm just filling in the blanks and looking to the past in an effort to see the future more clearly for our characters.

Basically, the story starts at the last scene and flashes back to try and get some clarity on how the team got to where they are now, and what will happen moving forward.

I was a fan of CSI:Miami since day one, and if anyone else was, you remember how different the show was "back in the day," and how dark and removed Horatio has become, especially from his team. That last scene made me so sad, b/c H really looked like he didn't belong and Calleigh wasn't even there. I really loved the rapport those two had from Seasons 1-5, and I still don't get where TPTB went wrong w/their friendship.

I also LOVE the team interaction and all the characters, so hopefully future chapters will focus on that as well. Anyway, this is just a heads up to anyone interested.

2. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I read this last Friday after miamirocks PM'd it to me. It is very well written. It's a short story--almost like a Vignette, so it won't take that long to read it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a sequel! :)

3. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Aw, thanks so much mulder42 - glad you liked it :) I just put up another chapter, and we'll see how/where it goes. Hopefully more people start reading/reviewing - that keeps me going and inspired :) Thanks again for the kind review :thumbsup: