CSINY Season 9

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by LME, Feb 1, 2012.

1. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I agree completey. There's one of the main reasons why I watch CSI:NY and not Miami. :bolian:

I really hope CSI:NY will continue *keeping fingers crossed* But of course we got to remember that eight seasons is really admirable already, but I personally would love to see more Mac! :D

2. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Iam, too!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::drool::drool::drool:
    :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

3. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

i've heard that cbs will give an announcement today , whether ny get another season or not.

4. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I think they'll announce it at the upfronts on May 16th.

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

TV Guide online has an article about bubble shows. Here's what they say about NY. Nothing we don't already know.

6. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I am praying CSINY can survive near death twice. I really think a ninth season could be a good one, but I am an addicted fanatic.

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

TVGuide.com has a list of 14 bubble shows they'd like to see saved. Surpisingly (to me anyway) NY made the list. Here's what they have to say and I have to say that I agree completely:

8. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Wow. I'm surprised as well! Very pleasantly surprised. I would have thought they'd dismiss NY against Miami like what seems to be the majority opinion elsewhere. I do have to say they have the difference between Sinise/Mac and Caruso/Horatio described pretty aptly :lol: Ultimately I'm still rather skeptical that NY will win out over Miami, but I do take great satisfaction in the bare fact that Miami fans now know what it's like to squirm over the fate of their show. I know, it's rather mean, but I can't help it....

9. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

i hope CBS think same things. Thanks PA

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  10. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

im not surprised that they're jumping on a new bandwagon, since the numbers show clearly that ny actually has more viewers than miami.

11. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I love that TV Guide accurately distinguished the two CSIs. Though Horatio is what makes Miami Miami(er), it's sad that they can only describe him as the man with sunglasses and hilarious one-liners. From what I see, I think Horatio cares about the victim's family more than anyone else does. And his gray area is more explored than Mac who's most of time the by-the-book.

About the crime scenes, well they forgot to include that Miami CSIs wear white expensive pants and suits. Not to mention Horatio wears all black suits on 100-degree heat Miami.

12. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Well, it's refreshing that all 3 CSIs are different--different styles, locations, personalities, etc. That's what makes them all unique. :)

13. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

source: http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/the...season/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

14. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I would have thought NY would be too expensive to produce.

That being said, how many episodes would NY have for next season? Fringe has 14 episodes next year as it would be its last.

15. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

The argument that Miami costs more, can work for or against NY imo. Speaking strictly on episode production costs alone, Miami is only expensive because it wants to be, not because it has to be. It could easily get rid of that "star trek" computer, the split screen stuff and all other things that cost Miami so much and is not really necessary.
    If Miami is making cbs more money, even by a fraction, then, it is easier to cut a budget than it is to make one.