Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

For me, it's because the idea of getting to meet them will never happen.

GS is going to be an hour and a half north of me and I can't go see him when he is with his band. :(

EDIT: You just hope the person you really like is happy and they make you happy to know that they enjoy acting and are happy.

I can't explain it but it's not silly.

2. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I have to take issue with the suggestion that stars are 'everyday people'. They simply are not. Otherwise everyone would be capable of being a leading man, of carrying a TV series or a movie. There is a level of charisma (for want of a better word) that is powerful and unusual. Believe me, you can feel it. That said, a fan should still be capable of a polite friendly greeting, even if she feels like falling on the floor, or worse. But 'everyday'? No way!

3. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Dasiymay,

You have a right to your opinion, but God made us all not perfect, we are human, and there is no actor, actress, nor is President Obama better than me or you. Everyone should be treated and judged equal.

Yes, to me it would be exciting to meet the man, Horatio Caine/David Caruso, because he stands for Justice in this show. He has worked hard over the past 10 years to make sure this show has gone off right and has gave him a better reputation, just in my opinion.

I will say this, despite his roll in Movies like Kiss of Death, on NYPD Blue, Mr. Caruso will be always "Horatio Caine" to the public, in my opinion. He is most famous for this roll and has done a fantastic job playing it.

Peace to ya Dasiymay! J.H.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  4. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Certainly don't want an argument, as you too are entitled to your opinion, and neither of us is going to change. I just don't really subscribe to the 'everybody equal' idea. Maybe I should, morally, but I don't. And when there are some serious emotions involved - and I'm sure you must accept that there are degrees of 'fandom' - then I definitely don't.

But welcome to the board, jh; we're sometimes argumentative but (mostly) respectful.

Just thought I should add that this looks like heading for a philosophical discussion - while I'll argue all day, given the chance, I think this is not the place. All I started off saying, and will continue to say, is that some people are far from ordinary!

5. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello Daisymay,

At my age, getting near 50 years old, I just see life a different way.

Yes, I would be very excited about meeting Horatio Caine/David Caruso, but honey, I wouldn't act like a 16 year old screaming teenager (HA!) meeting Justin Bieber.:lol:

You were very lucky to get to meet him and I am trying to figure out some way to meet him and Eva LaRue before God decides it is my time to leave. My dream is to get a picture of me and David together and a picture of Eva and me together. My wife wants that for me. That would me more to ole Jimi here than any materialist thing in the world. The good times and memories.;)

Let me say Dasiymay that I sort of side with your feelings. I totally understand. Personally, the past 7 years of my life have not been the best, but I'm not complaining. I lost my Dad 5 years ago this month. He liked Horatio Caine.

In conclusion, I want to be your friend, I respect your feelings, and I totally understand. Your are being who you are, and folks should have respect for that!

PEACE, and God Bless all CSI Fans!:)

J.H.

6. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

My view of life is my own, and would not suit everyone, but, just so you know, I'm older than you. Older than David, as it happens. No teenager, and I never behave like one.

I do feel we're getting off-topic, and I've no wish to fight, so I probably won't comment further.

7. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

To Daisymay and others,

Daisymay says we are getting off typic, and I agree, so anybody want to ask or discuss anything about Horatio Caine?

One thing I have noticed this season is he is not doing his famous "One Liners". I miss that part of the show, just before the famous Roger Daughtry scream of "The Who", and the intro rolls.

If anybody has any clue to why Horatio Caine is not doing his famous One Liners this season, please chime in, I would like to know.:)

Peace to all CSI Fans! J.H.

8. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

"Blame the writers?" [​IMG]

YEAAAHHH!

9. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Can't but agree! Give him a good one liner, and he'll deliver it, I've no doubt. Some (not all) of the current writers are completely careless about the patterns we saw in old episodes. The one liners, and the fact that the last shot was always of Horatio. Things like that. Just part of what made it what it was.

10. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Yes, I guess the writers of the program felt it was time for the one liners to go. I did not agree, but they have control, we don't, so I just sit back at these people behind the camera and think to myself, do they know what the heck they are doing?

11. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Can't leave this thread without an entry for a whole month! He's very quiet... He did say something a while back about going to Buenos Aires 'in March'. Anyone know if he has? Or any gossip? (I know we don't do gossip, but a girl can get desperate...)

12. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

There isn't much news on CSI Miami or DC lately. The only recent things I've heard were posted by David on his verified Twitter page @davidcaruso1.

A little while ago he said that he hoped to film Chacarita this year and was waiting on his schedule. Don't know if he was referring to CBS and CSI Miami's future or a schedule of resources for the movie.

Recently he has said that he is busy working on NR and CA projects. NR stands for North Ranch, DC's new multi media studio (which would be doing the movie, but also is doing other things) and CA stands for Caruso Art. DC definitely has an interest in art and some artist friends, but what this is all about has not been said.

Hope we hear more some.

13. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

Thought perhaps he was waiting for the verdict on renewal, since that would impact projected time frames for this new project. If renewed, CSI M filming would probably begin in late July.

Playing the waiting game has anxiety written all over it. I'm sure the entire cast and crew are distressed about this limbo position they find themselves in.

14. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I agree, and I thought his last posts on Twitter had a hint of stress about them (as much as you can 'read' a tweet!). It's got to be really horrible not knowing if you've got a job and an income, and not being able to make plans either. CBS should hurry up, for the sake of their casts and crews, never mind us.

15. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

You're right. It won't be much of a hardship for David if he suddenly finds himself unemployed, but what about the folks that work behind-the-scenes? They have families to support--might even be living paycheck-to-paycheck. TPTB shouldn't be keeping them in limbo until the last second. :(