Past Episodes Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Crumbs, Jan 30, 2012.

1. ~fox~

~fox~ Hit and Run

I haven't gotten this far in my re-watch, either, but I do remember that great character-defining moment for Nick. When he comforts the victim's sister by letting her know someone does care about the case and what she's going through, it was like a window into his motivation for doing his job. Not that Warrick didn't care or wasn't passionate about the case--he was--it was just such a beautiful slice of human nature...how different people with different perspectives come together and have the same goal. It's what I love about the team.

2. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Oh don't worry, I'm not doing it in any particular order, I'm just choosing a random episode to discuss every time.

Hmm... I didn't think it was said out of spite or dislike, I saw it more as a pat on the back to Grissom more than a remark against Sara in the sense that he sort of finally stood up for himself instead and took a leadership decision. (Cath's previously criticised him in the past I know.) :)

Agreed, the "promotion" thing seemed really stupid, I too didn't like how it was dropped after so much build-up. (At least they explained its disappearance though! *coughSeason11cough*)

As for Season 4's best episode, I completely agree with all the ones you listed (although I'd add "Early Rollout" as a favourite too for the great team case). What I like about the season is that I can't think of an episode I dislike from it. A couple of 'meh' but nothing bad anyway.

I'll leave this episode up for another day before moving on to the next one. :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  3. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I feel that they were going to do more with Warrick in s6, that may of been the purpose behind his new marriage but then Gary started having problems and those ideas were put on the side

As for his s8 storyline, the pills is where they lose me in the s/l, him going after Gedda is in character but the pills :(

Season 4 had some good episodes :)

Though I do agree Sara was put through the ringer in the season

Pretty angsty season for GSR, at least things were better in s5

My Favorites: Turning of the Screws, Jackpot, Fur and Loathing, Invisible Evidence, Butterflied

Least Favorite: Getting Off

As for the Nick/Sara Key Position s/l, I wouldn't say it was totally dropped, after all the past few seasons Nick was assistant supervisor

Also there was the introduction of Vartann :)

The preparation of Greg's transition into the field YAY for continuity :)

ETA:

Catherine having a love interest and then he turns out to be a jerk, wish there had been more continuity after the break up

Continuity for her and Sam Braun was decent

Me, I don't think she did anything wrong accepting it, I didn't like that Grissom was unhappy about it but that is Grissom

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  4. sharp52092

Are we going to continue this or not? :)

5. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Sorry, I completely forgot about this! Nice to see it being bumped up though. :)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Season 7, Episode 10: “Loco Motives”
    Written by: Evan Dunsky
    Original Airdate: December 7, 2006
    CSI Files Synopsis: "A case involving a man killed at a poultry manufacturing plant leads the CSI team closer to discovering the identity of the serial killer who leaves miniature replicas of his crime scenes. When the CSIs process clues at the poultry manufacturing plant, the evidence leads them to the home of a man who collects miniature trains and other miniature paraphernalia. Grissom and his team rush to link him to the other miniature killings, but a twist in the case could prevent them from gathering enough evidence to catch the killer."

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yep, I’ve fast-forwarded through episodes in Season 5 and 6, but I’ve mainly chosen this episode because it’s the most recent one I’ve watched other than “Seeing Red” from this season. :lol:

Anyway, the obvious thing about this episode is that it’s slap-bang in the middle of the miniature killer arc, an arc which has received mixed reception from the fan community it seems. I actually rather enjoyed the arc and its development right up to the conclusion in “Living Doll” which ended up being a bit of a slap in the face, leaving us with more questions than answers, but that’s for another episode discussion.

This one is easily my favourite MK episode, and that’s mainly for the amusing B-case attached on to it, it was exactly what was needed to liven up the darker tones which Season 7 delved into. Catherine giggling at Max in the cement and later whilst standing outside the interrogation room in my opinion made the situation even funnier, and it’s nice to see the CSIs, how should I put it, having fun (?) at the crime scenes. The black humour in this episode was particularly great in this one I thought, probably because it didn’t seem as forced as some other episodes. I loved the almost slapstick approach when they showed the flashbacks of Max killing his wife and neighbour!

Brass was comedy gold in this episode in particular, from not being able to get Max’s name, to the interrogations throughout the story. I also noticed he seemed to be juggling both cases throughout the episode; I believe this was the time where the show must have forgotten about their detectives or something.

The MK case was a little so-so and brought down the episode a little, although it was nice to see little bits of humour added in occasionally such as the chicken factory video. (I don’t know why I find it so funny but it makes me snigger every time.) As for the ending, I’m in two minds about it. On the one hand, I feel if they had ended the MK storyline with Ernie Dell shooting himself it would have been a bit of an anti-climax. On the other hand, it actually became an anti-climax in my opinion anyway. :lol:

Favourite moment of the episode?

Max: I'm the guy who buys his daughter a puppy for her eighth birthday. And the next day, he backs out on the driveway and...

Brass: No... No ... Don't tell me you ran over the puppy.

Max: No, I ran over my daughter. :guffaw:

I don’t know what makes me laugh more, the line itself or Catherine’s reaction to it!

All in all, I definitely rank this episode highly, mainly due to the hilarious B-case but also I felt it was well-rounded for a Season 7 episode, showing everybody equally and providing decent cases. Could have done with a bit more forensics/science but in my opinion I think the humour more than made up for it.

My rating for “Loco Motives”: 8.7/10 (very good)

So, discussion time. :)

6. sharp52092

That's fine, don't want to go in order

I fear it might get boring

Loved Loco Motives, liked the mini case but yeah it's the B case that really made me love it

Even today I still laugh when watching

I do agree, Brass/Paul was on top of it :thumbsup:

Those ants would have been a great spot for continuity for Grave Danger ;) my one complaint about the ep

Nice seeing Greg work the mini case :)

Warrick and the little girl was just.. :adore: