The River

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by jafox, Feb 2, 2012.

1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I don't know if anyone here is interested in this show. It's scheduled to premiere next week, but I found a sneak peek of the full series premiere episode. I warn you, it's different. A kind of Lost-meets-Blair-Witch-Project-written-by-Stephen-King. :eek:
    Here's a link if you're curious (and who wouldn't be after that description :lol:):

http://tv.msn.com/video/tv/?videoId...om=sharepermalink&src=v5:share:sharepermalink:

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I may watch it next week if Bones isn't on, which it probably won't be lol.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  3. GregNickRyanFan

Forget what I said in the post above. For some reason I was thinking The River was gonna be on next Thursday, but its on Tuesday... which means I won't be watching it most likely. I believe the cbs shows are new that night.

4. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I'll watch it, it looks REALLY creepy. I just hope it will finish all it's episodes, instead of being canned like every other new ABC show. :shifty:

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

According to this article, it will air 8 episodes.

http://www.tvline.com/2012/02/review-abc-the-river/

6. GregNickRyanFan

So is it just a one season thing like "Harper's Island" was?

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Your guess is as good as mine. It may depend on how well viewed it is. I think a lot of mid season shows are tests to gauge their popularity; some return, some are dumped.

8. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I may watch it. Premise is simple: man disappears, wife brings a search party to look for him, and spooky/creepy events happen. I don't really think they can keep that kind of storyline up for multiple seasons. [​IMG]

9. GregNickRyanFan

I watched it. It was okay. Kind of weird though. Will we ever really get to see the "creature"? And why did a dragonfly going into the "medium"'s mouth allow a supposedly STILL ALIVE person to speak through her? That's weird. I don't get that.

The doll tree was FREAKY!

I laughed at the monkey wearing the doll head though.

10. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Have two episodes aired? That last description sounds nothing like the first ep.

11. GregNickRyanFan

They aired two hours (two episodes) from 8-10pm central last night. But they looped it altogether. When it first came on at 8pm, it said "Part one written by" then whomever wrote it and "Part two written by" and whomever wrote it. They had it up there side by side.

12. BabaOReilly

Ah, thanks. I'll go find the second part online tonight. The first half was so-so.

13. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

The 2nd half was way scarier than the 1st IMO. Creepy flipping dolls. :shifty: But they sure did get into it fast. I wish we had some sort of intro/background story with the characters before they jumped right into the strange happenings. Seems like the military advisor or whatever (the badass guy with the rifle) is crooked. Overall a good, creepy series. A good show to watch if you want a break from all the cop shows. :lol:

14. GregNickRyanFan

I agree that he might be working against them in some way. That phone call of his was mighty suspicious sounding.

Also, when Lincoln was talking to his mom about her cheating on his dad, did anyone else get the feeling that she cheated with the producer guy (Paul Blackthorne or whatever his name is from the Dresden show)?

And I know the name Leslie Hope and I know I've seen her before (the mother), but I can't remember where LOL.

15. BabaOReilly

I don't know. It feels like they're jumping straight into all this supernatural stuff too fast. They should go for the eerie build at least a bit. I'm not dying to watch a ghost of the week show.