The Rest In Peace & Remembrance Thread #2

I saw on Showbiz Tonight the other night that Etta James passed away. She was 73.

*edited cause I had the wrong name and age.

Last edited:
James Farentino Dies at 73

Actor James Farentino, whose private life was sometimes as dramatic as the roles he played in theater and on television, died Tuesday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. He was 73 and had suffered from a lengthy illness, said family spokesman Bob Palmer.

Best known for his TV work, Farentino was one of the last contract performers with Universal Studios in the 1960s. His nearly 100 roles included recurring appearances in such series as "The Bold Ones: The Lawyers," "Dynasty," "Blue Thunder" and "Police Story."

Susan

Wow. How truly sad. What an awesome talent she was.
Her rendition of The National Anthem has really never been equalled, IMO.
It will certainly be hard to feel festive at the Grammy's tomorrow night. I expect a fairly somber mood overall.

RIP, Whitney.
Sincere condolecences to her family and friends, and especially to her daughter.

ETA: TVline has posted some of her music videos, including The Star Spangled Banner. Amaaazzzing.
http://www.tvline.com/2012/02/whitney-houston-dead-at-48/#more-298794

Last edited:
I still can't believe Whitney Houston is dead. I absolutely LOVE her song "Greatest Love Of All".
R.I.P. Whitney. I would've loved, when you and Michael Jackson were both alive, to have heard the 2 of you do a duet of the Jackson 5 song "I'll Be There".

They say the deaths come in threes and it just did...

Gary Carter, HOF catcher with the Expos and Mets died of cancer at the age of 57. :(

Back