Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo Thread #17

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by sharp52092, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I probably said it before: what we need is another season 5 where there is not only a balance between characters in terms of screen time, but all of them get their own story arcs/centric episodes, that way we wouldn't have to worry about who the writers are listening to ;).

2. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

^^
    Dunno, but for me they (Billy and Greg) seemed little alike. Like sharp stated. But mostly my problem was with that weirdness of watching Eric as someone else rather than Greg which I've seen for years in a row.
    It was kinda like back then when I watched X-files and then saw David on other projects and had to adjust my mind of taking him as different character than what I've been seeing for years.
    But for me it happens often with actors I watch only playing one role for longer time. If I see them in different roles they don't get that much attached to one character.

^^
    I think here CSI's been most watched show too. Though dunno exact ratings in numbers because here it's not made public, only overal popular channels and programmes during some period of time (month or year).
    But I remember from previous years when CSI was on more regular terms it was always at the very top of the channel list (top places 1 to 5 out of top ten for several months in a row). So yeah rather popular. Well it was when the local/national shows hadn't taken the ultimate popularity.

3. Szmile!

Szmile! Dead on Arrival

Thought you might! :lol:

I agree with wishing the writers WANTED him instead of NEEDING him. Fingers crossed that Eric earned major brownie (or Eagle Scout!) points for stepping up.

Regarding Eric's other roles, I see Jacob as being proto-Greg. That's not a criticism in anyway because I absolutely love them both. Derek was definitely different from the others, I think he had more shades of grey to his character (was in the police force but was lazy, a two-timing ratbag and (depending on your point of view) had some odd sexual kinks). Billy was kinda a nice sweet innocent boy like Jacob and Greggo. Eli was a VERY interesting character (especially when he was handcuffed to the chair!), but for some reason I couldn't get Greg away from the character. I guess it's because I liked the idea that Eli was Greg's seductive horny alter-ego (that interview room scene really made an impression on me! ;)) Max... I actually can't stand. His personality did a total 180 in the space of a couple of minutes. If the writers had made him more consistent I might have warmed to him. Luke I loved, but I think of him as the person Greg is like at home, when he leaves his professional "work face" at the front door. The character he played in Kamakazi Beethoven was interesting because he went from bum to corporate executive (not exactly but you know what I mean). In my opinion, his bum was better than his exec (British lurkers on this board are now giggling ;)).

I would have given anything to have seen him in Hyenas. Not just for the sake of the loincloth (!) but to have seen him play someone utterly removed from Greg, someone more damaged and psychopathic.

And as for the Dope Ass Warrior... I want him for my love slave >:)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  4. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

This season has been better, things aren't quite perfect or maybe I'm just picky

Greg's involvement I'm pretty happy with, I would like some more Sara :)

Maybe it'll help if you watch more of Eric's other roles

I recommend The Division :)

5. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Sounds very interesting. I'll try to sleek on the net next month when lib's open because I've just spent too many credit on YT watching True Vinyl. Guess next time better check data traffic price on steaming before actually watching something over 30sec

6. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

His bum is always better ;) :p

7. sharp52092

True :lol::guffaw:

8. Szmile!

Szmile! Dead on Arrival

I still grin when I remember Greg's line "They took my bum?!" in one of the eps. So THAT'S what happened to it ;) To be honest, he hasn't really got much you can grab hold of. I suppose he needs snugger-fitting trousers... :D

Aww, and there was me trying to have an intelligent discussion about Eric's career, and I've gone and lowered the tone :p

9. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

Yep, hopefully he's proved that he's story-worthy in his own right!

Bahaha, what was this one? I think I need to see it!

*giggles*

I had tickets to go and see that at the Edinburgh Festival a number of years back, then he cancelled. Bah.

Bahahaha! Maybe it should have its own show?

10. Szmile!

Szmile! Dead on Arrival

Eli was in Freakylinks. Slightly loses his sex appeal when you take into consideration that he ate a barbecued rat in an earlier scene, but I suppose it's okay to kiss him as long as he brushes his teeth first ;)

I was also going to go to the Fringe festival to see him. By the time I went to order tickets he'd already cancelled :( Did you end up going to the Fringe anyway? Someone should tell him he owes us a semi-nude performance.

11. SpasmThatCat

Wowser. I wonder if I can find it anywhere?

Yes I did, saw some great stuff anyway despite the disappointment!

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

If you have the Chiller channel, it sometimes plays episodes of Freakylinks.

13. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

14. sharp52092

Eric Szmanda Web has it, I just rewatched :)

15. SpasmThatCat

Cheers guys, we don't get Chiller over here I don't think, but maybe SyFy will have it. I'll check. I did find it on a torrent site but there are no seeders so I'm not holding out much hope on that one! In the meantime I'll go and check out ES.com. :)

Edit: Oof that really *is* bad quality! I only worked out which one was him when he spoke! :D