10x12 - 'Friendly Fire' - ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Jan 7, 2012.

1. yen35

yen35 Witness

Came out of lurkdom to comment that it was a really great episode. I actually laughed out loud at 1 or 2 scenes, something I haven't done in CSIM for a very long time. And the plot was super too. It had so many twisty moments.

2. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

I loved it. Thought it was one of the season's best. The plot was excellent and I loved the imaginative weapons the writers created. Everybody got a good amount of screentime (yay!) and I liked the bits between Eric, Samatha, and Ryan.

I give it an A. The only thing keeping it from a A+ was the teensy-weensy shot of Kyle on Skype.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That poll, when you vote on it, it takes you to a different thread. Weird that that is happening with polls again.

Okay, I'm just gonna get this out of the way first. I am not a Samantha fan. I don't trust her. I think she's up to something BUT: I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way the whole Eric/Ryan/Sam thing played out. I love that Ryan was willing to give up the gift he got for her to Eric to give to her to make up for being to harsh on her. I love that Eric mentioned the past (holy continuity, Batman!). I love that Eric told Samantha that Ryan got her the bracelet and I really love Eric for that. I want to hug Eric for that LOL. Even though I do not EVER want Ryan with Samantha (even if she's not up to something because I would rather he have a girlfriend OUTSIDE of the lab), I love what Eric did for Ryan. Go, Eric! :D

Okay, on to the rest of the episode (and this is what I wrote down while watching it):

Oh look, it's Forest from BTVS lol and he was on "Heroes" as well as Nikki's husband (can't remember his name on there lol). But, does that house kind of remind anyone else of the Jestons' house or is it just me? :lol:

LOL at Ryan and Walter's excitement over the tv. And Ryan saying "football" and he and Walter getting engrossed in the game... heehee.

Who is the dude with the mustache? Is he the guy from Medium? I could have sworn he was a semi-regular on some show like that.

DAVE!!!!!! :D

A bullet that changes direction in the air and has a microchip in it with info about the target. Now that is SCARY!

Oooh... it's the guy from Heroes and Covert Affairs.

I swear during that gun fight scene, the way the editing was, it kind of looked like Sam was nodding at one of the shooters like she was in on it with them... but now I realize that look was to Eric LOL. She looks weird with that gun by the way... but that may just be because I'm used to seeing her in the lab LOL.

About the Kyle "scene": :wtf: That was it? I feel jipped! That cost the episode some points, I have to say.

Wait... no preview. Is the episode not new next week?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  4. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I found myself really enjoying this eppie. The plot was okay, but I enjoyed the team's inteaction.

Random Thoughts:

Dave Benton is back! I enjoyed his and Ryan's excitement over the new phone (which seemed pretty cool to me as well)

Plenty of quality Ryan!! I enjoyed every scene he was in and he interacted so well with everyone else. I have liked he and Calleigh working side by side a lot this season.

I am waiting for that cat fight between Sam and Natalia.:rolleyes:

Was glad that Eric put Sam in her place. He's the experienced one and she needs to listen to him. Things don't always go by the book and I am glad he straightened her out.

I had a feeling Matthew Stone death was more of a suicide but because of the cancer not to bring attention to the gun.

By my favorite part of the eppie was Ryan, Eric and the bracelet. I thought it was a wonderful gesture for Ryan to give Eric the bracelet as a peace offering to Sam and I actually said "AWWWWW Eric!!" when he pointed out the bracelet was actuallly from Ryan. I am not the biggest fan of Sam, but it would be nice for Ryan to get some lovin'. Will have to see where this goes.

Really, Kyle for a half a second?!!:scream: Why bother bring him in at all if he wasn't going to get a least a scene and some dialogue?!!!:scream:

Very watchable.

5. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

Sorry to disappoint you Greg, but according to the CBS schedule there is no new episode until Jan. 29th.:(

Next Sunday is a rerun of "Stiff" and the Sunday after that is a rerun of "Blown Away"

6. GregNickRyanFan

LOL, I didn't realize at first that you were addressing me. I was like "who the heck is Greg?" I didn't even realize that my screen name had gone back to normal until now haha. I'm tired, apparently, so I'm a little slow to catch on today LOL.

No new one till Jan 29th? :( That sucks. Thanks for letting me know. I'll have to make a note of that on my dry erase board so I don't forget.

7. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

I enjoyed the episode overall. Wow has technology ever evolved! :p telling the tv, stereo and shower to come on with a voice demand. Pretty cool. I loved the way Walter and Ryan told the tv to come on with football. They seemed to enjoy that.

I also liked the way Eric told Samantha Ryan got her the bracelet. But I am wondering why he got her that gift in the first place. Hmmm!?!?

I don't know how I feel about Sam but my gut tells me something is up there. I know people had that feeling about Natalia when she first arrived on scene but she had no bad motives but for some reason I think Sam does. We shall see. But for me for now, the jury is out on her.

so Kyle was on for what? 10 seconds at the most?!?! :wtf: Not even enough to tease fans. Blink and he's gone!

But I did feel bad for Mr Stone. To want to end his life like that. And with his own technology. Wow! He was a nice guy though.

Now someone mentioned the man with the mustache. I think he was the one who ran amok at Seattle Grace Hospital on Grey's Anatomy last season. He took out some people and turned on Derrick Shepherd "McDreamy" (Patrick Dempsey).

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks folks. :)

8. GregNickRyanFan

He said it was a congratulations for making detective gift.

GA isn't where I've seen that guy cause I don't watch that show. I didn't watch Medium regularly, but have probably seen more eps of it than I have of GA LOL. Maybe it wasn't Medium. Maybe he was a recurring character on CSI Vegas or something. I dunno, but I know I've seen him somewhere before LOL.

9. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

The guy with the mustache was also in NCIS when they did the episode to focus on Vance's journey to NCIS. He basically played the guy that set Vance up to get killed, and eventually tried to kill Vance by overdosing him on morphine in the end, but ended up getting stabbed by Vance. He's a very good villain.

Overall the episode was pretty good. The plot was nice and twisted and I felt that everybody pretty much had equal screen time. I thought the ending speech was touching and Eric telling Sam that Ryan bought the bracelet for her was nice too.

I'm really not a big fan of Sam though as a person. I feel like she thinks of herself as knowing everything as she went off during the shooting without consulting Eric first. I have a feeling that she's bad news.

Overall though, it was a pretty good episode and I give it an A.

10. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

The episode definitely kept me guessing - "smart bullets" - interesting concept. I figured that would hit home for H... (more on the lame 1-sec. cameo of Kyle later..:shifty: )

Samantha - don't like her, the show doesn't need another detective. There are TOO MANY FREAKIN CHARACTERS to focus on as it is. :wtf: I don't understand why Ryan's got a hang-up on her - it IS like the Natalia thing from Season 4 and I feel like it's gonna play out the same way - she's gonna be a mole or something. TPTB - we really DON'T need any more new characters - if we did, why did you get rid of Jesse??? :rolleyes: Arrgggg. Also, I agree that as a person, she's pretty 2-dimensional - a know-it-all who thinks she's always right. I also don't like how she and Nat are cat-fighting - it kinda makes Nat look bad...like she's jealous of Sam or something. Nat's got nothing to be jealous of, unless they're creating an ugly Ryan/Sam/Nat triangle (please god no!!!)

Oh, and speaking of 2-dimensional, is it me, or is Cal kind of 2-dimensional and "blah" this season? I mean, last year we hardly saw her, and this year, it's all business. No laughing, no joking - she's kinda becoming as stiff as H. :confused:

I did like the Ryan/Samantha/Eric thing a bit - glad they had some continuity mentioning Nat. The main reason I liked it is that it showed how far the Eric/Ryan friendship has come - I do NOT like Samantha, nor do I want her to go out w/Ryan, but it was nice to see Eric and Ryan truly acting like friends. A sweet moment, even though I think Sam is a hack. :shifty:

The (non) Kyle scene - BOGUS! :wtf: That was totally taken from the last time they Skyped, and it was just a little "reminder" to the audience - if the audience didn't blink or sneeze during the 1-sec. cameo. If you never really watched the show, you would have no idea what was goin on there. TPTB need to BRING KYLE BACK FOR REAL!!! That was just the lamest thing EVER. :rolleyes:

11. GregNickRyanFan

It was NCIS then where I've seen him more recently LOL. I was thinking it might be NCIS, but wasn't sure and Medium jumped into my head for some reason LOL.

12. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

episode had lots of twists & turns-keeping it current with the occupy movement and the release of smart phones being $500! Now as to the Kyle scene-I think Horatio wasn't SKyping at that moment just viewing old footage...like a reminder that his son is out there in danger 24/7 and with the knowledge that technology that helps H solve his cases might also harm his son is very troubling to a parent of a servicemen at war. I was disappointed of course but at the same time I like that FINALLY the tptb even give a nod to Horatio being a concerned dad-that some cases will cause H to reflect on his personal life. I wish sometimes they'd show him ending his crazy emotional day looking at his son's photograph on his desk or something better than denying H has any family-Wish it was a group of photos showing his brother, nephew & niece currently as well but that's too much I guess..I think Horatio was genuinely freaked out by the idea of a smart bullet /gun in the hands of criminals-so many cops/civilians can die now. Funny how the whole team just assumed it was H who got the shot and it didn't occur to them that it was a malfunction...even if Horatio shoots true his gun wouldn't be a match for this new technology-truly scary!

13. Montydog13

Montydog13 Victim

Please , please, please do not go down the Ryan/Sam line writers. Yuk! Loved the interaction between Rtan and Eric on this, but she is so not right for Ryan. Give the guy a break and let him have a girlfirend who's worth it. There is just something really not right about her - give her to Walter if y9u must, but leave our Ryan alone

14. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Glad I'm not alone, I don't trust her either. I totally agree about Eric and Ryan. I was wondering if the writers would remember these two have been here done that before with Natalia, glad it was acknowledged.

Eric is a sweetheart and he and Ryan have come such a long way from where they used to be. Love it!!

15. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

I actually really liked this episode. I FF'd through a lot less than I normally do, so that's something.

Totally enjoyed the amount of screen time each character was given. And with that, I loved the team interaction... especially that scene between Calleigh, Ryan, and Walter with the television. HYSTERICAL. I also enjoyed the Horatio/Kyle scene at the end, as small as it was. So Kyle wasn't there in the flesh, and there wasn't a lot of screen time for him, but it was still good to see father and son connecting. ('Cause seriously, when was the last time we got a mention of Kyle from H?)

I was really hesitant to dislike Sam when they first introduced her. As a hardcore Natalia fan, I remember just how many Miami fans hated her when she first came on board in season four, so I told myself that I'll give Owens a chance... but it's a pretty damn hard thing to do. I don't know if it's a mixture of the writing, the actress, the character itself... but something about her really rubs me the wrong way. Trying to keep the jury out, but damn is it hard!