CBS Alters Midseason Schedule, Puts 'CSI:NY' On 6-Week Hiatus

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Dec 16, 2011.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

CBS has made some changes to its midseason schedule, and the alterations will affect the Friday night lineup. CSI: New York will return from the winter hiatus on Friday, January 6. However, starting February 17, Undercover Boss will shift to the Friday 8:00pm ET/PT timeslot, pushing A Gifted Man back to 9:00pm ET/PT and removing [...]

More...

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Re: CBS Alters Midseason Schedule, Puts ?CSI:NY? On 6-Week Hiatus

I don't like this at all...

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I don't like it either - I think shows usually shed viewers after the winter hiatus anyway, and to have a few episodes sprinkled over a month and a half before taking the show off the schedule again for six weeks...who knows what the viewership will look like by the end of the season. :(

It doesn't really seem like a coincidence that they're trying out A Gifted Man in CSI:NY's timeslot as a lead-in for Blue Bloods. (Is it bad that I hope Blue Bloods loses some viewers without NY as its lead-in? I don't know how much audience overlap there is between the two, but at this point I'm grasping at any straws to keep NY around for another year, regardless of how slim that possibility may be.)

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

As far as I know, A Gifted Man will end after its 16 (?) episode order. The ratings are abysmal, and it's just not doing as well as CBS had hoped (ratings-wise and the lack of critical acclaim).

With there only being 18 episodes, I think this makes sense. If they were to air all of the episodes without a 6-week hiatus, the show would wrap in March. This way, they're spreading it out and will be able to complete the season relatively close to the other two shows. I believe it has a shot at a 9th season, if only to have the show reach the 200 episode mark. The ratings are somewhat consistent each week, and for a show airing on Friday nights, it's doing better than I expected.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I know that Jonathan said Miami was supposed to get 19 episodes this season, which is only one more than NY. Has that changed to your knowledge? Also, I was wondering if you know how many episodes Vegas will have this season. Are they are a shorter episode plan like Miami and NY or will they get the full 22 or more episodes that they normally get?

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Miami still has 19, NY will 18, and CSI will have 22. They're in the process of breaking the story for episode 19.

7. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks, Shane. :)

8. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

This is pretty bad....more than a month without a new episode with A Gifted Man which is sure to be canceled taking it's place.

9. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

And what are they going to do once March Madness comes around? They are on Frinday nights which means they should be affected by it shouldn't they?

Susan

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Wouldn't it be done by then?

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It won't be done, but it won't impact NY when it comes back. According to the tournament website the final four plays out on Saturday, March 31 and Monday, April 2 and NY is coming back on Friday, March 30.

ETA: Here's the website link: http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

But if Miami has only 19 wouldn't they be in the same situation?

It's all so frustrating. I really want NY to have a 9th season.

13. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Well, this is certainly a bummer. I want NY to have another season, too. I'm an Adam girl mainly, and I want to see him next season.

14. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

This is totally not cool. I watch all 3 shows on Friday nights. I thought CBS had cancelled Undercover Boss!!! They can't put it back on Sunday nights, because they moved The Good Wife there. CBS, why must you always screw up my shows!!! :scream: One and a half months with no Mac? Arrrggghhh....:(

15. GregNickRyanFan

I too thought Undercover Boss had been canceled.