"Genetic Disorder" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I'm watching this episode for the first time now, so I'll update as I pick up on things I like/dislike:

1. Brass seems to have made his mind up pretty quickly, I know at first blush it may seem that she was having an affair, but who knows, maybe she wasn't? You were head of the crime lab, Jim!
    2. Why does RDH get updated title credits and nobody else does? New titles for all the cast, please!
    3. Sarcastic Brass. I don't like him anymore. Brass and Mrs Robbins seem to know each other...
    4. $90 for underwear?
    5. DB's phone-call to his wife, and still no Catherine :(
    6. Coroner hug. Yay :D.
    7. And we have Morgan, I love her!
    8. His past really *is* clouding his judgement
    9. Dr. Sloan. I like her, is there room for another coroner on the main cast? PLEASE! She has great chemistry with RDH.
    10. Hodges being annoying again. Grrr. He does seem to respect Doc though.
    11. Doc has a cat. Hodges had a cat, too, but it died :(
    12. More Morgan - why do we need Lis Shue when we have Lis Harnois?
    13. Too much cat, not enough Catherine.
    14. CATHERINE!!! I love the color of her shirt, she seems to know a lot about affairs, are you sure it was just Eddie that was cheating, Cath?
    15. Grave rubbing? Sounds like an act of erotic necrophilia.
    16. He SHOULD hyphenate!
    17. Catherine doing forensic things and thoughtful friend things. I'm going to miss her.
    18. Doc had an affair!? Major loss of respect for him, that bastard.
    19. Henry is scared of DB. He does yell out names a lot, though.
    20. DB's name-plate on his desk says 'CSI 5 Supervisor' - I'm sure of it. I thought a CSI 3 was the highest rank?
    21. Hodges, you dick. "And here's to you, Mrs Robbinssss" - Hilarious, but a little insensitive.
    22. Radio-active cat urine?
    23. Is this guy the real killer?
    24. He screwed up the DNA!? Or did he?
    25. DB yelling again :p He needs to learn how to use the intercom system
    26. Banjo music! Incest, yuck :(
    27. Crazy s**t. Brass was wrong, and it was a set-up.
    28. "Hojem-Sanders" - for the tenth time xD
    29. Brass apologized to Doc, Doc apologized to his wife.
    30. Such a cute couple
    31. Family tree. I'm trying not to cry right now.
    32. Roll end credits, no more Catherine for this episode.

Overall I'll give it a B. A great episode, I didn't really notice that Nick & Sara weren't there, I loved DB, RDH did a great job. Morgan is brilliant as usual, and so was Greg, the guest cast was fantastic, but Brass was an idiot, and the lack of Catherine took away a lot from the episode IMO.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  2. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I loved last night [​IMG]

Nice to see some insight into Al's life: got to see their home, married 25 years, have at least 1 grandchild, even saw him w/o his legs :)

Need to show more this Greg, not Greg in danger or in trouble, thank you Liz Divine!!! :D

Loved that he was staying "neutral", Morgan was too :thumbsup:

Wasn't much Cath, I thought so after last week, DB too

:) Little bit of continuity from Brass and Catherine's pasts, wish it hadn't blocked Brass' judgement so much, but that was a very nice scene at the end between him and Al :)

3. tippy

tippy Victim

I really enjoyed this episode, loved seeing Greg finally take charge, lead material in my opinion.

Did not miss Nick last night, finally glad to see others get much deserved screen time.

Don't like the double standard men have, Doc had an affair, yet when he wrongly assumed Judy did(I know in the beginning it pointed to her) but he just jumped to the conclusion she did without even hearing what she had to say, then he wouldn't have anything to do with her, considering what he did, Doc treated Judy horribly. I had lots of respect for Doc before this episode, but that dropped after last night.

Don't care for the way they seem to be making Brass into a big a** don't like this direction at all.

I finally even liked Morgan last night, she seemed very caring and sympathetic, I was touched.

As for the genealogy stuff, I loved it. I have been doing my ancestry for over 10 years and I just love it. I encourage everyone to try it, I guarantee you will get hooked.

4. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

I'm going to watch it when I get a spare hour and I'm pretty positive that I'm going to miss Nick. I'm also pretty positive that I'm not going to get on here and bash any character on the show on this forum.

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

This was a great episode. I have to say that I really, really enjoyed Greg in this one. I've always been neutral about him, not a favorite but not a character I dislike. But in this episode I liked how he stepped up, was mature and professional about the whole thing focusing on the evidence and sharing great scenes with others. I especially liked when he put the lab coat on and helped Henry with the DNA.

I really liked getting to know more about Doc's life. He is not a character that's front and center a lot so this was a treat. The actress who played Judy did an amazing job. I really liked her.

Brass.... I just don't like this direction the character is taking. I was glad he apologized but he was so harsh with Doc in the beginning, not to mention Judy.

Catherine... wish we had seen more of her especially since she only has two left. At least she got a scene with Doc which I really wanted to see.

I give it an A.

6. tippy

tippy Victim

Just exactly how did I bash Nick? I happen to like most of the characters on the show including Nick. I just enjoyed finally seeing Greg get to play lead, sort of. Wasn't bashing. Just because I didn't miss him doesn't mean I don't like him.

7. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

I didn't miss Nick and Sara too (though she is my favorite character !) because the centric episode on Robbins was great ! The case was interesting and the developement of each character was perfect !
    A wonderful episode !

8. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

It just seemed like such an unnecessary line. We all know that George wasn't in the episode because he was at his dad's funeral and a slight jab was made. I get frustrated when any actor/character gets bashed and even these slight jabs bug me. I feel that it's inconsiderate to the fans as well as to the people who work to put CSI on the air.

The jab at Nick and the accusation that I'm not a fan were both made in this same thread. What is going on around here?

9. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

I agree with you here... it really seems as if we are walking on eggshells here lately... some fans even left the boards because others twisted comments of them or accused them of things they NEVER said. It sucks that things are like that... and all that just because fans like a certain character. Not every comment has to do with the liking of a character but still some don't get it and make it something it isn't :(

As for the ep... I dunno what to think of it. I really liked Doc in this one. He deserved to be focused in this episode :) The storyline was really interesting too!

Greg got a lot of screentime in this one... of course he profited of Nick missing. After all this episode was meant to be with him in it.

Liz Divine wrote a very good episode here and I wished it would have been filmed like it was supposed to be filmed. I'm sure at least half of Greg's screentime would have gone to Nick then ;)

10. tippy

tippy Victim

Why are you attacking me and twisting my words. I was not bashing or taking a jab at Nick, I like the guy. It has been almost 2 years since I posted last and this is the reason. Certain people can say whatever they want and no problem, yet some like myself say something innocent and get attacked and what they say twisted.

I thought this place had changed but I guess not. So I won't be posting anymore. According to CgrGrl not only have I bashed and made jabs at Nick but I have also insulted all fans and people associated with CSI in one fell swoop. I wish I could be as upstanding as she and never say anything unnecessary or inconsiderate as I am sure she never has. She can pat herself on the back as she has now driven this horrible person off this board.

11. jlake

jlake Civilian

So, they mentioned the condoms hidden under the sink where Doc couldn't see them. Were they insinuating she was having other affairs, or did I miss where they explained that?

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Regarding Doc, its pretty natural IMO for someone who had in the past made a mistake by cheating on their spouse to think for a split second that maybe their spouse had decided to get back at them by cheating... and you could see that Doc was thinking "well, if she did cheat then I deserved it because I did it to her in the past". So, I don't think he was treating his wife badly. He hugged her and told her he needed to have faith in her and they shouldn't talk with how he was feeling so unsure (given the way the evidence looked at the time). I think that was a wise decision. He was trying to avoid a fight that would forever destroy what they had. By stepping back like he did, he did avoid making things worse.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  13. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

You summed up the episode great! I loved it. It has to be one of my favorites. I loved Doc got some much screen time. I have to say I did not notice Nick was missing. This season is fantastic!

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, I noticed Nick and Sara were missing because I read that they wouldn't be in the episode lol. And even if I hadn't read that, I would have wondered where Nick was (had I not known about George's dad) since he's one of my favorite characters (he and Greg are my two top faves, though I pretty much like everyone in the current cast lol). Of course naturally while watching the episode, I wondered what scenes were originally meant for Nick and stuff like that. And I did find myself wondering what Sara's reaction would have been to Doc's situation. But, it was still a well written episode. Kudos to Elizabeth Devine. :)

Like several have said, I'm glad Brass apologized to Doc, but I kind of wish they'd shown him apologize to Judy as well or at least have him say to Doc, "Please tell Judy that I'm sorry" or something like that.

The hug between SuperDave and Doc was very nice. SuperDave looked like he was going to cry.

15. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well I think everyone mentioned everything that I was going to comment on, so I don't think it needs to be said again. But I WILL say, that I really enjoyed the episode and it was refreshing to see it centered around Doc for a change.

And due to reasons beyond our control with certain characters (actors) not present in last nights episode, I think it was great to see how well the others were when having to step up to the plate.

Certainly DB was a part of this case, but Greg seemed to take control of the scene and did a fantastic job, as others pointed out, to stay objective. To not be blinded by personal opinions and concentrate on what the evidence was telling him. I also thought it was great of him to step in and help Henry out as well. Well done.

I really liked how when Morgan was processing Mrs. Robbins, she told her basically (can't remember the actually dialog) that there were two sides to this being processed. To prove guilt or innocence.

And Hodges? Yeah, I too think a couple of his passing comments were a little more on the insensitive side, but it's Hodges being Hodges.

Lastly...SuperDave giving Doc a hug.

Great episode!