"Genetic Disorder" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I DVR everything - it's way more convenient to watch when I want to (it's the same reason I own a cell phone and not a land-line; it's all about living by my schedule, not someone else's). But I don't count for ratings anyway, not being American. :p (and like someone pointed out, it's really only a tiny number of families that count anyway)

As for the episode - I actually really liked it. I'm not so much of a "Nick fan" that I can't appreciate the stories or the other characters too. :)

I really liked how Greg (Hojem-Sanders) stayed objective right from the start, to the point of telling off the others too. It was fun seeing him back in the lab too; nice to see he hasn't completely left that skill-set behind.

Brass was letting his past take over way too much. I'm glad Al called him out on it, and that he apologized in the end. It doesn't seem like we see Brass admitting to being wrong that often, so it was nice to see how much their friendship means to him.

I didn't even mind DB's weekly call to the wife - at least this time it was sort of case-related. :)

Henry being bothered by DB's yelling (and Morgan's little jump when he yells for Greg), but Greg's used to it by now - even commenting on the intercom. :lol:

The live-chat was interesting too. :)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  2. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

So that woman had sex with son #1, making son #2. Which makes son #1 the father and brother of son #2. Gross...

3. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

Did anyone notice that Greg got out of "Car 54?"

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah really.

LOL at Hodgins. I also laughed like crazy at the 'playing for yourself joke'.

I also liked the thing with Greg and Russell and Henry...that is Henry, right? I still confuse him with Bobby Dawson. He was afraid of Russel and Russell kept yelling.
    Greg: You know, we do have an intercom...

I knew neither Robbins did it...it's the Red Herring law. The first suspect in an ep will not be the killer about 99 percent of the time.

And yes, they are both adorable :)

And good job Doc for calling Jim out and good for Jim apologizing.

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Agreed with all the above. :)

I enjoyed this episode too. It was one where you weren't sure of who the killer really was and then when you found out it was rather interesting and yet gross at the same time.

I loved Henry pulling Greg into the lab too and Greg showing his DNA expertise has not left him. :)

I thought Catherine would be in a bit more, but I guess not. Oh well I know the next two she will be, since they are her final ones.

I thought Brass was a bit rough in the beginning but glad he apologized to Doc after.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Do you mean a car with that number on it, or the same style as the one from the tv show? Obviously, I didn't notice either way LOL.

Am I the only one who thought once they mentioned the presence of a cat and that the guy was smothered that it would turn out to be that the cat accidentally smothered him? I thought that for a brief second.

7. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

I throughly enjoyed this episode from start to finish and like others have touched on, I liked how Greg took charge and stayed objective while Brass and others let personal experiences cloud their judgement.
    And any episode that highlights Doc Robbins is always good in my book!

8. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

I guess the fact that Cath's exit is coming up I'm getting all mellow and not eager to comment on new episodes. I always do lol :/

I was more interested in last week's episode. I liked that we got to see a little bit of everyone, whereas this week we were missing what felt like half the cast.

Still a good episode. I loved the fact that it was centered around Doc and his personal life for once. He's such a loving husband. And what a nice house they got ;)

From what others said--Henry being afraid of DB :D, Brass accusing and focusing more on his past, thank goodness he apologized...

I thought this was Marg's 2nd to last epi so I was furious at her little screentime. But thanks to those comments above, I learned she still has two more :) I remembered the "Marg's countdown" from the beginning, but it didn't click haha.

I'm stoked for January, but I've already teared up at some of the pics with her last scenes :( I hate to sound negative, but I have a bad feeling for when she leaves. I hope the show can stay afloat.

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I really liked this episode.
    The case was interesting (although with a big ewwww factor at the end) and the personal stuff and character moments were all nicely done.
    I loved Donna calling Greg 'Hojem-Sanders' everytime. :)
    Hodges was enjoyable, as well as Henry.
    DB was just right, as was Morgan.
    The guest cast was really good, and some were downright scary. (Where did they get 'Eunice'? She was like some Stephen King character. LOL)
    Brass was annoyingly bitter and even cruel, but I guess someone had to be the cynic. He seems to play that part in most episodes these days. At least this time he did apologize in the end. I do hope we get to see his soft side again sometime.
    Not enough Catherine, and of course Sara and Nick were not there and not mentioned :shifty:, but Greg did a great job carrying the hour.
    Doc and his wife were sweet together. A great episode for him, and the actress playing his wife was great. Glad he got to kiss the girl at the end. :)

A nicely written and produced episode.
    A- from me (no Sara takes away something), but I did thoroughly enjoy this one.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

She reminded me a bit of the lady from "Throw Mama From The Train" & "The Goonies".

11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Now that you mention it, yes she did. :lol:

12. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

That was very interesting episode, I love how Greg staying its objective on his case to find who did killed the mr. trexler. I knew from beginning that mrs robbins was innocent after she called 911 and I want to smack in the back of Brass's head for not believing her. at end of the episode Im glad that he apologized to dr robbins but not his wife. in my opinion he should apologized to her as well. I liked the fact that she did to surprise her husband with family tree of his.

13. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I enjoyed the episode, although I did think Catherine would be in it more than she was, based on the little tidbit they tacked on to the promo.

I hope we get to see Judy again at some point in the future, it was nice getting to see parts of Doc's personal life.

The genealogy part was cool, I've been wanting to do that for a long time too. Glad Greg has such an "in" with Donna to find out his family history! Wish I had access to someone like her, but only if they didn't charge :lol:

Quite a few funny moments, and having Hodges singing his variation of Mrs. Robinson was pretty classic to us older folk :lol: With Nick gone, it was fitting that Greg took it upon himself to help Hodges keep a lid on it :p

I liked the Greg and Henry moments, and how Henry was still afraid of D.B. My favorite moment with them was when Henry tells Greg he'd give him anything if he'd deliver the report to D.B. and the next shot is Henry having to deal with D.B.; Greg obviously didn't need "anything" :guffaw:

I was a little surprised at how unlikable Brass was in the beginning, my son had a couple of unflattering terms that he called him, but I'm glad he apologized at the end to Doc, although an apology to Judy would have been nice too.

A good and entertaining episode, but now it's going to be hard to wait a whole month for the next new one. Good thing we have the Holidays to help keep us busy :D

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I really loved this episode. It was good to see focus on Doc Robbins since we don't see that too often.

I really hated Brass's attitude though (Hodges too)

I loved how Greg kept an open mind and did not jump to conclusions, instead he focused on the evidence first. I also loved how we learned a bit about his family history, that was a lot of fun and quite a treat for us Greg fans!

15. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I liked this episode. The mixture of regulars was unusual, but well done.

Brass is becoming such a misogynist (still judging the "new and improved" Heather Kessler, now assuming Doc's wife had "wronged him" no matter where the evidence was leading). Next time there's any cheating wife as victim, I'll have to include him on the initial suspect list! :lol:

So Chinatown, but with the genders reversed all around...:eek: