The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by luvspeed, Dec 2, 2011.

1. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

Ok, I haven't seen a thread for The Walking Dead so why don't we start one? I really love this show because it's not just about Zombies. It's about the survivors!

What do you guys think of the show and what did you think about the mid-season finale?

2. jontogoisabeast

jontogoisabeast Hit and Run

I love this show!!

I also loved the mid-season finale! IMO Shane just went crazy, and I was sad at the end, was not expecting that.

3. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I love this show! That is my favorite show. My favoirte are Daryl and Glenn. I like Rick. I don't like Shane or Lori.

I find that mid-season finale was sad. I was hoping that Sophia is alive, but I knew she wasn't.

4. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I'm a watcher as well and I'm a big fan of the first season!

So far I've HATED Season 2 though, I swear from episode 2 until the last ten minutes of the latest episode NOTHING happened except angst amongst the characters. I'm all up for character development but when you spend 7 episodes on a story arc which can be wrapped up in 2 it gets incredibly tedious! I think I even skipped episode 6 all together.

Hopefully the second half of the season will be remotely interesting, because I'm actually pretty close to giving up.

As for characters, my favourites are Daryl and Dale. I CANNOT STAND Rick, Shane, Lori and Andrea. Rick is such a 'Mary-Sue' type character and he gets on my nerves. Shane's an ass. All Lori and Andrea do is moan and complain all the time.

Oh and Glenn and T-Dog are really underused.

It's a great concept but it NEEDS to get back to the walkers, I understand there can't be constant walker encounters but so far there have been practically none this season.

5. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

I agree the first half of this season was slow but I enjoyed getting to know a little bit about the characters. I'll admit I got teary-eyed when Sophia walked out of the barn. Poor Sophia.

Daryl is my favorite character(obviously :luvlove:). I like how he's not Merle's double. He's trying to find his place in the group. I absolutely cannot stand Shane :brickwall:. Notice how he didn't have the guts to put Sophia down. I like Rick, but I hope he toughens up a little more. As for Andrea, I don't care if she's supposed to become the sharpshooter of the group I just want her to go away! I really hope she doesn't turn into Shane's minion.

And I agree Glenn and T-Dog are underused.

Do you guys have any predictions for the second half of the season?

6. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I have.
    Rick will go to the Dark side. There is a rumor that Carl will shoot Shane to save his father, don't mean is true and don't mean they copy the comic book. Shane is crazy. Dale tell Lori about Shane what he did to Otis and tried to kill Rick. There is also a rumor about Merle being a Governor. There is more

Daryl is my favorite and Merle too. Least, Daryl is nothing like Merle. I like Rick, Glenn.

7. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

I'm not sure that qualifies as a spoiler alert, but I did think about the possibility about Carl shooting Shane. As for Merle being the Governor that would be AWESOME!

[​IMG]

8. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

So the mid-season premiere! Any thoughts? This episode made me realize that Lori really doesn't have any faith in Rick's abilities to survive.

9. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I thought it was diabolically boring. It seemed that once again, absolutely nothing happened for an hour. And I'm tired of Rick always being "Mr Morally Right."

10. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Lori never treat Rick good. Shane better pray that Otis don't show up there at the farm or town. I like the episode and I was hoping Sophia wasn't killed by zombies.

11. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

So so. I kind of wish they'd get off the farm already. We need some action. Also, I've been trying to like Lori, but it just isn't happening, and this episode certainly didn't help. :p

12. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

Gosh I never liked Lori. How dumb of her to go off into the zombie apocalypse alone with only a six-shooter to protect herself. Honestly!:guffaw:

and who was that girl that collapsed? I forget her name. Anyways, how many of you think she'll turn into a Walker? Remember the super high fever is one of the symptoms.

13. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Her name is Maggie. She is the daughter of the dead mother that was in the barn. She is in shocked because she saw her mother dead. I hope she is not turn into Zombies, but who know.

14. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

Isn't Maggie Glenn's girlfriend? I think the name is Beth. Anyways, I hope she doesn't turn Walker either. That would suck if that virus or whatever mutated and is now airbourne...:eek:

15. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

That is right, you're right. Wrong name. Beth, I got to remember that name. I hope she don't turn into zombies. I think she is in shocked because of her mother dead. I hope Hershel save her.