Grade 'Crushed'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Nov 11, 2011.

?

How would you grade Crushed?

1. A+

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. A

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. A-

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'm guessing they called in CSI to determine if the scene was really a crime scene or the scene of an accident? During the show before they found out Libby was murdered prior to the deck falling, Jo (I think it was Jo but I'm not sure) said something about the people who brought the table out on the deck being charged with manslaughter.

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I would think it'd be a crime scene no matter what. They would have to figure out what happened.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree. They'd have to make sure no one purposely sabotaged the porch or something.

4. Zipster

Zipster Witness

I enjoyed this episode, but didn't feel it was one of the best for the season. I like Mac more relaxed and I agree with a lot of people that Jo's outburst did seem out of character, but then, it adds a level of realism to the character that she CAN be out of character at times. This is human nature, our lives aren't scripted, so let them be out of character!

Now I have to add something to the Lindsey debate here. First of all she makes mistakes, and even the best of us can't be expected to say the right thing all the time. I actually thought Anna did a good job of trying to put herself into her character's shoes. Her facial expressions were spot on; she gave a good approximation of realising that what she said and what she meant were two different things. Again I ask you, who hasn't put their proverbial foot in their mouth occasionally?

I’ve read and digested a lot of the comments regarding Anna’s performance over the years ( I hope she hasn’t read half of them!!) and I agree with a lot of people that she isn’t as dynamic as other cast members at times, but this last few seasons I personally feel she has come a long way. I understand that I have to suspend my disbelief when I watch these shows. I also understand that if you can’t, you’re unable to identify with the character, or that actor fails to bring to life the character for you, then it spoils the illusion. I wonder though, if we as fans don’t put too high an expectation on an actor. I know at times I do.

I digress though. In this case I felt Anna got it about right. My main concern here, like a lot of people’s is this. Do I want my crime periodical to become nothing more than a soap opera, in the same way others have gone in the past? No… CSI:NY is the only one in the franchise that began to slide that way and thankfully this last few seasons seemed to have reversed that trend.

B for me, good episode not the best. I liked the use of all the characters and I thought the party scene was especially well filmed and directed. :thumbsup:

5. lkles08

lkles08 Dead on Arrival

I thought the episode was good but did anyone else notice that Mac was sitting the whole episode?

6. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah. This might be the summer when he was doing the Lt. Dan Band shows.

7. dreamalee

dreamalee Civilian

The reason Gary was seated through this episode is due to an injury he suffered while filming "Get Me Out of Here". He talked about his injury during an appearance of the Lt. Dan Band. He had to explain why he was sitting down throughout the concert. He ripped a muscle in his leg while filming the fight scene in the cemetary. He said that he was supposed to slam the "bad guy" into the side of a truck, took two steps and hurt himself.

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Ouch. That stinks.

9. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Ouch. Poor baby.. I know he's not a baby but I wish I was there to make him feel better.

10. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Yeah I know. I didn't know that he had injured himself. One of those things age does to a person :lol: (just poking a little fun :) )

11. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

hey now!! haha