"Crime After Crime" Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Nov 12, 2011.

1. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

Obviously everything Brass does is scrutinized and judged much quicker now because of what happened in Dark, Dark House, but Brass defending cops or waiting before calling for a bus for the victim has all been done before. "Who Are You" and "All for our Country", he argued with Grissom, Warrick and Sara. In "Ellie" Warrick had to yell at him to call rescue. That is actually in character for him.

I liked the tension between Brass and DB but I also liked how DB lightened up on him at the end. His "we'll never have a summerhouse together" line was great.

I also liked Nick telling DB to back off the victim and let the rescue guys handle it. Nick didn't look too pleased and DB got the message.

And I never thought it was Brass or Sqweegel but Dexter Morgan did come to mind.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I never thought Brass was involved, but I did think he knew who might be and was covering for them like he did for Ray.

LOL.

Oh, he did have some of the same mannerisms. I didn't notice that at first, but now that you mentioned it, yeah he did.

Yeah, but I don't know if Brass would actually help kill the guy. He may help cover it up afterward... but, I don't think he'd actually do it himself. I really don't think Brass would go *that* far.

He looked almost annoyed at having to call a medic for the wife killer.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

ROFL at the Dexter comment. I don't watch that show, but I'd love a crossover with Miami.

I just hope Brass doesn't turn out to have a dark passenger. Seems like he already does. (I know the term even though I haven't seen the show...bookflap reading at the library now and then)

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

SHOCKER!!! I didn't see that ending coming! Nice surprise! I like Brass' dark side. I wouldn't blame him for acting and feeling like that towards criminals. And I agree, Vega didn't have to be dirty. Why being a vigilante killer wasn't enough?

5. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Have to admit if I was Brass, I wouldn't have been in a rush to call for help for a murderer either. In the same breath,it seems to me that more and more,having to deal with killers and other evil people everyday is starting to get to him,especially when they walk.

6. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Vega! OMG!! That's almost all I can say right now:wtf: :eek:

Too many people to quote right now, but I agree with so many of you!
    I actually yelled "No" at the TV too, and my jaw literally dropped open and didn't shut for a few moments.

My hubby and son watched the previews with me and I made the comment to them about how they seem to want us to think that Brass gets shot, and I was sure that it wouldn't be him. I also told them that I didn't believe it would be a true shocker, and that I couldn't be shocked any more. I was SO wrong! Even knowing that Vega would be in the ep, when they ran his credit, I said Yay! Vega's back, to my son, and he was cool with it too.

I'd much rather it have been Cavalier too (poor guy :lol:), just so it wasn't Vega. No wonder the look on Nick's face was so emotional, they'd always worked so well together. :( I'm just glad they didn't make it where Nick or Brass had to be the ones to kill Vega. Neither even had their gun out, I don't believe. Didn't hear the comment Vega made to Brass either, my open mouth was catching flies, I really need to watch it again a 2nd time!

I wasn't sure I was liking Jimbo much during parts of the episode :p

For the rest;
    Loved Nick's Super Dave comment and the whole Greg/Morgan date moment with D.B. :lol:

I never thought of Squeegel, but for some reason I thought that the picture of the detective that was dying looked like the derelict father of the first dead guy, and that they might be the same guy. Something about the eyes, but I was wrong.

Happy as always to see Vartann, at least the scene with Catherine was better than the last one!

I'll probably have more thoughts later, I'm still a bit in shock :eek: :lol:

7. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

What the f*#@!! :scream:

Vega? VEGA?!?!

Seriously?! I'm sorry, but no. This came completely out of left field and left a really bad taste in my mouth. How can I watch episodes like "Snakes" again knowing Vega was a dirty. :mad:

As for Brass, I'm still clinging to hope with this one. I can understand the frustration of a cop being forced to watch criminals go free on technicalities and whatnot. I just don't like how much darker he's become. The curse of Langston continues...

Thank God for the CSIs though. All of them are still light-hearted and awesome. Loved them all this episode. Especially Morgan. She's rapidly becoming a fav character. :)

And I want to say that I'm really enjoying the new sheriff. I like her.

8. Meta

Meta Hit and Run

I was shocked by the ending. There was nothing throughout the course of the episode to suggest that Vega was involved with killings in anyway. That whole part caught me off guard, the promo wasn't kidding when it said the ending was going to be a shocker cause it certainly was.

9. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Why, why, why did they have to do that to Vega!! I liked Vega - he was one of my favorite detectives. I got so excited when he appeared on screen and when he asked Nick how his Spanish was. And I gasped at the end when I saw he was the killer. I wanted to cry right along with Nick when he was prounced dead.

10. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

I don't think they're implying that Vega was dirty the way McKeen was. I got the impression that Vega was more like Dirty Harry -- not overly concerned with the niceties of law. I admit thinking that when the final victim was pinpointed, I did wonder just where Brass was at that moment. In all events, this episode proves that everyone in the department either knows or strongly suspects that Brass covered for Ray. That's the only way to explain why Vega was sure that Brass would join him if it were just Brass, Vega and the victim.

11. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I did too..he was always one of my favorites and like Stetler,it's going to be hard watching episodes with him in it now.
    I fully understand why he did what he did...but at the end of the day,this wasn't an abused kid or wife who saw no way out. This was a vigilante with a badge.
    He's no Mckeen but his actions were still wrong, as understandable as they might be.

12. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Wow....... the promo really wasn't exaggerating. and I agree, there wasn't a lot of build up or anything particularly suspicious going on with Vega that I noticed which made it all the more shocking :eek:.....

I'm not sure I would call it a nice surprise though; I'm sorry, but why Vega WHY :scream:? It feels like they're doing something dark with all the cops that always seemed/always were likeable: first Brass covers up for Langston, and now Vega's a murderer???? I really hope they don't make Vartann a dirty cop too, I like him. If they keep doing this with more cops, they might as well make the whole department corrupt :mad:.....it will probably never come to that though, it's bad enough that they've done it to two officers we've really grown to like. I'm starting to worry about where they might be going with Brass' character, I can understand how hard it is to accept that not one but two of his old colleagues have now turned dirty, and I also understand why he feels the way he does towards the two suspects after what they did, but the way he was so reluctant to save the guy after Vega was trying to drown him or the way he was telling D.B. earlier how that woman (Crocker or something) got what she deserved, really bothered me; he already went too far in "A Dark Dark House", and I hope I don't have to see him cross the line like that again :shifty:. In the earlier seasons I liked it when he got a little antagonistic with suspects, it made him look badass and kinda funny, now it just worries me, and part of me is starting to think that he's never going to regret what he did for Langston :(. Maybe I'm just overreacting, I don't know.

That scene was just too cute when D.B. told Greg to go join Morgan, and then that look on Greg's face :adore:. "It's a scene not a date you wacky kid" :lol::lol:!!!

Morgan had some good moments, I liked the whole "bloody mary theory" :lol:, "Is this a scene or a 7th grade sleepover" (or something like that) :lol:, although I wish she had more screen time in the episode; same with Sara, she didn't seem to be in it as much as the others :(.

The episode was good, but I really have mixed feelings about what happened at the end :(.

13. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

This morning I was thinking about it from the actors standpoint.

You haven't been on CSI for what, like 3 seasons? I think I read that Hog Heaven was Vega's last? And TPTB ask you back, and you're like "Yeah! I'll come back" and then you find out you're coming back just to be killed off. :p :lol:

I had been hoping this was a sign they were going to have Geoffrey Rivas on the show as a semi regular again. Guess we should have known something was hinky about having him back after so long :(

I loved Snakes, but not for the actual type of content that it was about. I just liked it for it being such a good episode between Nick and Vega, but now it will be bittersweet, that's for sure!

I do like how D.B. approached Brass at the end to try and smooth things out. I remember thinking that D.B. was technically Ecklie's hire, so Brass really has nothing to say about how D.B. conduct's his cases, but I don't really want to see them as constant protagonists. (is that the right context? I'm not sure I'm totally cognizant yet this morning since I was up so late last night).

The scene between Morgan, Hodges and Henry definitely reminded me of the triangle with them and Wendy. I think it might be Henry that has a tad bit of a crush on Morgan, so if they continue with that early spoiler of a triangle, maybe it's a Morgan/Greg/Henry one? I like how Henry has evolved though, to head of DNA and he's way more confidant and mature!!

14. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Doesn't that kinda seem like a slap in the face for the actor? Especially if he was gone for that long? As much I liked the episode "Snakes" I don't think I'll be able to look at Vega the same way again! Poor Nick, he really had good moments with him in that particular episode, and it was sad to see him get slightly emotional over Vega's death :(.

I guess there's only one unanswered question regarding that: Who is Morgan interested in? Because so far, it seems like she's just playful and friendly with all the guys (Nick, Greg, Hodges, Henry). Probably we won't find out until the end of the season or later, or maybe it will stay that way, I don't know.

15. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I'm not gonna lie, I seriously LOVED this episode.

For the first time in what's felt like ages I did not expect that ending at all. It sucks that they had to taint Vega's character because I actually liked him but I do think it was a good twist, I too would have preferred Cavalier. To be honest, I won't be looking back on his past episodes and seeing him as a 'dirty cop', I don't think he was dirty back then anyway so it doesn't affect me as much. It was a sad ending however but it was genuinely great to have a shock on the show again.

Now, on to Brass. At the end of the episode I saw him possibly regretting his decision in "In a Dark, Dark House". Having seen his old colleague lost in that way maybe made him reconsider his own decisions. I saw his attitude towards the mother's death as continuation from IADDH and the ending was him mulling on that attitude. Beaujolais is right about Brass standing up to cops in the past so I don't see his defence of his detectives as anything out of his character either.

Oh and Henry has really grown, his confidence hit me straight away and he seemed so much relaxed.

Loved the character moments and there were some great lines tonight:

"It's a crime scene not a date you wacky child!"

"Are you whining? That's not very Super Dave of you"

"Are we at a crime scene or a seventh grade sleepover?"

:lol:

Loved the scene with the entire team around the table going through the case as well.

I think overall this is my favourite of the season so far, I know most people weren't happy with the ending but I thought it was a great shock! The episode gets an A from me. :)