"Crime After Crime" Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

What. The. Hell???

TPTB have lost their minds. I love(d) Vega!!!!! :mad: :( Brass already had dirty hands. If they were trying to make us think he had something to do with it and then pull the ol' switcheroo....well, dang it it should have been Brass! :mad:

Well, they got me. I didn't see that coming and I actually yelled out "NO!" when I saw him. :(

Crap.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I feared this wouldn't sit well, though I'm not as attached to Vega as the other characters. I agree though, what is it with Brass lately? I definitely thought back to the whole Ray thing.

Love Greg and that look on his face when DB told him to go meet Morgan. "It's a scene, not a date, you wacky kid" hahahaha. *singsing* Greg has a cru-ush!*

Also Hodges and his 'outer shell' thing. *snort*

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I wonder that too. Brass was acting strange.

I did too. When he was saying that woman got what she deserved, I actually said, "Brass, that's exactly the kind of thinking that almost put Ray in jail".

Yeah, Hodges is something else. His expression when Morgan said "I've got a date with Henry" was so telling. It was like he was thinking about the whole Henry/Wendy thing. You could tell he still misses Wendy a lot.

After Vartann, Vega was my favorite recurring cop. I can't help but wish it had been that other once recurring cop (whom we haven't seen in a long time) instead of Vega. Chris something? Can't remember his last name. He's the one who was arguing with Nick that one time about the boy who killed his brother for telling people that he peed the bed. What is that cop's name? Gah... that's driving me nuts. Or better yet they could have brought back Formansky and had him be the dirty cop like Grissom always thought he was LOL. I liked that Chris guy a little bit, but I didn't like Formansky at all (I think that was his name lol).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  4. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Wow the promo wasn't lying this time :eek:

Though in some ways I can't say I'm surprised they did that to Vega, this is the first time we've seen him since Hog Heavan, 3 seasons ago! :eek:

Seriously what's up with turing all the detectives to the dark side lately, first McKeen, then Brass, now Vega, Vartann had better NOT be next!!

Good idea Brass, just take the day off and drive on that day

So are they gonna continue with what Brass did in In a Dark Dark House after all?

Some tenstion between Brass and DB I see

Lots of Greg!! :D "It's a scene not a date" :lol:

David whining :lol:

Wished there had been a little more Morgan and Sara

Hodges likes Morgan? Their first scene together finally

5. Smokey

He was acting like a man who's already helped a co-worker cover up a murder and like a guy who isn't beyond doing it again. At least that's what I thought, and I'm glad DB didn't let it go.

6. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Wow, didn't see that coming, love Vega, can't believe they made him a dirty cop.

I'm glad DB kept on at Brass, certainly Brass has been hovering near the dark side for a while now.

DB exasperation at Greg when he was sent to join Morgan at the crime scene was perfectly played. It's light hearted moments like that that CSI had been missing in Seasons 9-11.

Hodges on top form as usual!

Some more background for Vartann - guess he used to be an Alcoholic or was at least headed that way before he stopped drinking.

I loved how Catherine could get Vartann to tell-all with just a look, definitely whipped.

My favourite episode of the season so far, always enjoy Richard's episodes as his background means he writes Cops and CSI's so well -RIP Vega.

7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I thought that too, on how Brass was acting.

Still shocked they did that to Vega...he was always a Detective I liked. I never saw that coming. They genuinely surprised us this time I think. WOW!

Overall the episode was really good even though the end was shocking and made me sad some.

I loved DB telling Greg it was a scene, not a date, you wacky kid. :lol: Reminded me of back in the day when Greg was flirting with the other lab tech.

I love how this season is really showing a more ensemble cast again, every gets their time to work a scene and stuff.

8. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

GregNickRyanfan, his name is Cavelier and he is the one argue with Nick. I'm surprise he is not here. I saw him a guest star A Gifted Man last Friday night.

I just it at the end. Vega!!!! I was hoping that wasn't him 'till I got on this site and saw his name. Darn it. I like Vega. He was looking for somebody who killed his wife or something.

9. GregNickRyanFan

I don't think he likes her like *that*. I think he's just trying to be cute. It's like how Greg used to flirt with everyone when he was a lab tech. I really think Hodges isn't fully over Wendy yet, so I don't think he's ready to like anyone else that way yet.

Yeah, it did seem like he would do it again... and that seriously bugged the piss out of me. What have they done with our lovable Brass? I barely recognize him anymore. :(

And yeah, I agree about DB not letting it go.

But OMG, Nick yelling out "Vega!" and then fighting back tears when Vega was pronounced dead. Poor Nicky. Why couldn't Cath or Sara have been there to give him a hug?

I knew it started with a C, but couldn't remember what it was. Thanks for refreshing my memory. I don't think he's been on since that episode where the little boy killed his mom for killing his uncle. That's the last time I remember seeing him.

But Vega being dirty... I haven't been that shocked by a CSI episode since Warrick was shot by McKeen. And before that, it was back when they killed off another cop I liked. Remember Lockwood?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  10. Smokey

I know. And you're right....why couldn't it have been Cavelier? At least he's got a history of being a dick. More believable. Of course the surprise element is what they were going for and it worked.

I know. :( I liked how he asked (not told) DB to lay off the other guy and let the EMTs handle it.

11. GregNickRyanFan

I don't know why they had to have him commit suicide by cop though. I guess cause he knew if he was in jail the inmates might kill him anyway, so he wanted to go out on his terms. Being a cop, he knew exactly what would happen if he pointed his gun at them.

But, why couldn't they just leave it at him being someone who wanted to get rid of people who killed people and didn't get punished for it? Why did they have to go and make him real dirty by killing an informant and all of that?

Before the cop who was in the hospice was discovered, did anyone else wonder just for a split second if Sqweegel was involved with the killings?

12. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

The first half of the episode, I almost wasn't paying attention - more cases, more connections, blah blah.. Then Brass getting all stupid vigilante again. I thought it would be him, when they first mentioned a cop was involved, with the evidence being taken out. Right after him telling DB the woman's murder was 'justice.' :rolleyes:

I was getting a bit annoyed with DB's family being shoved in our faces every week so far, but tonight he made up for it. I'm so glad he kept on at Brass and didn't just accept Brass condoning vigilante justice.

So shocked and sad at what happened to Vega. :( Like others, I really liked him - favourite recurring after Vartann. It should've been Cavaliere! (poor guy, we all want to sacrifice him like this :lol:).

13. Smokey

Exactly! It makes everything from his previous episodes seem wrong now. :(

Oh yes...I thought that! :lol: Same MO. And the detective that was dying in hospice....I thought he even had some of the mannerisms of Sqweegel.

Just rewatched the ending. Vega tells Brass, "If it was just the two of us out here, you'd be in here helping me." Interesting. And then Brass called in the officer down but waited until DB gave him the eye before calling for medics for the killer who almost drowned. Hmmm.

And for those keeping count ;) no mention of DB's wife or family, but at the end when Nick asked if he was ready to go and he pulled out his cell phone, I was sure he was calling his wife! :guffaw:

14. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Wow..just wow. An amazing episode from start to finish. I will say with Vega..he was one of my favorites but the actor HAS played a corrupt cop before on Cold Case so it wasn't a massive shock to me to see him playing another one again.
    As for Brass...the road to hell is paved with good intentions and he seems to heading down a road I really hope the writers don't take him on.

15. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Next to being a child abuser,being a former cop is the worst thing to be in prison. You have the choice of being in danger 24/7 in general pop or being locked up in protective custody 23 hours a day. Sure Vega was thinking of that when he pointed the gun at them.