I Have An "LV" Episode/Character Question *NO Spoilers* P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 2, 2009.

1. aaronfalin

aaronfalin Dead on Arrival

Thanks ! I just watched that one the other day (I am watching them all again in order over the last week and will continue until I see them all again) and I knew there was another, but couldnt remember which one :(

2. aaronfalin

Thanks :) I knew there was another one earlier than season 3, but couldnt remember which.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  3. aaronfalin

in the spirit of my spreadsheet project, I was re-watching ep 319 - A Night At The Movies... and part of the episode they discuss the plot of the movie "Strangers On A Train". That struck my memory a bit and realized that D.B.Russell referenced the same movie 8.5 seasons later in episode 1202 - Tell Tale Heart.

Just wondering... did the writers forget they already used this particular plot before season 12, or was it an intentional re-reference, or are they just running out of ideas and recycling plot lines with small twists in order to not be obvious?

Any opinions? Better yet, does anyone remember any other instances of this kind of thing?

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I don't have time to look it up now, but maybe someone else can fill in the details or I can later, but there were two cases where a severed head was found and the same line uttered. I think it was A La Carte that had a lot of references to episodes past...someone correct me if I'm wrong on that one.

5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

"Ichabod was horror-struck, on perceiving that he was headless." - I believe was used by Grissom in both A La Cart (season 8) and Evaluation Day (season 1). I don't know if it's been used in any of their multiple other episodes with a severed head though. :)

Susan

6. aaronfalin

speaking of recycling, lol... the actor Dean Norris was Gloria's new husband (Phil Baker) towards the end of season 11 before Nate Haskell killed him and kidnapped Gloria. I am watching all the old episodes again, and I recognized him. He also played one of jurors (Bob Durham) in season 4 ep 11. I love finding this stuff !

Episode 418 and 1105 both deal in hoarding.

I love finding this stuff !

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  7. aaronfalin

can anyone remember what episode was the first time anyone called SuperDave by that name? I read somewhere that Nick gave him the nickname after saving someone's life during autopsy, but was the nickname first used then or later? Also, can anyone remember which episode he did the saving? I remember an episode that he started cutting a victim open (his first autopsy I think??) and the guy woke up but then he later died in the same episode. I don't recall the episode number. Is that the same episode he earned the nickname or was it another instance?
    -----
    found it i think... Season 3 Ep 12 - Got Murder?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  8. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Quick question, does anyone know what's the difference between a teleplay and a story? Some of the episodes in CSI have both a teleplay and story listed instead of writers which is confusing. Do the teleplay writers handle the actual script while the story writers handle the plot of the episode?:confused: As you can see, I'm totally confuzzed so any feedback would be much appreciated.:)

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

It varies. But a teleplay is usually the written script and the 'story by' is usually the person who conceived the plot. :)

10. aaronfalin

I have another question for the experts who seem to have all this stuff memorized, lol...

I am trying to notate in my spreadsheet the episodes that Hodges has helped out in the field, even for a few minutes.

He found the shell casing in "Big Shots"...
    He was with Wendy in "Field Mice"...
    He helped Ray in "Lovers Lane"...
    He was with Catherine and got a splinter at a body dump in one episode but I cant remember which one.
    I am sure he has been in the field a couple other times but I'm drawing a blank on Google or here.

While I am at it, I know he leant his ability to smell syanide at least twice, but I cant for the life of me remember which episodes. Once while Grissom was disecting a rat, and other time early in his career he tried but didnt detect any (they were in the morgue).

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

"Leave Out All The Rest," "Appendicitement," "Bump and Grind," "Man Up," and "Tell Tale Hearts" all come to mind.

12. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Pretty sure the splinter was Leave Out All The Rest.

The cyanide thing came up in Theory of Everything (he was out in the field then too, sniffing under the bed of the elderly couple). It was a ground squirrel, btw, not a rat. :) I think the first mention of it (in the morgue) was in Iced, sniffing the stomach contents of the two college kids (he didn't find anything; Sara wanted lab tests to verify).

In Say Uncle, he found the garbage bag and bloodstained shirt from the kid ("You can work hard, or you can work smart. Can I go now?" :lol:).

13. aaronfalin

Once again I am very impressed. That was amazingly quick yet again. How do you all remember all of this stuff?!?!

How can I have forgotten "Theory of Everything"? That is my favorite episode - aside from all the Lady Heather appearances... :) Also cant believe I hurriedly misspelled cyanide. :embarrassed:

14. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I believe he was out with Nick in "Hitting For the Cycle" and with Ray in "Cold Blooded"

15. aaronfalin

Indeed, I had marked those but forgot to list them. But thank you :thumbsup: