Grade 'Get Me Out Of Here!'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Oct 28, 2011.

?

How would you grade Get Me Out Of Here?

1. A+

12 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. A

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. A-

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. B+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

This is my new favorite episode of the season! Recently, I felt my excitement for this show has fallen. But this episode brought reminded me the reasons why I was hooked in this show. I enjoyed everything - the case, the character interactions and moments.

When Jo invited Mac to come with her and said something about "scientific method/purpose(?)" like what Sid said to Mac about his pillow, I thought she facilitated a sleeping session with other CSIs using Hammerback pillows! :lol: I'm glad it turned out to be a movie date! :D

A+

I thought Mac was sarcastic. But looked like he used it. My sarcasm radar was low so not sure. I think he really used it.

I didn't like that Jo has to leave the room in the end. But it's okay.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  2. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I don't think that Mac would have lied to Sid about the pillow. If he'd tried it and it hadn't worked, I think he would have told Sid as much, or if he hadn't had a chance to try it, he would have said so.

The episode wasn't bad, it's just a shame they couldn't have fleshed out the plot a bit more so as to avoid the excessive amounts of filler. Even with the extended lab montages, the lengthy D/L talking about death scene, Sid and his pillow, the movie watching at the end, even with all those 'fillers', the ep was still just over 40 mins long. This is one ep that could have done with a second case.

And of course the ep could have been even shorter if they'd had a bit of common sense i.e. once they'd realized they had a key to a Warren family crypt, why didn't they just check records to see where the Warren family crypt had been located.

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I also don't think Mac was lying to Sid. I really believe he used the people and enjoyed it.

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I really, really liked this one. It had fun moments, interesting case that was easy to follow, and a great ending scene.

Sid, Mac, and the pillow was gold. I just loved that bit.

Mac and Jo = pure awesomeness. That last scene with her convincing him to stay and then him telling her that she never disappoints was adorable. I love those two :). Gave this one an A.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I thought this was the best episode of the season so far. The D/L death chat thing was kind of funny, but it was a little too long. I did like when they asked Adam's opinion and he didn't like either option and started talking about his option. I wish he'd been able to finish his comment though LOL.

Sid and the pillow. "Sleep like a corpse" - yeah, not a great marketing slogan lol.

The end scene with the whole team watching "Jason Takes Manhattan" was nice.

The case was interesting. I thought one of the frat brothers (not the three they were searching for) would have been the killer. Never suspected the funeral home owner.

6. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

A-. Loved the plot. I was a Greek in college and while no one was locked in a crypt, I could see some frat doing a variation of the whole "six pack challenge." I suspected the cemetary manager only because of the character actor they had playing him. If it had been some unknown, I wouldn't have guessed.

My husband and I have had conversations like D/L. Very believable. I actually enjoyed that interlude and I don't care for Lindsay at all. Very logical given they were in a graveyard.

The movie at the end? Loved it. The case involved everyone doing their jobs, no huge personal drama and no grandstanding.

Flack, as usual, looking good! :)

Tobin

7. LoveSela

LoveSela Dead on Arrival

I loved it! It was soooo good! <3

8. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Sooooo. What do I remember of this one now. :p.

I thought it was one of NY's better eps of the season, and it sorta feels it's about time we got one that didn't somehow disappoint.

The case was alright. About average as far as NY goes. Covered wide ground, was fun, and a decent ep for a Halloween nod.

I thought it was fun for Adam to be used in ways he's typically not. Humor, yes, of course. But that he visited the frathouse with Danny was something different for him. Not processing something at a scene, but participating in questioning, etc. Feasible or not, it made sense within the context of the story and within the realm NY operates within with a certain impunity :p. It was great to see Adam being in his element, out of his usual element of the labs. He's often the odd man out, or at least outside the box, something he shares with Sid, but here it was Danny who was being guided by Adam, and it was fun. It also gave Danny some fun moments to respond to and comment on. A welcome change for him too.

Sid was magic in the ep. His quirky ever-so-Sid-esque project and his scenes with Mac were fantastic, and as with AJ, it was great to see Bob Joy being given more to do. Was also another fun way to have Mac faced with something a little outside the norm, even for him :lol:.

DL. The invevitable DL. I cannot deny I winced as soon as the scene commenced in the graveyard, but that turned again into a larger ...impatience, I suppose I could call it. I'm not a DL fan, and so I just don't find them terribly engaging. And in a rarity, for me the issue here wasn't with performance (I thought AB was OK here). IMO, the scene very quickly felt clunky. It felt very, very awkward as a mechanism for case exposition, it felt awkward and unfortunate in relying on Cuteness to carry it forward, especially with DL and related banter, and while I thought the interaction between the couple was pretty believable, the whole sequence did run on for far too long. I was again irked at having to sit thru the whole combo of the above just to get to the rest of the story.

Further, when DL went at it again in the labs, complete to dragging Adam into matters, well, it wasn't cute, and it wasn't amusing by a long shot anymore. DL: a 'lil dab'll do ya. Plz to not overindulge, NY. Was all meant to be cyclical, the scenes, yada. Worked far better with Sid than DL, I must say.

I would have liked to have seen more of Jo in this one, but given she'll be featured in an upcoming arc I expect the weight of material was perhaps deliberately less in this one, who knows. I suppose I possibly felt that because her son is newly in college she might have more to say about things. It did feel like a team ep, but she just seemed present a bit less. She did have a strong ending in the ep, which was a great deal of fun.

I forget the name of the actor who played the character running the cemetary, but his face is so familiar on what seems a variety of procedurals playing a bad guy :lol:.

Another mallet was the melodramatic tone underlying Mac and Sheldon's scene about the crypt key, essentially saying, "keep on it, right now there's a young man buried alive and it's up to science to save him." Paraphrasing, of course, :lol:, but that was the gist. It was just a tad laden, and part of me couldn't help but think some suit somewhere was punching a fist in vindication, a la "show mandate emphasized again, ratcheted right up to life and death stakes, with science as the tipping point."

The ending was fun, a group get together reminiscent of pizza in Mac's office or dinner/bar toast, etc. That said, I suppose either none of them had plans for Halloween or they were all simply right then just off the clock. The disassembling of verisimilitude of beheading was a hoot, and also somehow rather meta, and I have to think everyone involved in concocting & playing that had a good time with it.

Danny was a bit livelier in this one, which was good. He and Adam had a fun chemistry, and it was nice to see that match up in ep partnerings. Flack, Mac, & Jo are always fun. Sheldon was more prominent in this one, and it was nice to see him matched up with Jo for a bit. Mac & Jo at the end was also a nice way to have her personality poking at his, SW & GS are just Good, and having Sid return, and Mac having tried out the prototype another way to poke at Mac again - and in this one, Mac didn't seem to mind much in being poked. Far more enjoyable than darkened graveyard fisticuffs, which I was also happy to see wasn't just Mac easily able to subdue the dude on his own. Flack & Mac are also a fun pairing onscreen.

It was a very good-looking and sounding ep, and few things stood out for the wrong reasons. Line of the ep was certainly "Sleep Like A Corpse." A close second was Flack's sentence handed down for Ridiculous :lol:. Decent balance between the humorous, the ponderous, and action. Aside from DL, IMO, a decent distribution of material among the roster. The guest stars were all pretty good, and again, no one stuck out for the wrong reasons.

The overall tone and balance of the ep, the intermix of quirkiness, a certain dark humor, crime, death, murder, bulldozers, crypt keys, group interaction, yada, was reminiscent of earlier seasons, in a very good way.

Call this one in the "B" realm. A fun one, even if not a dense or pithy one; an hour I don't begrudge at all.

(I've scored none higher than a B+ this season, and I'm hoping we'll yet get a couple that raises their game even higher).

Looking forward to seeing what Jo's arc brings.

9. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Danny and Adam visiting the frat house and Adam revealing why he had been 'dinged' was awesome. He drew the line at naked leap frog, of course... lol. Those drunk kids and all that beer and the expressions from Danny and Adam were great.

Mac and Sid and the 'Hammerback Pillow' had me laughing my butt off. I wish I had gotten a scene with Mac trying the pillow, but my imagination did the job. Mac and Don in the cemetery were good! I would have liked a more detailed fight scene for Mac and his bad guy.

I really liked the end scene. I loved seeing Jo get Mac to do something he normally would not have done. The team breaking down the beheading in the horror movie was fantastic. From each of them finding problems with it based on what exactly they do was wonderful.

I really loved this episode. I gave it an A. The only reason it did not get an A+ was because there was not enough Mac.

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i seem to be watching out of order - i knew it was the wrong one to watch and i've not watched ep 5 yet (oops) - but right from the off i just want to say i really really don't buy the idea of adam at a frat house.

ok, watched it now. i still don't buy adam as a fratboy. but otherwise (and i will give you all a moment to gasp in shock) i quite enjoyed that ep. maybe it was because i took a bit of time away from csiny as i've been feeling horribly jaded with it and this was a good ep to come back to, who knows, but i did like it.

bits i liked were:

the bass-heavy repetitive beat background music, something about it really suited the ep well

the use of codes and stuff

all the crew watching that horror film at the end, a nice touch and not as cheesy as other group ending scenes have been

it was nice to see a halloween based ep which was about saving a life rather than conversing with the dead, even tho that's their normal job

loved mac and sid's "pillow talk" (that sounds so wrong!)

and i even quite liked danny and lindsay's debate about funerals! adam made it tho, with the line about sending his corpse to space :)

so i'm giving it a B which i think is the best grade i've given all season. given that i really can't stand halloween as a rule, they did well to make an ep i enjoyed!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  11. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I enjoy the codes too. I am fascinated with codes and how people figure out how to make codes.

All of the "pillow talk" was great!