10x06 - 'By the Book' - ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Oct 28, 2011.

1. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

^^ I bet he was glad to have a "lighter" case than Memmo.

I liked it. Not as much as 10.05, but still a good one. My favorite part was when Frank got hooked on "Love's Last Bite". True, I also would have liked to see the episode end with H, but that was a cute conclusion.

Overall, a good creepy Halloween episode. :devil:

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That was my second favorite part. My very favorite part of the episode was Horatio shooting the tree branch to get the suspect down. That just cracked me up.

3. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Yeah, that was good. Nice to see H not go for the kill shot for once.

4. GregNickRyanFan

Well, there wouldn't be any reason for a kill shot this time seeing as to how the only weapon the suspect had was those teeth... which apparently didn't hurt Cal that much LOL. But when H aimed the gun at the guy, I thought he was gonna shoot him in the leg. I never even thought about him shooting the branch to make the guy fall LOL.

5. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I liked this episode a lot more than the last two. The story was pretty good, good guest stars, and many funny lines and scenes.

Random Thoughts:

Calleigh: "I hate Halloween" LOL:lol:

I loved watching Calleigh haul booty after the vampire wannabe. You go girl!!:thumbsup:

I think even Eric looked spooked.

Did anyone besides me have flashbacks to when Ryan's hands went numb when Tom's hands were all "tingly (sp)"?

Ryan and Walter--TV's Laurel and Hardy. Gosh, OM and JT play off each other so well.

--"Who are you"

--"I'm the Gardener"

--W and R (together): "You're coming with us" LOL:lol:

Kinda wanted H to test the vampire-wannabe's immorality, and he kind of did shooting the branch from underneath the guy. Way to corrall him without killing him H!!:thumbsup:

Loved seeing both Orlando Jones and Diane Farr

Yes!! Travers.

Glad to see Natalia back.

Laughed out loud seeing our no nonsense, level headed Frank ingrossed in that fluff novel at the end.

A pretty good time!!

6. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Decent episode - the team did feel much more like a "team" in this one - everyone workin with everyone else (H & Cal chasin' down a suspect - AND H asked if Cal was OK :eek: I know I said this before, but I don't think he's done that in about 5 years!) Anyhow, very refreshing!

LOVED the ending w/the team going to grab dinner - felt very casual and friendly - slightly like NCIS. LOVE seein' the team bond. Of course, was kinda sad H wasn't there to get the invite :( He seems so aloof from everyone still.

The episode had some nice twists, and I liked the ending w/FRank reading the book - it was different. I would've liked to see H w/the rest of the team, but if he couldn't be there for that, I was glad it ended the way it did.

Barely recognized the guy from "That Thing You Do!" - time flies, and he looked A LOT older! Also, I know I know the murderer from something (the other ghost writer who killed Andrea) - not sure from where. Was he in a big movie or something? And the "writer" who was arrested at the end - I feel like I've seen that actress before too - they had a pretty good guest cast.

Some other highlights:

OK - the scene w/the killer "exanguenating" (spelling :confused:) Andrea's blood - that was creepy on sooo many levels - I winced!

H shooting the tree branch out from under the vampire :lol: Sooo glad he didn't shoot him - nice shot H!

Loved the back and forth between the "wannabe" vampire and H - H was sooo done w/that guy :lol:

Tom had me :guffaw: in every scene - LOVED the handwashing - wish Ryan had made a reference to his own incident, but I could see the "flashback" written all over Ryan's face - gosh, I LOVE Jon Togo! He's such a good actor!

Walter was great - loved the scene w/him and Nat on the boat, where he yelled at those guys for the password - see, Eric, you don't always need to slam a suspect or person you're interrogating against a wall and threaten assault to get what you need :lol:

Calleigh - she was awesome the whole episode, but I particularly liked her "I hate Halloween" lines at the beginning and end - and did you notice that she had the last line before the credits (usually H's) and the last line of the show - I kinda liked that, switched things up a bit.
    Everyone seemed pleasantly playful in this episode, even H a little bit. :thumbsup:

Overall, the team chemistry and camaraderie made this episode for me - hope we get more of this! :thumbsup:

7. GregNickRyanFan

Orlando Jones who played the killer got his start as the 7-UP guy in many commercials. From there he went on to guest in tv shows and movies, can't think of anything specific though.

Diane Farr who played the "writer" was a regular on "Numbers", another CBS show that just ended a couple of years ago. She was also on "Loveline" with Adam Corolla and Dr. Drew Pinsky that was on MTV many years ago. I believe Loveline is the first place I ever saw her.

You're pretty close to the spelling. The first time I heard the word used on a show a few years ago, I rewound the tape and put on the close captioning so I could see how the word was spelled (same thing I had to do with allele - which is used on the CSI shows very often lol- wanted to know the spelling for fic purposes lol) and I still always forget the spelling lol. Just looked it up on dictionary.com and they had it as exsanguinating, so yeah, you were pretty close. :)

Yeah, I could see Ryan thinking "oh crap, not again" LOL.

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Orlando Jones played Foreman's brother on House.

9. GregNickRyanFan

Really? Wow. I didn't know that. I guess I never saw the episodes he was on lol.

10. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Like Calleigh and another viewer said, I hate Holloween! And I hated that Ryan took a backseat yet again. I feel like a broken record, but this is pathetic. Surely, he has earned more airtime than this! I am really getting discouraged with this season. Plus the fact it was 30 minutes delayed and it didn't even run in primetime. CBS seriously needs to rethink this Sunday lineup during football season.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I liked this episode. Or I could just like all the Calleigh screentime I'm getting lol. No but seriously, it was pretty good IMO. I liked the scene with the wannabe vampire and H and Cal. I also liked the twists with the different characters being ghostwriters. I actually thought that the "real writer" was going to end up not existing at all, so the fact that she was actually a real person surprised me. Frank being caught up in the book was funny and the last scene was nice. Pretty decent episode.

12. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Good episode. They usually don't have a great Halloween vibe like that, even their past Halloween episodes. I really enjoyed the team interactions and seeing H take more of an active role. The show has been improving this season compared to the last two seasons that I really did not enjoy. I have to admit that Walter has become one of my favorite characters on the show. He has such a great sense of humor.

13. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

love this episode. It's creepy,misterious and interesting. The plot is sooo twisted, me too thought that Marilyn Milner doesn't really exist :)

miamirocks
    There definetely was a "team spirit" in this episode. H\C scene was awesome (but actually I hoped for more then one scene;)).
    Horatio, finally! was in peaceful mood (when he pushes this creep towards the car doesn't count:)) and I love it. I also love seeing H "in trouble" because of David's great acting. But it's nice to have a "calm H" for a change. Horatio's dialogue with this creep -:adore: - no anger, no intimidating. Ryan-Walter-Loman - hilarious trio:thumbsup:
    Natalia's participated - cool!

Just on dissapointment - Orlando Jones
    I saw that episode of House M.D. where he played Foreman's brother and I must say he did a great job. But I can't say the same for this eppi.
    During his confesion, we've learned, he hated Andrea for stealing his peace of work and being promoted for pretending it's hers. Hated so much to be capable for very gruesome murder. But he talked like it was some boring stuff or it was someone else's story he didn't care much.