10x06 - 'By the Book' - ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Oct 28, 2011.

1. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

(Futon Critic)

Sneak Peek - Thanks to CSU4evr and AnAward4Emily on Youtube

CSI: MIAMI
    Air Date: Sunday, October 30, 2011
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#1006) "By the Book"​

IN A DESERTED MANSION, THE CSIs FIND A BODY HANGING THAT APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN KILLED BY A VAMPIRE, ON "CSI: MIAMI," SUNDAY, OCT. 30

Diane Farr ("Rescue Me," "Numb3rs") Guest Stars as Marilyn Milner, Author of a Series of Vampire Books ​

Orlando Jones Guest Stars as Lawrence Kingman, Marilyn's Chef ​

Johnathon Schaech ("That Thing You Do!") Guest Stars as Marilyn's Editor ​

"By the Book" - In a deserted mansion, the CSIs find a body hanging that appears to have been killed by a vampire, on CSI: MIAMI, Sunday, Oct. 30 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Diane Farr ("Rescue Me," "Numb3rs") guest stars as Marilyn Milner, author of a series of vampire books. Orlando Jones guest stars as Lawrence Kingman, Marilyn's chef. Johnathon Schaech ("That Thing You Do!") guest stars as Marilyn's editor ​

SERIES REGULARS:
    David Caruso (Horatio Caine)
    Emily Procter (Calleigh Duquesne)
    Adam Rodriguez (Eric Delko)
    Jonathan Togo (Ryan Wolfe)
    Rex Linn (Det. Frank Tripp)
    Eva La Rue (Natalia Boa Vista)
    Omar Miller (Walter Simmons) ​

RECURRING CAST:
    Christian Clemenson (Tom Loman)
    Christopher Redman (Michael Travers) ​

GUEST CAST:
    Diane Farr (Marilyn Milner)
    Aria Pullman (Andrea Edison)
    Orlando Jones (Lawrence Kingman)
    Michael Ray Escamilla (Kenny Barnsdall)
    Chad Todhunter (Wes Rayburn)
    Johnathon Schaech (Joseph Crumbaugh) ​

WRITTEN BY: Melissa Scrivner ​

DIRECTED BY: Gina Lamar
    RATING: To Be Announced ​

2. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Spooky! I'm loving the sound of this one!

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The game just went over, so Miami will be about 25 to 30 minutes late.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  4. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

Detroit is 30 minutes delayed. Oh well, at least the didn't go into real overtime and get the episode canceled.

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    True,really glad the episode isn't cancelled. I also don't have to get up early tomorrow morning so I'll be able to watch it and not feel sorry for doing so.

one hour later...Of course I am now extremely sleepy . Hopefully I stay awake for the entire episode.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  6. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Good luck everyone! Hope you all enjoy the episode.

7. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I just saw a banner across the screen that said it would be delayed 35 minutes here I think. Ugh. I was not wanting to go to bed that late because of work in the morning...

Edit:maybe it was 29 minutes. Idk, my tv resolution is off so I didn't see the whole thing. ;)

I saw the promo again and it got me excited. I do think this will be a great episode. By the way, that vampire kid.... That is yet ANOTHER copy of a very recent case. Is anyone else noticing this? I've mentioned it before.

8. GregNickRyanFan

What was it that Calleigh asked Eric right after they got out of the car? With the noise of the rain, I couldn't understand what she said.

Those statues are kind of creepy in the dark LOL.

Woah... she's very pale. Her face literally looked whitish-blue.

"I hate Halloween" LOL.

LOL at Ryan and Walter about the smell of the gloves. Can't remember what was said word for word, but something about something Ryan did in college?

Tom: Probably just a small dose, but I should wash my hands.... A LOT. (rushes off to do so)

Huh? Eric says the book series is called "Love's Last Bite", but then it shows the books and they say "First" not "Last".

Liked H bending down to check on Calleigh. It's been a long time since they've had that kind of scene between the two of them, or any scene really.

Did anyone else crack up when Horatio shot the branch that Wes was standing on and he came tumbling down? That made me laugh so hard. :guffaw:

Wes: Go ahead, give me the chair. I'm immortal.
    What Frank would have said had he been there: No you're not, you're just a moron. :lol:

Tom is still washing his hands? "Just one more rinse" LOL.

Travers. :)

Orlando... I remember him from the 7-up commercials from years ago lol.

Okay Jonathan Scheach (or however you spell it) does not look good with facial hair. I thought he was the boss dude from that CIA-spy show (the guy who is married to the blonde boss lady) at first and although that guy isn't bad looking, he's probably at least ten years older than JS.

Ghost Writers... oh man, flashbacks from my childhood. Anyone remember the kid show "Ghost Writer" that came on PBS? That was kind of a cool show.

Love Natalia's grin when Walter yelled at the ghost writers to give him the password to the vic's computer.

Ryan was so tuned in and concentrated on the screen that he didn't hear a word of what Tom was saying. LOL boys and their toys. My brother's like that when he's playing video games LOL.

LOL at Frank reading the book.

9. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

She asked him who owns the house. Creepy opening, hopefully this episode is good. I hate Halloween too. :lol:

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

What's a Halloween episode of CSI: Miami without some weird hand toxin?

:rolleyes:

11. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

love love LOVE Ryan and Walter scenes. I felt like the scene with them and Loman was perfect. I love them all! :)
    Eric got the name of the book wrong :p
    Emily and Natalia are so naturally gorgeous. #jealous lol
    HAHAHAHAHA Horatio so casually saying he'd love to send that guy to the chair...
    I like the twist with the "ghost writer" thing.
    Hahaha!!! Frank got caught up reading it!
    Yay the team had plans to eat dinner together..... :)

Melissa Scrivner did a great job writing this episode. I'd like to see more Ryan, but.... I always do lol. What other episodes has she written? I was just intrigued by this whole episode. My faith in the show is being restored!! ;)

Plus I hate Twilight, so this was pretty funny.

This episode was worth staying up for.

12. GregNickRyanFan

Hardline Pro, thanks for answering my question. :)

:lol: Well at least it wasn't the same kind as before LOL.

13. MiamiStyle

MiamiStyle Hit and Run

Eh, wasn't too impressed by this episode. But maybe I'm just tired?

Color of the week was purple. Ryan, Eric, Frank, Travers and editor all wore it... am I missing anyone? (Not that I' m complaining though, purple is my favorite color. ;))

I was kinda turned off by the indirect reference to Twilight. It seems like every other TV show nowadays has one of those episodes and it's starting to get on my nerves.

During the scene with Tom, Ryan and Walter, when Tom's hands went 'tingly', I was just waiting for Ryan to bring up his own experience with blowfish poison. (Aside from just asking Tom if his hands were numb.) I think it would have made a great reference if they'd just run with it.

I will admit though, I laughed so hard when I saw Frank reading the book in that last scene. :lol:

14. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Rather enjoyed this one. They seemed more of a team than they have for some time. Nice to see Calleigh so much to the fore. And I thought H was beginning to come out of the doom and gloom that has seemed to envelop him since the first episode. Frank seemed to have his mind on other things? Should have ended with H not Frank, but that's a small negative. All in all, yes, liked it.

15. Titaneers

Titaneers Victim

I hate halloween