Grade 'Air Apparent'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 21, 2011.

?

How would you grade Air Apparent?

1. A+

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. A

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. A-

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  5. B

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

I saw the motive from the beginning (and for a change I was right). It's been in too many other tv shows. I still enjoyed watching the twists.

I'm a Flack fan so his getting a bigger part was a good thing. I've always liked his annoying big brother relationship with Sam. (I loved when she mentioned his haircut.) But did we really need the mallet of Mac mentioning Sam at the beginning? I'm kind of surprised he knew so much about her problems. I can't see Flack talking about it. It's not only private (and he is very private) it's family private.

As for Lindsay's comments/actions in the salon, I'm not really a Lindsay fan, but she sold me in that scene. I not only believed she could shoot him in the head, I believed she would shoot him in the head.

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

The part about Mac asking about Sam, well, I think they do tell each other things that we don't know about. Kinda like when Peyton decided to stay in London, Mac didn't have to tell Don but he did.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Mac and Don are friends and friends talk about their families to each other all the time, so I don't see an issue with Mac knowing about Sam. :shrug:

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

haha phew!

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I watched this one and I really liked it. It's one of the NY episodes that I didn't roll my eyes at in a long time.

Flack and Sam are love. I love their relationship. Eddie Cahill is one of the best actors on the show and Kathleen Munroe plays off him wonderfully. They create a very believable brother and sister. And you can really see the struggle in their relationship as a sister who's gone through rehab and the cop brother who is looking out for her. The end was a bit predictable though. You knew he could call in a favor to get her the job. But again, that's what nepotism is about right? ;)

I didn't catch the beginning of the episode, missed about the first 15 minutes of it. I get the gist of it though.

Lindsay didn't turn me off as much as she did last week. She tries to come across as the 'tough country girl making in the city' but most of the time she doesn't quite pull it off. Perhaps that's why they give her more action scenes? ;)

Adam was hilarious and Jo seems to always catch him doing something goofy. I guess it's better than Mac.

I have to say, this is the best episode so far of season 8.

6. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

I agree. It would have more sense to have Flack be the one watching over Hank. Although I thought Lindsay was pretty good...very tough.

Finally got me a Flack fix, so I unabashedly loved this episode. Makes me wonder about the "behind the scenes" talk was about Flack/Cahill's hair cut! (I love it short, so I'm pleased!) I like Sam, love the brother/sister dynamic. :adore:

The case kept me guessing, which is usually not the situation. I liked the Hank/Riley story...although in the beginning I though Riley was supremely arrogant.

Looking forward to next week. This is the first "A" I've given the show in a long time!

Tobin

7. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Do agree with you Tobin that it should be Flack checking in on Hank and not Mac but both bonded with Riley so it's not a strech for Mac to be doing the checking.
    I wonder if we'll see them again.

8. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I really liked the episode. I have it an A. I was happy to see Flack with his sister again. The case was good and there was a little more Mac this week. That always makes an episode better.

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Boom! I called the coach from the beginning. I swear I did. I was actually typing as I was watching and called it in writing, but then I fat fingered and lost everything I had typed. :p OK. So I called the coach as being the murderer, which he wasn't, but I knew it was about Hank being a distraction for Riley so I was partially right.

I loved the opening with showing the two brothers and I also loved the ending with the two brothers. It would've been better if Riley had been open to forgiving Hank for the cocaine without Saint Mac having to prod him into it, but I'll take what I can get.

I love Sam and Flack together. I understand Flack wanting to be the protective brother and wanting her to keep her life on track, I really do. But after he was rescued from muggers by an ex-con/informant on a subway drunker than a skunk with a bottle in a bag like a homeless wino and after he used his badge to murder someone in cold blood out of revenge I also hate the way he still comes off as the perfect older brother to Sam's screw up little sister. I'm sorry. I still love Flack, but I can no longer buy him as the Poster Child for the perfect NYPD cop. He almost reminded me of a less anoying version of Mac when he hands down his Mactimony and I hate that TPTB has done that to him. That said I really want them to bring Sam back more often. They have such a great brother/sister dynamic, and now that she has a job with the NYPD there should be openings to bring her back if the actress' schedule allows.

I love Hawkes/Hill when he's explaining something. He always seems like he loves what he does and makes things interesting by seeming interested himself. And using a dead pig again is always good. :p

AJ was funny as usual, but at least now he seems less awkward around Jo and Mac. That's a plus. He can be weird and funny without being the man/child that he was in earlier seasons.

Although Danny and Lindsay weren't in this one much I have to say Danny being attached at the hip to Lindsay in his first episode back in the lab after they shoehorned in DL scenes in every damn episode while he was out of the lab was really disappointing. No, they weren't personal DL scenes, but it was still annoying.

This is the kind of episode they should have been bringing since the premiere. The case was interesting, the team was all involved in some respect and they had a good side storyline for one of the team. This was a good episode. I give it a solid B.

ETA: I just read the other responses to the episode and I totally forgot about Lindsay and Flack's scene with the murderer. Seeing the whole scene instead of just the clip made me like it better than I did before. Anna will never be a good actress in my book, but she was decent in this scene. What bugged me, though, is the BHC (Black Hole of Continuity for those who don't know) struck again. Yes, it's been quite a while since she shot Shane Casey, but after the struggles she had after the shooting about being labeled a "hero" and a "warrior" it just didn't set right that she'd be all badass about "I can shoot you in the head before you make a move." I didn't expect her to hesitate, but at the same time it just felt kind of ridiculous for her to say that. Maybe if they had shown her struggling a bit more after Shane Casey it would've been more believable. I don't know. Something was just off about it and this time it wasn't Anna's acting.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It was kind of like that one scene a while back where Danny made that huge, dangerous jump not long after he'd recovered from being shot in the leg and having to use a wheelchair. Remember that? I mean, the jump looked cool and all, but it was a little strange that he was doing that so soon after his injuries. TPTB seem to forget a lot of things sometimes LOL.

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I do remember that. And don't even get me started on the "I come from a family of cops" thing. Or Stella's ever changing backstory. Lindsay is definitely not the only character to fall victim to the BHC. I think everyone has at least once.

ETA: My criticism of Flack can also be attributed to the BHC. It would've been a perfect time for Flack to admit to his sister that he had some troubles with alcohol himself after Angell died but instead they painted him as the perfect older brother as usual.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  12. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Indeed..and it's also a problem on CSI Miami. Horatio,Delko and Flack used their badges to avenge their loved ones. Don't get me wrong..the guys that died were scumbags. But there is no way they can perps they were wrong in killing when they've done so themselves.