Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

...right, this is precisely the enticing sort of promo that will have me so anticipating the show that I'll be trying to tear the hands off a clock to speed the time... :rommie:

"...right now, I'm aiming at your head. D'ya think I'm playing?"

Unfortunately, I often find it difficult to read AB scenes in any other way :p.

Hostage Negotiation tactics at their finest, btw :lol:.

-

Monroe with the shotgun, and now this - I watched the clip and couldn't help but have the image of Men In Black's Noisy Cricket flash thru my head :lol::p. (Mebbe coffee will help. Or mebbe I'll just always find it hard to take certain things seriously).

BTW. Are various "drugged-out" criminals gonna be a theme for S8? Green fairy & now this? :vulcan::p. (NY also seems to be liking this B/W tonal tool too, which is fair enough; they seem to be using it well).

I get the feeling they'd post DL stuff whether a question was asked or not :lol:.

Little to say other than they're certainly & creatively wringing every nugget. Also, the site seems cheerfully & perpetually preoccupied with DL's various meals :p. If it'll quell tummy-rumblings and the related scoopage torturing them (and us), mebbe they oughtta go buy some sandwiches or something?

The 1% is a victim again!!! Ohnoez... :lol:

Dear NY: Occupy New York. And NY. And I mean that on so many different levels.

Thanks for clips/pics/tidbits, yas all. Despite poking fun at teh cricket, the premise of a staged crime scene could be interesting. And Sid's in the ep :D. So, not all bad :lol:.

2. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I like CM but I think it is not that superior over NY. It's basically all about criminals on a rampage with horrific/traumatizing past. It's just: unsub - profile - horrific past - hack - possible next victims - save the victim. It's more formulaic than CSIs. And it looks like they are trying to make an episode per body part.

Maybe there's a twist after all! The murder victim is the homeless twin brother of the mogul! :shifty::lol:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

8.11 "Who's There?"

I'll be back in a bit with more info...

ETA: There's not much to add to the information Micha posted.

ETA2: Wait! Perhaps I spoke too soon. Lemme look again...

ETA3: Ok, I looked through the rest of the spoilers - I added more information about the beginning of the episode. (Sorry for the confusion!)
    8.11 "Who's There?":

~ Ron and Elizabeth are having dinner in their Upper West Side home when they hear the doorbell ring. Elizabeth heads to the door and looks through the peephole. She sees a package sitting outside, so she opens the door--and promptly gets pushed aside by a pair of attackers in ski masks. These two people tape their hands and mouths and demand access to Ron's safe--rich people like them always have a safe. They protest at first, but Ron acquiesces when one of the attackers holds a gun to his head. He leads the attacker into his office and lets the person empty the safe. Ron is able to get free of the tape around his wrists and starts to struggle with the attacker, pulling off the man's ski mask. Elizabeth gets a good look at him, but she doesn't know him. The man hits Ron and knocks him unconscious, and Elizabeth is forced into another room at gunpoint. They tape her feet together and tell her not to move or she'll be killed. She waits in the room until she's sure they're gone, then she crawls her way into the other room to her husband's side--but Ron is dead.

~ Ron is involved in real estate, and Mac has seen his face on billboards around the city.

~ Ron and Elizabeth's marriage is on the rocks, and it has been causing problems between Ron and his business partner, Phillip.

~ It looks like Lindsay and Flack have a scene together. They have some banter about the difference between men and women, and they go after a suspect.​

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The speculations about shows being renewed or cancelled has begun. TVGuide.com has 11 shows they say are on the bubble. Here's what they say about NY:

I personally think the shows so far this season - with the exception of the premiere - have been pretty poor; especially considering I thought last season ranked up with my favorite S1. I had hoped they could continue the quality for another season, but so far I've been disappointed. I really hope they get back in the groove of things so if this is the last season it doesn't go out with a whimper.

5. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah, maybe if Danny is back in the lab, it might help.

6. PerfectAnomaly

The only reason the Danny storyline wasn't any good, IMO, is because they threw him under the bus for Lindsay and DL. If they're going to continue in that vein I don't see him being back in the lab as making one ounce of difference. It's also not going to make any difference if the cases aren't interesting, which IMO they haven't been so far this season.

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Wonder how Miami one is doing. To me the ratings are good even though it's on a Friday night. 18 episodes? Damn.

8. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

[​IMG]

source: http://twitpic.com/72xkl7

9. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Thanks Perl. Nice photo of Gary and Anna!

10. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Hi Nel2h, you're welcome.

CSI: NY - Episode 8.05 - Air Apparent - Sneak Peek | Spoiler TV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/10/csi-ny-episode-805-air-apparent-sneak.html

source: http://www.tvline.com/2011/10/matts-inside-line-scoop-supernatural-csi-ny-chuck-secret-circle/

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Can we have that in English, please? (if not, I'll run it through my Firefox translator when I get home)

12. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

I'm sorry, lol, it's so funny. It's too me that. I haven't see that it's in french

In english lol

[​IMG]

source: http://lockerz.com/s/148800039

13. PerfectAnomaly

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Ha, having a little too much fun with their fake badges. That's adorable.

15. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

Gorgeous pic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.