** Season 10 Spoiler Lab - Take Two **

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

It could be because of their budget. CBS keeps spending less and less money on the CSI shows. I feel like CBS wants to kill them. I mean, we already have a reduced number of episodes.

And I also hope Natalia is WRITTEN out, like she taking a break or traveling somewhere, etc. Not just, she's not there.

2. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Ummm....:wtf: Natalia's being "written out" of 3 episodes due to budget reasons??? She's one of the most popular characters! And TPTB are so rediculous - they just make a character "disappear" suddenly, with no explanation, and yet other characters get these huge story archs and screen time and never are written out when it would make sense for them to be (due to injury, emotional distress,etc.). I agree that this should be shared by the whole cast if it is indeed budget reasons - bet they'd save a hell of a lot more money if they wrote Delko out of three episodes. :rolleyes: Grrr...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  3. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

This is a surprise!! :wtf: I do wonder if we'll receive an on-show explanation for Natalia's absence, or will she simply re-appear on the scene as if nothing ever happened?

I really don't buy the "budgetary reasons". I wonder if Eva asked for some time away and they said to respect her privacy???

If they start cutting Horatio from episodes or episodes in general, I am going to be seriously pissed. :evil:

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    From reading her twitter acct,it doesn't appear that Eva asked for the time.

5. spencerreidfan

What a bunch of B.S. Like CBS is suddenly THAT hard up?

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

For some reason, unknown to us, it's always Natalia. It's happened before, she was simply not in the episode and a lot wondered (like right now) if it was her decision. I bet she'll just not be in the episode with no explanation like it happened before. Those seasons I thought they picked her because she was the last cast member and so she got the shorter end of the stick but now that would be Walter so it doesn't make sense. I'm thinking it has more to do with her contract *shrugs*. She probably still has the same contract she did when she became a regular so maybe there's some clause there that allows for this to happen. Maybe not in the rest of the cast, and maybe Omar was aware and made the proper adjustments. IDK, I'm REALLY speculating here.

7. spencerreidfan

It seems that after 6 seasons on the show, they would show her a little more courtesy. True, Walter is at the bottom of the food chain, so to speak, and probably earns less than the rest (but that's just speculation), so it would make sense to cut him. For Eva's sake, I hope this is nothing more than a budget thing and she will continue to be a main cast member. I like Natalia quite a bit and Calleigh needs another lady on the show to back her up.

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

You would think,especially as she stepped up so much last season .

I think the contracts are renegotiated every few years but perhaps Eva wasn't able to get rid of whatever is allowing her episodes to be cut.

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Maybe. I really have no idea how they do this things, but I thought that the first contract they signed was valid for the first six years. So that's why I think it's the same one since, if I remember correctly, she became a regular in season 5 making this season the 6th for her. Other than something in her contract I just don't see why it's always her.

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I've always heard of 2-3 year contracts,but I guess 6 years is a possibility.

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Eva had said early in the summer that she had just signed her contract, so if any negotiations had taken place it would've happened then. From what I understand, all contracts are different depending on what both parties want/ask for. Maybe Eva has always set hers up to where she's able to miss episodes in the case of family or charity events, & in turn CBS is able to take advantage of this by pulling her out of episodes when they need to shave a few funds. I'm not sure exactly how it works, though. Just seems to me that maybe she has the contract that is easiest for CBS to "jerk around". One of those "well we can do this, because your contract says this" bullcrap. :rolleyes:
    Either way, I don't like it one bit. CBS can save money elsewhere.

12. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Like all of you, I'm surprised to hear that CBS seems to have arbitrarily cut Eva out of episodes. If they're having to cut CSI: Miami's budget this sharply and suddenly, then perhaps the chances of us seeing an eleventh season are fading :(

13. fanilowchick

Press release for 10.06!

IN A DESERTED MANSION, THE CSIs FIND A BODY HANGING THAT APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN KILLED BY A VAMPIRE, ON "CSI: MIAMI," SUNDAY, OCT. 30

Diane Farr (“Rescue Me,” “Numb3rs”) Guest Stars as Marilyn Milner, Author of a Series of Vampire Books

Orlando Jones Guest Stars as Lawrence Kingman, Marilyn’s Chef

Johnathon Schaech (“That Thing You Do!”) Guest Stars as Marilyn’s Editor

CHEAT TWEET: #Vampires in Miami? That bites! Sunday, 10/30 10PM ET/PT #CSIMiami http://bit.ly/o0X6DE

“By the Book” — In a deserted mansion, the CSIs find a body hanging that appears to have been killed by a vampire, on CSI: MIAMI, Sunday, Oct. 30 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Diane Farr (“Rescue Me,” “Numb3rs”) guest stars as Marilyn Milner, author of a series of vampire books. Orlando Jones guest stars as Lawrence Kingman, Marilyn’s chef. Johnathon Schaech (“That Thing You Do!”) guest stars as Marilyn’s editor.

SERIES REGULARS:
    David Caruso ---------(Horatio Caine)
    Emily Procter-------- (Calleigh Duquesne)
    Adam Rodriguez------ (Eric Delko)
    Jonathan Togo-------- (Ryan Wolfe)
    Rex Linn -------------(Det. Frank Tripp)
    Eva La Rue ---------- (Natalia Boa Vista)
    Omar Miller --------- (Walter Simmons)

RECURRING CAST:
    Christian Clemenson----- (Tom Loman)
    Christopher Redman----- (Michael Travers)

GUEST CAST:
    Diane Farr -------------- (Marilyn Milner)
    Aria Pullman-------------(Andrea Edison)
    Orlando Jones -----------(Lawrence Kingman)
    Michael Ray Escamilla----(Kenny Barnsdall)
    Chad Todhunter--------- (Wes Rayburn)
    Johnathon Schaech ------(Joseph Crumbaugh)

WRITTEN BY: Melissa Scrivner
    DIRECTED BY: Gina Lamar

Source: CBS

14. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Is Orlando Jones the guy who used to be on the Disney show That's So Raven?

EDIT: Nope that's Orlando Brown, lolol. Orlando Jones is in a movie I like though.

15. fanilowchick

Does anyone know what 10.07 is called and any info about it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.