Mac/Jo: Making good first impressions

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Ollie

Ollie Hit and Run

In this thread, we're always partying. No way you'll ever be late. :lol:

Hear, hear. I'd be really nice of them if they developed relationship between Jo and Mac instead of putting someone else in there. I don't think I'm ready for it. ;)

And... As much as I love Jo as character and def. do not want to see anything happening to her, is it bad of me to wait for Mac's reaction on her being attacked?

2. macandjogirl

macandjogirl Victim

Given the whole "Are you okay?" thing when she really didn't ever seem too endangered last night, I think that reaction should be pretty good.

3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I did notice that but didn't understand him asking her if she was okay because it didn't seem like she was in danger. But after your posts, I don't know, maybe he does have a thing for her.

4. Ollie

Ollie Hit and Run

This is the thing which kind of surprised me, I gotta admit. Not that this is unusual for Mac to check if his friends and co-workers who were in danger are okay, but Jo really wasn't in danger. She was far away from the bad guy, with a gun in her hand and the guy had only a taser AND he was locked in the car. Hardly a dangerous situation.

But I like your explanation. :lol:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yeah!! :cool:

Not at all :lol: I want to see his reaction too. I'm really looking forward to this storyline with Jo. I think we can have some really great moments between her and Mac.

I was pleasantly surprised by "are you ok?". I'm like: nothing happened, she's obviously fine, and you obviously know that ;). Sweet moment :adore:

6. Ollie

Ollie Hit and Run

Well... It wasn't "Cavallino Rampante", was it? ;)

I'd prefer to have at least one Jo/Mac scene (other than this short walk from the elevator to his office), but I guess this was DL's week and there is nothing we can do about it.

BUT I'm a huge fan of Jo/Adam/Mac scene (the one about fishing), which was, in my opinion, the closest to what I could call a good Jo/Mac scene. :p I know I should probably concentrate on something more important than esthetics, but I have to say it: how good they look together? :adore: I loved it, when they were standing so close, exchanging flies (okay, that sounds weird :lol:); it really stroke me that even based on looks they fit each other.

But then again, is it just me or Jo looked somehow even BETTER than usual in this episode?

P.S. Yep, it def. wasn't great Jo/Mac episode, if I'm here talking about how good they looked. But who cares, really. I sort of expected this to be like this, hence all the DL drama AND the fact there is this big Jo's storyline coming soon.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  7. macandjogirl

macandjogirl Victim

I loved that scene because it's yet another thing they had in common -- that shared knowledge about the fishing lures. I can totally picture them heading out for a weekend fishing trip now to get away from work.

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

The funny thing is that I just read a fanfic where Mac and Jo go fishing :lol:. She used to fish when she was little and Mac has some friends who lend him a cabin. When I saw the scene in the episode I was so confused between the show and the fic :lol: I kept thinking that the fic writer must have been really excited watching this episode.

Anyway, not much between them like it's been said. I totally agree that they look great if nothing else ;). We still have upcoming episodes to look forward to and do hope we get plenty of Mac and Jo scenes in them :).

9. Ollie

Ollie Hit and Run

Oh, I know this fic! It was the first thing that came to my mind as soon as Jo said her daddy was taking her fishing. :lol:

But this is the thing about good fics, they stay in your mind. And AddisonRules (IF we're talking about the same fic ;)) writes, I think, the best Jo/Mac fics.

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

YES that's the writer!! :lol: She (I think she??) definitely writes great Jo/Mac fics and they are so in character.

I can definitely see Mac and Jo going fishing and having lots of fun. Though they probably will have lots of fun no matter what they do cause that's just Jo :).

11. Ollie

Ollie Hit and Run

I always start my after-episode tour on this site from this thread, but this week... I feel like there's not so much to talk about (to avoid the term "nothing"). Which doesn't make me happy, gotta say.

You know what I think, girls?

I think we got a little too much a little too soon. I mean, THAT is if we actually believe there's something planned for Jo and Mac (and there is ALWAYS part of my doubting this, I fear), but this is what this thread is about and here we can all delude ourselves as long as we want. :lol:

8x01, 8x02 and 8x03 were particularly good for Jo and Mac (ESPECIALLY 8x03). So we started off really, really promising. But I have this feeling that since then we've been left on a desert. :rolleyes: It's like... it's LESS AND LESS of Jo and Mac (and I don't even mean the two of them together, but even separately).

So now I'm thinking I could have survived without having this amount of Jo/Mac in the first three episodes, just having usual glimpses her and there and THEN some sort of escalation. It would be more natural, like, you know, natural evolution of their dynamic. I kind of miss their talks, working together and stuff. I really, really do.

But maybe it's because the general focus of 8x04 was on Danny and Lindsay, and in 8x05 we had Sam/Flack storyline (which I liked better than DLs, btw.)? I hope for more Jo/Mac interactions when Jo's storyline kicks in.

So... What was in yesterday's episode? Apart from "not much", I'd say the only thing we could actually see was the scene in the conference room, which was a usual "Mac-and-Jo-sitting-in-the-conference-room-and-not-looking-at-anyone-else-beside-each-other" scene.

BUT then
    we know that in the next episode we will have at least one their scene for sure, judging by the promo and the two of them sitting in this hole in the ground. So maybe next week will be better for us. ;)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  12. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

I'm really disappointed in the lack of Mac/Jo in the last 2 episodes. 'Cavallinio Rampante' was just a Jo/Mac shippers dream episode and now it seems like we're getting less and less scenes as we progress into the season.

I love it when they do this.. they blatantly looking deep into each other soul and figuring out what the other one is thinking.

13. Ollie

Ollie Hit and Run

I think I have way to much free time. AND I hate to see this thread alive only during weekends. So why not to drug you into some nonsensic discussion? :p

I gotta tell you, I'm kind of excited for the next episode.
    Even judging by the promo, we will have at least two scenes with Jo and Mac, which is more we got in the last two episodes. ;) And this is something which makes me ridiculously happy.

And, I don't know how about you (okay, I DO know about ChaoticBox ;)), but doesn't this Haven't we had enough Halloween fun? line sounds a little like Mac's response for Jo, I don't know, asking him out on Halloween Party or sth? :lol:

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

When I first heard Mac saying the Halloween line I got really excited because I thought that for sure we will be getting one of those great Mac/Jo scenes :). It does sound like she said one of those things that's really Jo and he is responding to it. I'm so glad cause like it's been mentioned we have gotten next to nothing in these last two episodes and I'm so ready for a nice, funny, flirty scene between them. Especially since we will be getting Jo's arc next which will probably be more on the angsty side (which of course I'm also looking forward to, especially Mac's reaction ;)).

15. Ollie

Ollie Hit and Run

Exactly! I wonder what did she say, and how she responded to his response, and what was this all about... :lol:

Oh, damn, I just miss Jo/Mac scenes in general.

But we've already had a sneak peek with Jo/Mac/Flack scene (still, I hope we'll get to see Jo and Mac without Flack, too), and judging by this second promo we're going to have lots of Jo in general. Which makes me superhappy. ;)

I really think that his whole no Jo/Mac scenes in the last two episodes thing might have something to do with this Jo's storyling coming soon. I kind of think that it was a good plan from the writers; Jo's still relatively "new" and even though I absolutely love her, I know some people would be opposed to seeing Jo that much.