David Caruso Reunites with NYPD Blue Partner

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Colonel Worf, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

EW Link

David Caruso reunites with Dennis Franz and has a photoshoot with some other former NYPD Blue Actors.

I know Caruso has always regretted leaving NYPD Blue after only a little over a season. I've actually never seen any of the early episodes that he stars in.

2. Cleo

Cleo Victim

I enjoyed seeing the photo (thanks for the link). If you get the chance, catch the early NYPD shows -- Caruso was outstanding! :thumbsup:

3. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I agree - required viewing for anyone remotely interested in David...

4. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Great photo - It would have been nice to see Mark-Paul Gosselaar there, all 5 leads united. David and Dennis always had great chemistry

5. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

Great photo, thanks for posting.
    Love NYPD, Dennis and his jokes were awesome :guffaw: I liked Jimmi Smith too. He was great

6. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Jimmy Smits :)

I only saw two episode of David's run, but he was terrific and I wish I could watch the whole thing.

7. elliecatt

elliecatt Dead on Arrival

Wow, this is huge. for anyone who followed the whole NYPD Blue thing as it unfolded this is pretty cool news. it is well known that David was pretty controversial in his decision to quit that show and his behavior on-set prior to his leaving. he was a bit of a diva back then, and things between him and Franz were really pretty hostile at the end. David burned some bridges with that whole thing. and it is all very well documented, before anyone jumps on me for being subversive. I never stopped being a huge DC fan, even when he was pretty much a tool. he made mistakes. he was young, he was overwhelmed by his sudden and huge popularity and he made a bad choice. several bad choices. but he took the fallout from that to learn his lesson and it paid off for him in a huge way. he definitely mellowed with age, too. for him to reunite with Dennis Franz after all that happened is really awesome. I am so happy to learn this. and yes, yes, yes, season 1 of NYPD Blue is a must-see for any true Caruso fan...his portrayal of John Kelly was brilliant, and the younger David is just adorable to see.

8. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Go watch. Go watch NOW! :thumbsup:

9. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Loved David in NYPD Blue, I wish he would have stayed with the show a bit longer than he did. I wonder if he now, regrets that decision?

10. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I ordered 2 copies of that issue. I love the color photo of Ricky Schroeder, David, Jimmy Smits and Dennis Franz (in that order from left to right) on pages 88-89 of that issue.