Person of Interest

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Geeno, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Who watched the premiere? Did you like it? What can you say about the show?

For me, it was an OK show for now, still warming up. I felt this show has a lot of potential, really interesting premise (stop a crime before it happens, why not). I want to know more about the machine and the characters. I want to see more technique. But so far, I liked what I saw. I'm definitely watching the next episodes.

One of the things I liked is that there are only few major characters. I also enjoyed the feel of the show. It's like a TV movie. The music is not irritating. The location shooting is gorgeous. Michael Emerson did great as this mysterious (kind of creepy) Mr. Finch. Jim Caviezel did good considering the character he is playing. I like Taraji Henson. I would like to see more of Det. Carter.

Watch new episode every Thursday night at 9/8c on CBS. Catch a rerun of the premiere Saturday, 8/7c.

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I thought it was ok. The only thing that I was disappointed about was that I thought that they would catch the bad guy more through the tech stuff (camera's around the city, etc) and not so much hunting them down via shoot outs. I'll give it a try.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I kind of had a hard time following it. There were flashbacks and stuff thrown in and I found myself having a hard time keeping up with what was what lol. I will probably give it another try or two though.

4. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

I loved it!!! It started slow while they established the storyline, but it picked up considerably in the second half. It was good seeing Michael Emerson again, and I thought Jim Caviezel did a pretty damn good impression of Dirty Harry. :thumbsup:

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Just catching up on some premieres I missed. Watched this one today online, and I think I will like it. It's a little edgier than most CBS procedurals, so I hope viewers will give it a chance.

The positives:
    Michael Emerson (big LOST fan here)-it's good to have him back on tv.
    Taraji Henson-definitely hope to see more of her character.
    The premise has the potential for some interesting twists to the storylines. I like shows that keep me guessing.

The negatives:
    I'm not sold on Caviezel as an action hero, yet; but I'll keep an open mind. I guess it's because his first big role, that I remember, was Jesus Christ. :)
    I hope they give Henson's character more importance and sceen time. I know it's CBS here, but they still need a prominent female character.

I'll definitely tune in for more. I'm glad CBS took a risk with this show; it has potential.

6. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Well, I liked this show enough to make an avatar of Mr. Finch. :D So, what does that tell you, Geeno? I'll make an avatar or maybe even a sig of John Reese when I can find the picture I want to use.

About the show itself: I thought it really hit the ground running from the get go, which I thought made the beginning a little too rushed. A pilot of an hour and a half would've been better, I think. I wanted to see more of how the John Reese character had been living out on the streets and what he had been doing before we got to the subway scene. But, anyway, about halfway through the hour, the show really hit its stride. I loved all the action scenes. Jim Caviezel is not only :drool: but he just may be the new Clint Eastwood. I was thinking of Dirty Harry nearly the whole way through this pilot. I love the way Reese talks to the baddies. But I also like the way that unlike Dirty Harry, John Reese has vulnerability. This makes him more likeable and relate-able.

Both Reese and Finch are such mysterious characters. I really like both Michael Emerson and Jim Caviezel. I think they are perfect in their roles. It's going to be fascinating to slowly find out more about their characters--and The Machine.

What do you think it meant when Reese looked right into "the eye" of the camera at the end? And the very end where it showed what The Machine looked like. That gave me chills and was reminiscent of "The X-Files" when they'd show where certain top secret things were kept hidden. And do you think Finch knows a lot more than he's letting on?

7. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I finally got to check this out yesterday and I really liked the pilot. If they can keep it that interesting throughout, I will definitely continue watching. I hope they have a little more Finch involvement, because really, that was the only part I found lacking. And even then, I wasn't that bothered by Emerson's screentime... I just really like him so would love for them to have more of him! :)

8. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I liked it. It took a while for me to get into it, but I think it could be really good. I am gonna keep watching it and see where it goes.

9. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I caught it Saturday night when CBS repeated it. I was impressed. Maybe we'll find out more about both Reese's and Finch's past in upcoming episodes. LOVED Taraji P. Henson. She was excellent. :)

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

This was one of just two new shows this season that I was looking forward to seeing. The premiere didn't disappoint. I love Jim and Michael as the leads. I hope it can stay just as interesting as it is so far. :)

11. Smokey

Mmmm...okay. Changed my mind after tonight. I don't think I'm going to like this show. I'm disappointed...thought it would be a good one. But it's too violent for me. It's just killing after killing after killing. I know they're bad guys, but still...it's a turn off for me. :(

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I tried to watch it in the beginning, but it just couldn't get into it... so I kind of just left it on only for background noise... plus I went outside a few times and did some housework and whatnot. This show is just not holding my interests the way I thought it would. As much as I love Jim C... I just can't seem to get into this show. I may try it another time or two though.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  13. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Smokey, I didn't see any killing after killing in the show. Reese's trademark is shooting the baddies in the leg.

I thought the ep last night was even better than the pilot. But you do have to pay attention to the beginning of the episode to know what's going on. Then when you do it's really worth it when the suspense starts to build.

This is one of the best shows I've seen in a very long time.

14. Smokey

Okay...well, shooting after shooting beat up tied up kidnapped chased and then killing. :) I'm not much of an action movie/show fan, so I guess it's more appropriate to say it's too much action for me.

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Haven't seen the second episode but it appears I will be of the same opinion because all the shooting and action stuff is what I didn't like about the first episode. I guess I won't be following this one.