Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Article is great and videos great. Thomas Gibson aka Hotchner is so awesome about posting all this stuff to his twitter page. I love following all of the main 7, but Shemar Moore. Not sure why he is the only one that doesn't post.

Knew you would like that. :lol: Here's a bit about how it came about from TV Guide:
And to celebrate, the show put together this music video. Erica Meredith, the assistant to Criminal Minds executive producer Erica Messer, wrote the song and lyrics, along with the show's writers' assistant, Haben Merker, and intern, Evan Adams. The trio played the tune for star Thomas Gibson and the rest of the cast; Thomas then suggested that they make a video.
----------​

From TV Guide:

9 Things To Expect In Season 7

1. Expect a different BAU. "It's a season where we get to explore our heroes a little bit more," showrunner Erica Messer said. "Every week we get to dive into what makes these bad guys tick, and this is the season where we want to explore all the layers that make up this team. We get started right away with Prentiss returning from the dead. ... This event has changed all of our characters' lives."

2. Things get hairy for Hotch. The Paley Center played a preview clip showing Unit Chief Aaron "Hotch" Hotchner (Thomas Gibson) sporting a full beard, at least temporarily, while he's out of the country. "Hotch, as you saw, was in Pakistan," confirmed Messer. "That was mainly because I saw this handsome devil with a beard and said, 'Can you keep that thing? We should write to it.'"

3. Morgan tracks down Prentiss' killer. "Morgan made it his life journey to get redemption for his friend," Shemar Moore said about his character, Special Supervisory Agent Derek Morgan. Messer added, "No matter what, he wasn't going to let Ian Doyle (Timothy V. Murphy) be out there in the world. ... Morgan's been looking for him. He did it in the traditional way that profilers do, by getting into the head of the bad guy. He realized that the whole thing that's keeping Ian Doyle going is that his son is still out there. Morgan and Garcia (Kirsten Vangsness) begin digging around: Where would Doyle's son be? Where would Prentiss, our friend, have hidden him? So they're [also] profiling Prentiss."

4. Hotch + Morgan = Splitsville? Moore said, "There was a sense of betrayal from Hotch, even though that's his friend, that's his boss." Gibson added, "I think the theme of broken trust within a family will have a chance to play in various ways and various times in this season and maybe beyond."

5. JJ got a promotion. A.J. Cook's character Jennifer "JJ" Jareau was also written off the series, but was brought back after fan outcry. Not only was she part of the conspiracy hiding Prentiss' faked death, but she's also been busy with new duties. "JJ's been back for three-and-a-half months," said Messer. "She's been promoted to a profiler in that time. And we hear a little bit more about that in Episode 2."

6. Garcia will control the remote. Since JJ's now profiling, she won't introduce the cases. That duty falls to tech analyst Penelope Garcia, whom Vangsness said will be in the field, "at least in the round table room, at least holding that remote, explaining some stuff, which she does not enjoy doing. She likes being with them, but she does not enjoy the violence, so there's a lot of 'Here's the thing' [and] look away."

7. Dr. Reid will have family problems. "Reid had been dealing with his mom, which might have been something we lost in the premiere, but we touch on in Episode 2," Messer said. Matthew Gray Gubler, who wore two different socks (one pink, one blue-and-black striped) at the Paley Center event, couldn't reveal if his nerdy character's headaches would be addressed or if Reid would be getting a girlfriend. "I don't know, man," he said. "I'm always the last to know."

8. Rossi's first ex-wife could linger. As previously reported, Senior Supervisory Special Agent David Rossi (Joe Mantegna) will have to deal with his first ex-wife (Isabella Hoffman) when she comes to him for help. "It's kind of a two-part thing," said Mantegna. "We've established over the last few years that Rossi wasn't great at marriage. ... I thought if he were married three times to at least address a portion of that."

9. Ian Doyle will be back, briefly. "We see a wee bit of Ian Doyle [in Season 7]," Messer confirmed. "We're thinking that maybe [we should write that] he has an evil twin brother because [Murphy is] so great."

Susan

That's a lot of great info for the season :). I wonder what Hotch was doing in Pakistan. It really does seem this will be a really strong season and I'm especially excited to have AJ and Paget back.

Does anyone know any good fanfic writers for CM? I keep looking for good stories and the writing is just sad. If it's Hotch/Prentiss all the better :). If anyone has any suggestions please PM me. Thanks!! :)

Mandy Pantikin (sp?) has a new series. Mandy, who played Jason Gideon in the first few seasons of Criminal Minds will appear in a new series on Showtime next month. The show is called Homeland. Just thought I'd let everyone know for those who would like to watch it. :)

So I have mixed feelings about the premier. I liked it, I did. The team back together is awesome! I liked that Strauss was there during the whole thing and that she was a bit more supportive than in the past. Really, really enjoyed the scene in the hallway between JJ and Prentiss, that was really nice. However, there was something...off. I can't say exactly what it was but I think it had something to do with the performances. Especially when Emily walked in and they saw her for the first time. Then at the end again when she told Strauss she'd think about joining the team and then said yes. Those two scenes felt strange to me. Maybe it's just me and they were just fine but IDK. Also, Hotch looked so much older and thinner. I was quite shocked by that. Emily's shirt bugged me a lot too. But those are just small details that really don't matter. Overall it was a good episode.

To me, last night was more an episode with the Criminal Minds characters in it, than a Criminal Minds episode. Of course, being struck with a bad reaction to a flu shot just in time to ruin the two season openers I was most looking forward to might explain my reaction.

Well,I liked it but mainly becouse we can put the Doyle storyline to rest.I am interested to see how Morgan and Hotch will react from now on but I want them back to catch serial killers every week.

It's so nice to have the WHOLE team back together!:):)

What an amazing episode! It was awesome to have the whole team back together. I loved how they handled everything in the episode from how Doyle was dealt with, how they were brought back as a team and how they are reacting to Emily's return. I am glad it was not like "oh well she's back", they are angry and sad and confused. It makes it more real. I loved the scene with Emily asking JJ about Ashley Seaver. It was nice to see Garcia/Morgan banter, Rossi and Strauss banter. I kind of liked Hotch with the beard. I like how he said that Jack did not like it. I can't wait for the next episode.

So good to see the opening credits back the way they should be!

Good episode. LIked how they wrapped up the Doyle storyline. Very nicely done.

So good to see the opening credits back the way they should be!

Good episode. LIked how they wrapped up the Doyle storyline. Very nicely done.

Ditto about the credits ;). It took me by surprised that they brought Prentiss back while Doyle was still alive. Not only that but they even let him know she was alive. I always thought that they would bring Emily back only after Doyle was dead. So that was a twist for me.

Oh and I LOVED how Reid had this edgy side to him along the episode. Especially when he he was in front of the senate committee and said "and it's Doctor". I was like GO REID!!

That was really intense, and I liked it very much!
There is definitely more sh*t to come with Morgan and Reid :p
I was a little startled at how quick Reid jumped in to the briefing after Emily's return, but they are professionals after all. They'll obviously deal with some issues later, but I think they'll deal with it correctly. The girl talk was great, and it's so good to see them all back together. I'm excited for the next episodes!

hiphugger17 said:
Oh and I LOVED how Reid had this edgy side to him along the episode. Especially when he he was in front of the senate committee and said "and it's Doctor". I was like GO REID!!
ETA: Just saw your post, thanks for reminding me how much I loved that part! :lol:

From TV Guide:

Today's News:
A.J. Cook: It Makes Sense for JJ to Become a Profiler

And also - from MegaBuzz:
Are JJ and Will still together on Criminal Minds? — Lisa

ADAM: You all want to know what she meant by "It's a long story," right? The good news: She and her baby-daddy are still together. The better news: We will see Will — and Henry! — in this season's seventh episode. "We see a little more into what JJ has been up to since she was gone, how that's affected her personal life, especially now that she's back [in the BAU] in the field with crazy hours," A.J. Cook tells us. "And [Henry's] getting older, so it's harder."

She wants to get beat-up! :wtf:
Like the fact that her real-life son is going to play her son on the show. :)

Susan

Love the looks shared between JJ and Reid when she says about the unsub "instead of expressing it, he's acting out".

Ooh... Reid just called her Jennifer. I don't think he's ever called her anything but JJ before. I guess I can understand his anger if he went over to her house several days in tears. But, I want this anger to end soon. I love their friendship.

Emily to Morgan: You carried my coffin.
Morgan: I sure did. What was in that thing anyway?

Rossi had an inkling. I figured that much. He acted like he sort of knew.

I think that red headed woman in the blue shirt was in that episode of CSI called "Big Middle". It looks like her anyway.

Oh don't tell me he's gonna try to hurt his niece now.

Love the plane scene with Emily and Reid.

Why would that guy want to watch the tape of his daughter being tortured?

Rossi cooking with the whole team there. "Just like a family". :)

Last edited:
Back