Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

As far as the injury goes, it would be continuity. He could reinjure his back without being paralyzed or shot again. As far as screwing up, it would be continuity because they've never shown him to have matured, they just expected everyone to believe he magically did because he got married and had a kid. Not liking supervising people is a very valid reason for going back to the lab. Not everyone is cut out to be a leader. Also, missing the science is a valid reason.

As far as DL fans wanting to see drama, I don't think that's true at all. They want something to happen to bring Danny back to the lab so he can be around Lindsay all the time and if it has to do with him missing being around her all the time that's even better. There's a huge difference, IMO, between wanting drama and wanting a storyline where Danny gives his career advancement up for his boo because they aren't together enough.

The fact that TPTB has made everything about DL to this point isn't a good enough reason for me to "just deal with it." I can always expect and hope for more.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Wait, what season of True Blood was this Courtney Ford in? I've only seen the first three... and the only other love interest Bill had aside from Sookie was the lady vamp who turned him... and while I don't remember her name, I'm pretty sure it wasn't Portia lol. So, this must be one in Season 4, right? I don't have HBO so I can't watch the show until Netflix has the season dvds lol, so I'm always at least one season behind lol.

3. CSIaholic

CSIaholic Dead on Arrival

Okay, you may not think it's true, but that doesn't mean that it's not. You are not a DL fan, you don't go on DL fansites and have discussions with other DL fans so how would you know what we want? You're making assumptions.

And its really annoying how you're making it seem like we don't care what they do, as long as Danny and Lindsay are together. I never said that I wanted Danny to give up his promotion because he and Lindsay aren't together enough. Why would I want Danny to give up his promotion? I am happy for Danny. But like I said before, its really hard to write Danny in the show if he's not working on the cases. Danny is my favorite character. I want to see him on the show, whether he's with Lindsay, Flack, Jo, Hawkes or any of the other characters.

4. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

They're filming at Brooklyn Wall Of Remembrance on Monday?! Monday the 15th? I'm in Massachusetts, it's REALLY tempting to go up there and see if I can catch it.

Anyone have info on the exact times?

5. PerfectAnomaly

I was talking DL fans in general based on what I've seen (which doesn't include DL fansites because they are all members only and don't allow people who don't like DL) because you were talking about DL fans in general.

6. CSIaholic

What does that have to do with anything? The point is that you can't just act like you know what DL fans want when you are not a DL fan yourself.

And why would DL fansites allow people who don't like DL? It's a DL fansite. It's for fans who like DL.

I am just saying that we know that the show does not revolve DL. We do watch the show for other reasons than just to watch Danny and Lindsay (shocking, right? :eek:). You act like we don't care what happens as long as DL are together all the time and that is not true even though, based on what you have been saying, you seem to think that it is.

7. PerfectAnomaly

Back on topic . . .

I'm curious to see how the guest stars do this season. Last season they got a lot of big names, but so far this season I don't really know the guest stars so it'll be interesting to see if they're any good. They can't be worse than some of the past stunt casting (Kim Kardashian, etal.)

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm with CSIaholic. We aren't all that way, and it's not good to generalize.

As for the guest stars, I do hope they get some real talent. I loved it when Ed Asner guested. Still wish he'd gotten the Emmy. Many of the recent guest stars don't stick in my mind much.

*wants to know about the fansites but is gonna have to wait 'til she can PM CSIaholic*

9. CSIaholic

I absolutely LOVED Ed Asner. He is definitely one of my favorite guest stars. If the guest stars this season do as well as he did, then I'll be happy :) But then again, they'd need a really powerful episode to get the chance to shine as much as he did...

Anyway, I just want guest stars who can act. If they can't, it is really distracting and takes away from the show.

*is sorry that MacsGirlMel can't PM me yet*

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Jeananne Goossen has been cast to play Officer Lauren Cooper (formerly Chambers):

I hope this isn't a sign that Danny's stint as Sergeant will be over by episode 5 - not that this casting news can be used to infer much beyond the fact that the character only has a small role, but I'm just saying. I'm waiting for this to turn into a '10%---->walking in four episodes' thing again.

11. MS1213

MS1213 Hit and Run

Thanks Faylinn

I am now starting to think maybe I was wrong about them killing off a rookie.

Pam said it would take a while before Danny considered going back to the lab.
    If that's the case why is his new partner only appearing in two episodes? Hmmm.

I have seen people here suggest Danny "get it on with the Rookie". Now I wonder, did they suggest that because they think a cheating storyline would be great character development for Danny? Or did they suggest it because they want a reason for Danny NOT to be with Lindsay? How is people wanting that to happen any different to some D/L fans wanting something to happen so Danny goes back to the lab?

I also want to add that Danny sleeping with or starting something with a Rookie could also cause Danny to give up his career advancement and not by choice. Because I am pretty sure sleeping with a Rookie when you're their Sergeant/Boss would be frowned upon in the NYPD and could be a cause for dismissal or in the very least you would probably be demoted.​

12. PerfectAnomaly

I personally haven't seen anyone suggest Danny "get it on with the Rookie" here. As far as Danny being demoted for having an affair, it would be a way to get him back in the lab and it would cause "drama" that so many people claim to want to see between DL. ;)

I personally wouldn't want to see that because it would just villanize Danny. Yeah, I want Danny and Lindsay to break up, but not at the further expense of Danny's character. I'd love to see the rookie become a recurring character (it's possible, AJ Buckley was only scheduled for, what, one episode?) and she and Danny become friends because realistically you can be friends with a member of the opposite sex even if you're married.

I just want a good story that doesn't revolve around DL as a couple. Yes, I know, there will be DL moments as they are married and any decision Danny makes has an impact on Lindsay and Lucy. But to me having it be about DL aren't spending enough time together and can't make different shifts and not working on the same team work for their family is the boring way to go and says that there is nothing to Danny and Lindsay except DL.

ETA: I said Veasey saying, "It takes a while" for Danny to return to the lab meant 4 episodes. I guess I was off by one. :p :rolleyes:

ETA2: I'm glad the actress playing the rookie isn't a fair skinned blonde. For some reason that's what I was expecting.

13. CSIaholic

Really? Its been suggested.

...anyway...Danny getting demoted for having an affair? Why would we want that kind of drama? It would ruin Danny's character and break up DL, which we do not want.

I agree.

Well, I agree with everything except for the whole wanting Danny and Lindsay to break up part of course.

14. PerfectAnomaly

OK, so I missed that one comment by that one poster. That hardly makes it true that in general people who don't like DL want Danny to "hook up" with the rookie, which is what was suggested.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I wonder why they changed the rookie's last name from Chambers to Cooper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.