Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

Just as I experienced a touch of excitement regarding CSI: NY's season eight because of Danny's promotion, all that Danny/Lindsay garbage has to surface and be in the focus again.

On the other hand, this would be a perfect opportunity to have Danny hook up with the hot rookie and finally get his boring country wife out of the picture for good. Yeah, I know it's never gonna happen but a girl can dream.

2. CSIaholic

CSIaholic Dead on Arrival

Honestly, I'll be glad if Danny comes back to the lab. Danny is my favorite character and (as glad as I am about his promotion...we'll get an awesome Danny ep :)) if he's supervising cops, then unless its a Danny centric ep, he's gonna get like zero screentime. There's only so many ways that they can write him in the show if he's not actively involved in the cases. I think that the screentime that he would get would just be screentime that they take away from Flack. And Flack barely gets enough screentime as is. :(

Oh, and I would give up my promotion too if it meant that I barely saw my wife (well...husband since I am a female). My marriage would mean more to me than my job. That's just how I feel.

And you guys get so upset that Danny and Lindsay's storylines...nevermind, Lindsay never gets her own storylines :rolleyes:...you get so upset that whenever Danny gets a storyline, its connected to Lindsay in some way, but guess what? THEY'RE MARRIED. Every choice that they make affects each other. That's just how it works.

3. Sarah

Sarah Victim

I agree with you and I am a Danny and Lindsay fan too, but everyone has their likes and dislikes and I respect that.

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

They're married, yes. That doesn't mean EVERYTHING about each other's lives has an effect/affect on the other person. Danny can go through some stuff at work without it being about DL. Danny can even go through some stuff in his personal life without it being about DL. Being married means they may talk about stuff that happens at work or in their lives (with friends, for example) but it doesn't mean that every little thing about Danny needs to have a connection to or an impact on Lindsay.

5. MS1213

MS1213 Hit and Run

The spoiler mentions them being like ships passing in the night, so I am guessing that means they don't see much of each other. Danny's promotion means he has more responsibility, which probably means he works longer hours which is going to have a HUGE affect on them as a family, more than likely reducing the time Danny gets to spend with Lucy as well as Lindsay. I can most definitely see things getting to a point where Danny has to make a decision about whether the promotion is worth all the sacrifices. To me there is nothing wrong with showing that on screen. Its actually a pretty realistic situation IMO.

6. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

I'm so with you on this one.

7. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Danny having a promotion was a sort of closure in the case csi ny ends at the end of season 7
    As we have a season 8, they have to find a way to bring back danny in the lab, as this show is about Scene crime and the lab.
    So use his family is a good way to do it.

you don't like DL !!! OK but fact is : when you are married and have a little girl to raise you want to be there for them and don't want to miss somes moments which never come again. (that's for the real life ok, but maybe some writters knows that because they are parents too ;))

It was the same in Miami Wolf and Delko was apart for a time and come back : even if for Delko, it was because he left the show and it was a little complicated to manage his return, they find a way to have him back in the lab

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I have to say that I'm really glad to hear that they are not SORAS-ing Lucy... because usually when shows do that with kids, its so they can create more drama that is not needed lol.

Is it my imagination, or have there not been any spoilers about Flack yet?

9. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Are you watching the same CSI: Miami I'm watching? Since when are Delko & Wolfe *together* ;) (other than some Slash fanfics out there)? :confused:

It'll be nice to see Lucy again, and not aged 10 years practically overnight. Other than Danny/Lindsay, are there any other news about Mac, Jo, Don, Sheldon, Sid, etc.?

10. PerfectAnomaly

People are cops and parents all the time and make it work. It's also ridiculous that DL have to go from conjoined twins to "ships passing in the night" and Danny has to give up his promotion. Couples make working different shifts and different jobs work all the time even if they have kids. I get it. It's a TV show and they have to bring teh dramaz. There are just better ways to bring drama than with "OMG! HOW WILL DL SURVIVE WITHOUT WORKING TOGETHER AND LIVING TOGETHER??" "DANNY MUST RETURN TO THE LAB SO HE AND HIS BOO CAN STAY MARRIED AND BE HAPPY AND IN TRUE LOVE AND STUFF!" To me that approach is far more unrealistic than showing them working through the changes and making them work for their family.

Also, Danny DOESN'T have to be in the lab to make the show work. Last time I checked Flack didn't work in the lab.

ETA: There have been no spoilers for Flack. Hopefully he'll get his due after the DL crap is finished. I'm assuming "it takes awhile" means Danny will be back in the lab by episode four. :p

ETA2: I'm pretty sure Messers fan meant that both Delko and Wolfe had jobs outside the lab at one point but ended up returning.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I don't think it's crap or garbage. It's good stuff. I like the way they're doing it, I agree that it's pretty realistic. In real life, things go both ways...some can work through things and some don't and have to make sacrifices. It could go either way, and I'm okay with either outcome. I only ask that they don't overrun the entire ep with it...I love the ship, but I don't want entire eps focusing on it.

I can also understand wanting separate character development...that's been their one shortcoming all along IMO. Give them a few together scenes here and there but don't totally do away with developing them each on their own.

And yay for not skipping. I hated when CSI appeared to do that with the other Lindsey. (I'm used to extreme skips being an Angel fan, but when your show doesn't have magic and dimensions with speeded up time, kids' ages shouldn't be skipped ahead)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  12. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

of course that's what I meant thank's perfect anomaly;)

13. CSIaholic

CSIaholic Dead on Arrival

Okay, you're right and I agree with you.

But Danny's promotion DOES have an impact on Lindsay because it means that she doesn't get to see her husband as much. Like I said before, IMO your marriage means more than your job. I would not want my husband and I to be like "ships passing in the night". Why would anybody want that? And yes, it sucks that Danny would have to give up his promotion but at least he'd have an awesome job that he loves to go back to. And he'd get to see his wife more.

And like MS1213 said, his promotion would also mean that he would see Lucy less. I don't know about you, but I am sure that Lucy would want to spend time with her father and vice versa. Especially at her age.

And...I agree with all of you who are saying that they need separate character development. Lindsay especially.

Yeah, but Flack is a homicide detective. He is actively involved in the cases.

Why do you keep making it seem like all DL fans talk like this? You're being very condescending and it’s kind of rude. Just saying.

14. PerfectAnomaly

Where did I say all DL fans talked like that? I'm saying that's what TPTB are doing. Reducing a potentially interesting story line to being all about relationship drama, which I happen to find ridiculous.

15. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

You are not alone with that point of view.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.