I Have An "LV" Episode/Character Question *NO Spoilers* P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 2, 2009.

1. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I think it was a personal car in A La Cart

And we also saw the Mercedes in Pirates of the Third Reich

ETA: And Formalities too

2. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Question/Nitpick: If Grissom wasn't promoted to Supervisor until episode 2, why in episode 1 does he introduce himself to Holly as "Your supervisor on Grave"?

3. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I believe he was the assistant supervisor to Brass. A role he possibly shared with Catherine. (His promotion irked Catherine, which leads me to think she could have also been eligible for the position.)

The way I always read that relationship then - since we only got a quick glance before the shake-up of episode 2 - was that while Brass was the supervisor, he mainly handled the administrative aspect of the role. He wasn't a scientist nor a CSI. Grissom appeared to be the one who handled the field aspect of it. So in terms of taking someone new, like Holly, out into the field, he was the direct supervisor. Does that make sense?

4. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Ah, that does clear things up, it also explains why Catherine was a bit miffed when Grissom was made Supervisor. Thanks Praetor :D

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I know in the second episode when Brass was moved, he told Grissom that they wanted him (Gil) to "head the unit"....almost sounds like Brass was lab director and they gave it to Grissom. I'm sure there were a lot of logistics early on that worked themselves out later in different ways tho. :)

6. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I find it interesting that people saw Catherine as being upset that Gil got the job. I saw it as more of her questioning the decision to just have a member of the CSI team take the reigns of the lab/CSIs instead of bringing in someone new to the position of "overseer & paper pusher". In a sense, they "downsized" the lab by just combining Brass' & Gil's positions. Catherine knowing how singly science-minded Gil could be, would obviously be surprised at him taking part of an administrator role.

7. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Thanks for the extra info on Grissom's car Sharp!
    I didn't realize it was that old. :lol:

8. Poirot

Poirot Victim

Blast from the past question: in one of the episodes Warrick and Nick are talking about serial killers and Nick mentions the low probability/% of female ones

Warrick then tells Sara (who was the original source of the info) that their killer might be a woman

Any guesses?

Edit: Oops, just answered my own question. Sorry

I can't believe that I mixed up arson and murder

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  9. byline

byline CSI Level One

I got the impression she was upset more on a personal level (but justified it by by citing legitimate professional concerns). I seem to recall her telling Grissom that she was far more capable of doing his job than he was, due mainly to what you pointed out earlier, that Grissom is so single-minded, far more a scientist than an administrator. I think Catherine has always felt that she had better management skills than Grissom, and to some extent she's right, but I also think that, as happens with many in positions of leadership, circumstances can play a huge role in success (or the lack thereof).

10. shigg66

shigg66 Dead on Arrival

Hi, I've just watched S12 E1, throughly enjoyed it.The last episode I saw was Langston face to face with Haskill(hope thats spelt properly)and Langston's ex was a hostage,was that the season 11 finale or have I missed an episode?

11. Smokey

I honestly can't remember how the second to last episode of Season 11 ended, so you may have watched the last one or the second to last one. In the finale, Ray actually killed Haskell.

Hope that helps! :)

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

That would be "Cello and Goodbye" from season 11.

13. Biomeka

Biomeka Hit and Run

Can somone tell me which episode this is *spoilers*

What is the one where Catherine's dad gives her some money but she doesn't want to take it because it might seem like a bribe (I think they were investigating him at the time)?

14. Smokey

Re: Can somone tell me which episode this is *spoilers*

Hey, Biomeka! :) You ask some pretty good questions. What you might want to do instead of opening a thread for each one is go ahead and put them in the "I Have an LV Question" thread. Lots of people who read it can probably answer most questions. :)

I'm going to go ahead and merge this one into that one.

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Re: Can somone tell me which episode this is *spoilers*

I believe the episode you are referring to is "Jackpot" from season four.