The Last Movie You Saw - Thread 4

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, May 4, 2010.

1. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I watched this again last night and i just loved it and the part where the two guys fainted when Paul appeared had me in stitches

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Harry Potter part 2.It was good but somehow I enjoyed more the first part.

3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Manhunter this is a movie about Hannibal Lecter, the one that stars William Petersen. This is hands down my favorite in the series, I enjoyed this one better than any of the newer ones.

4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Just saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 last night. I thought it was awesome!

I can't believe the movies are over...):

5. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

I saw it last night too! :)

I totally agree with what you said. Can't believe it's all over :(

6. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I saw it last Saturday, and really enjoyed it too! Couple of things I would have changed if I could, but otherwise, actually kind of sad to have all of them over now. Watching those kids grow up was sort of like watching my own. My son's age paralleled Harry's in the book (and movies) as we were reading them, so it's definitely bittersweet. I'm so glad that they managed to keep all of the kids for the entire series! At one point I remember everyone being scared that Daniel (and everyone else) would outgrow the role before they were all filmed, but I'm thankful that it worked out the way it did. It would never have been the same (to me at least) to change Harrys part way through.

7. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Just saw Captain America.....odd way to end the movie but I guess I understand it since The Avengers will probably pick up where this one ended

And pardon my fan girl moment but dang Chris Evans is gorgeous :drool:

8. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ Uh yeah, I just saw Captain America too... To be honest, I'm not really a fan of the time period, and while I love comic book hero movies, Captain America always seemed too squeaky clean for me- I'm more of a Wolverine kinda gal. Anyway, I basically only went because I find Chris Evans irresistable! :lol: And boy am I glad I did. He really made me like Captain A- still a "good guy" but with a slight edge and gleam in his eye that really made the character more interesting. Evans did a wicked job with the backstory scenes as well- he seriously really made me care about this guy, so kudos to him for that. Clearly he's not just another pretty face.

In addition, I absolutely adore Stanley Tucci, and he did not disappoint in this film. The man can do no wrong. The whole supporting cast is strong- Haley Atwell was awesome, and the role was pretty much made for Tommy Lee Jones, so he of course was amazing as well. Basically, I'd say this was my favourite "Avenger" movie after the original Iron Man film. Entertaining, good dialogue, and good characters. If you're into the Marvel universe even slightly, I'd totally recommend checking this film out and soon. I went with a friend who liked Iron Man, but is not really a fan of this movie genre usually, and she really, really liked this one.

Now I REALLY can't wait for "The Avengers" coming out in May of 2012. :)

Also, here's a question for Avengers fans...
    That shiny power source cube thingy- that seemed to open up the pathway to Asgaard, aka the home of Thor... I'm thinking this is how we will be seeing Thor again in The Avengers next May? Has me wondering if the Red Skull was actually killed or just pulled up to Asgaard, as well.

9. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Herbie Fully Loaded - The love but and i just loved the whole film and i must watch it again soon as i love the bug

10. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Bridesmaids and it was brilliant. I hadn't ben to the pictures for over a year but I was so glad I did because it was excellent fun. Great girlie film.

11. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

Mar Adentro (The Sea Inside)- A spanish movie with Javier Barden.
    It's based on the real life of a quadriplegic man who fought the court for 30 years for his right to die. It's a very touching story that doesn't leave you indifferent, but not as sad as one might think.

12. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Ransom - A great film with Gary Sinise and i laughed for most of it and the swearing from Gary made me laugh

13. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

I remember seeing Paul Guilfoyle in Ransom. I wonder if the two CSI actors are friends who decided to have solid careers in the CSI franchise. At first, Gary scared me. Now he is my favorite actor, and I truly love that he is dedicated to associating with and helping out our troops and their families, as I have two younger brothers in the Air Force.

The film Recount was alright, though not one that I would watch again. I am actually glad with how it had turned out in the end. Without giving away too much, throughout the film just shows the actions of the Democratic Goreites and the measures that they tried to take in order to get what they want, otherwise resorting to regression and violent behavior. Heaven forbid how America would turn out had Gore won, given that his wife co-founded an organization to slap labels on records and WRITTEN LYRICS, while movies continue to display SCENES of sex and violence, which is worse that words on a record. Among other kinds of hypocrisy which can mirror Clinton's "competence" during the 1990s, i.e. screwing interns. However, I could've asked for a better President than Bush, but I am actually glad that he won.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  14. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

The Human Stain - Another film with Gary Sinise and i loved this one too as it had snow which i love and i'll have to get this on dvd now just like i did with Ransom..

15. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Saw Captain America last week, it and Pirates of the Carribbean are my favorite movies of the summer

Chris Evans is :drool:

Oh and make sure you stay for after the credits to see the Avengers trailer ;)