Your option on Discovery Channel's series?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Guest, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

What is your feelings on Discovery Channel's series? I think some of them are good, like MythBusters and Deadliest Catch, but I think some of them are on their last leg and should be canned, American Chopper.

2. WolfeSanders

WolfeSanders CSI Level One

I like The FBI Files. I don't know if that counts for anything.

I don't really watch too many shows on there, but I have seen MythBusters where they put mentos into diet coke. That was pretty cool, who knew right?

Well I think they're shows are pretty good. For the most part.

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Ok, I am digging old thread up :p Just too lazy to start a new one.

because I was too embarassed to start a thread for Deadliest Catch only ;)

So erm, anyone watching Deadliest Catch? Or any other show on Discovery Channel?

I became Deadliest Catch addict this spring. Watch it on DC, watch it on one Finnish channel [which I never understood why they use different translation of the show's name than DC]. Also, I don't like the European narrator, I like Mike Rowe more [thankfully our TV has bought the US version]

What else on DC.. MythBusters sometimes, then that Morgan Freeman Wormholewhatever :p Dirty Jobs \o/

And I think combined with Animal Planet, one of those channels that I watch most.

4. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Hmm...that's a good question. Discovery Channel seems to be developing into a "men's channel" because everytime I look there's a show about choppers and men working on choppers. :lol:
    Lately, I've been obsessed with Whale Wars on Animal Planet so, no, I haven't seen Deadliest Catch, Ducky.

5. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I'd have to say for certain that my favorite is MythBusters.

6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I like the Discovery Science channel a lot.

7. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Ooh, I've only seen Deadliest Catch a few times but it's surprisingly good. I think they're old episodes now, but the first ones I saw of Deadliest Catch were when one of the kids of the captain on one of the ships told his dad he was an addict, because his dad caught him stealing his pain pills. And then a few episodes later his dad has something happen to him, and sadly I think he ends up dying. :( I don't watch it a ton but when I do it's pretty good.

I really like Cash Cab too (which is the one in Toronto, since I'm from Canada) and MythBusters is always good.

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Ah yes ^^ on Cornelia Marie Jake is an addict, because he goes later on to rehab (smokes weed while out at sea) and his father, captain of the boat Phil, dies during the 6th season.. Jan '10. He had heart problems earlier.

As for "men's channel" I agree... but then again, for example, Deadliest Catch is shown here by channel JIM (which is also "men's channel") and I do watch them a lot since there's fishing shows or some cool storm documents etc. :p oohoh! Extreme Fishing \o/ ..it is DC's series, right?

9. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I liked MyhBusters a lot but lately I noticed that the myths they were testing would have predictable (obvious) result. Testing Hollywood myths were fun at first but it has gotten old. It's Hollywood. Most stunts are fake. The show is out of ideas?

I like Man vs. Wild too. I thought some things Bear did were hilarious!

I also like Surviving the Cut. I've always wanted to be part of the military. I participated in a training when I was in high school. I finished it but decided not to continue it in college. My body just gave up!

I liked Time Warp too! Too bad no more new episodes. Only repeats on Science Channel

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011