Sela/Jo Thread #1 "I'm Jo Danville. I didn't do it."

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I hope we see a lot of Jo in the last 2 episodes, when I heard Sela was replacing Melina I was very anti-Danville, but from the moment I saw her I've loved her character, another actress wouldn't have been able to pull off such a smooth transition and quickly become a fan-favorite (look at the disaster that was the Billy-Larry transition on "CSI")

I hope she sticks with the show until the end, she's definitely one of my favorite characters already!

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I agree. I was very concerned when I read Melina left because she was a fave of mine along with Flack. But then I heard that Sela was replacing her and thought that was a pretty decent choice. After seeing her onscreen I was absolutely convinced that she was my new fave. I even like Mac much more because of her. Not that I disliked him but he was just "there" for me. Now I enjoy his interactions with Jo so much and think that his character is more fun to watch because of her. That scene between Flack, Jo, and Mac on Friday's episode was so much fun to watch. Those three together play off each other so well.

I really wish there is a season 8 because I'm enjoying the show a lot and I think there's so much more they can still develop with Jo.

3. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

I don't think this has ever been posted here, so here goes. When Sela Ward and Gary Sinise both were awarded a CableACE Award in 1996. Sweet.

[​IMG]

4. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

they're so cute together :luvlove:, I bet they never thought they'd be headlining the best show in the CSI franchise 15 years later.

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Nice :). Foreshadowing lol. That's a great pic of them :).

6. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/csi_sela_juCROhLFbUv3MlblsBMk7H#ixzz1LkjkihO0

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thanks for article

8. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

While I still have some mental debris over last year, with the show surviving to Season 8, I plan on giving Sela/Jo a much bigger chance this fall. I'm really glad they chose someone like Sela Ward over some under-30 actress for the sake of youth obsession.

Looking back on it now, I see their choice of Ward as defying the obsession with younger actresses and I think they made a great choice doing so.

It's unlikely I'll ever connect to Jo as a character, the way I was a giant Stella/Melina fan but I hope TPTB do not flush Jo down the toilet the way they ruined Stella's character.

9. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

10. LoveSela

LoveSela Dead on Arrival

^hahaha I run that Tumblr. I have more of those candids with Hill Harper, if you'd like me to post them.

Yesterday was Sela's birthday. :)

11. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

please, do post (;

12. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

Sela is so beautiful :)

13. LoveSela

LoveSela Dead on Arrival

Sela is very beautiful!

Click the thumbnails. Credit to the original photographer. (I don't remember where I found them...sorry)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Those are all great. Thank you so much for posting them. I'm so excited for the new season. I really wanted at least one more year of Sela/Jo because one season was definitely not enough :).

15. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

thank you so much!