**Season 10 Spoiler Lab - Bienvenido a Miami!**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I would say it does matter to some people on this forum since it was such a huge issue that Eric went to Calleigh first when they all went down in last season's premier.

2. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I did say it tongue in cheek! (Though I wouldn't leave him for Natalia...)

3. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

No, it doesn't matter as much as HOW they are rescued, specifically, Natalia's miraculous escape from the trunk. But I would like to see Renee there with H.

I wouldn't leave Horatio for anybody...

4. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

Well, I assume more than one CSI will arrive at the scene. Once they find H (and if he's concious to tell them where Natalia is) - then one or two will stay with H while the others go help Natalia.

Have to say, I'd leave H for Nat :S I'm more of a Natter fan than a H fan :)

5. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I noticed, lol. But whatever way it goes down, the important thing is we finally know 100% that H and Nat are all right :)

6. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

So according to the preliminary details in the article at right, Horatio takes a bullet to the abdomen but can still storm a spa with Eric? It says that Countermeasures picks up where Mayday left off, but it almost sounds like they're jumping ahead a bit after their ordeal. I really hope not, I think the viewers deserve a little more than just a brushoff after hanging on a cliffhanger this long. Actually, thats not the only thing confusing me. Didn't Randy say his kids were already split up with two different families? Well its still really early, things will more than likely change. They usually do.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Here's the spoiler report for the premiere. Speaking of which:

I would have given some details about exactly what goes down at the beginning, but I had to be vague because there just wasn't anything to share. Spoilers don't always tell about the beginning of an episode, and in this case we probably won't know until September exactly how they're both rescued.

I did think it was odd that Horatio would be going after suspects after being shot, but there's nothing to indicate that the episode skips forward in time. In fact, I said it picks up where "Mayday" left off, but I honestly don't know for sure. It seems like the most likely scenario, though - I can't imagine they'd just sit around waiting for Horatio to heal before they go after Randy and Toller.

In any case, spoilers can always be misleading, and they're subject to change. I guess we'll see! :)

ETA: I don't know about the kids. I believe they bring them in because Randy is dangerous and on the loose, and they need Austin's help catching him. I guess we'll have to wait and see the episode to know the exact details.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Huh? I thought Eric went to Walter first and when he couldn't wake him, that's when he ran off calling out to Calleigh?

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Yes he did. One was in Boca Raton & the other in Fort Meyers. The ages are off also - in the finale, the judge stated the birthdates of both children; it's off by a few years (though that one I'd let pass).

I'd rather they have to hunt longer for Randy than Toller considering it was Randy who did the most damage to Horatio & Natalia in the finale.
    I can only hope there are changes made to the episode - so far the spoilers sound lame. I'd expect more for a premiere.

10. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Sounds like Horatio once again fakes getting shot (because he knew ahead of time that it was a setup). This doesn't quite explain why he didn't tell Natalia and put her life in danger.

11. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

While Horatio's behavior has been somewhat erratic since season 5, having him fake getting shot and then do nothing while Natalia is forced into the trunk of a car and driven off a pier would be the worst case of character destruction this show has ever perpetrated. And that's saying a lot because they've totally destroyed more than one character in the past.

Putting himself in danger is a whole different story than knowingly exposing a team member or an innocent person to danger he knows exists and not telling them or taking steps to ensure their safety if walking into a situation he knows to be extremely dangerous. That's something I just cannot believe Horatio would do ... even though what TPTB have done to Horatio in the past 4 seasons has, at times, sorely tested my patience with this character.

I'm sincerely hoping that there is much more to Horatio and Natalia's rescure and subsequent recovery from their traumas. This show only seems to care about watching Eric and Calleigh recover from injuries - with whole episodes devoted to their numerous 'dramatic' injuries.

Poor Ryan was beaten to a pulp and we didn't even see a bandage. Natalia is caught in an explosion that leaves her with hearing issues that are rarely, if ever, mentioned and has been kidnapped and drugged with no follow through.

Horatio never gets so much as a scratch ... to the point where it's become a cosmic joke and leads to exactly what we are seeing now. All the different scenarios where it is possible that Horatio faked being shot again. TPTB have made it impossible for anyone to believe that Horatio can seriously be injured.

If Horatio "The Invincible" is truly injured this time, as it appears he was, we should be allowed to watch him deal with it. Because if he was truly injured ... this is an EPIC moment for this show and should be given the depth and attention it is due.

With Natalia - the emotional trauma alone of being locked in a confined, dark place with water rushing in deserves at least a couple of visits to a therapist.

There is a real chance for some serious, believable drama with the way Horatio and Natalia were left. I really hope TPTB don't miss this opporunity for some REAL heartfelt drama. In the past several seasons this show has become known for forced, over-the-top, soap opera drama. This would be a real opportunity to show right out of the gate that they are serious about making this show a serious contender again.

It is their track record from the past several seasons that leaves me fearing that a lot of us will feel cheated when the season premier is over.

12. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I know everyone's entitled to an opinion, but I can't believe anyone would think that was a faked shooting...

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I can't imagine this is another faked shooting - it's too ridiculous, even for TPTB. These details sound more fitting for a "part 2" to the premiere. They really suck. (no offence to Shane or Faylinn).

Great post, Delynn. Agree completely!

14. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

The only thing I'd like to add about H's recovery - and, let's face it, we're all pretty much guessing at this point - is that I can imagine him treating incapacity as a personal insult, and going back to work far too soon. For which he might well suffer.

15. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

I agree daisy, I still have hope in TPTB that they can pull off a brilleant premire. Season 9 was one of the greatest Miamian seasons. Therefore I have hope that the great storylines and writing will continue into Season 10.

The only conclusion I can come to is that Horatio will have a major life-or-death senario in the ER (like Eric when he was shot), be dramatically comatosed and then recover. The spa-storming seems to be at the end of the episode, so it might be possible that H could limp through the spa.

OR, he may not lose conciousness and jump out of the bed the second he is cleared.

What's startling me is the lack of mention of Natalia after surviving the car. :wtf: Either she's missing or comatosed, but it's scaring me. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.