The Best CSI Episodes

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by AFIS, Jun 14, 2011.

1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

The Unusual Suspect. :)

Was going to do worst but then I thought I should do best first. :lol:

1. Grave Danger (season 5) - Tarantino was so much better than the guy who did Cockroaches. I consider it one of the last very good "Team" episodes. I may be one of the few Nick fans who doesn't consider this a "Nick" episode. To me it is more of the team having to deal with Nick's kidnapping and how they found him.

2. Gumdrops (season 6) - Shows what can be done in a hurry. When Billy had to back out of it both the writers and George stepped up. And honestly, I think it turned out better than it would have originally.

3. Turn, Turn, Turn (season 9) - Not all stunt casting is doomed to fail. Thought Taylor Swift did a pretty good job and George was excellent. :) I loved the end even though I still think it should have been Catherine instead of Langston.

4. Stalker (season 2) - My first CSI episode. :lol: If it wasn't for the fact that I technically sleep in the attic I probably would have been checking it before bed. :wtf:

5. Redrum (season 7) - Didn't really like Catherine going behind the backs of the team but it did show that Nick can lead and the others will follow him.

Susan

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Wow this is going to be hard......

Hmm let me see.

1) A Bullet Runs Through It pt 1 and 2
    2) Slaves of Las Vegas
    3) If I had a Hammer
    4) A Thousand Days on Earth
    5) The Pilot

A Bullet Runs Through It was epic. THE BEST cops vs CSI episode to date. Loved how every one had a role to play and the cops and the CSI's were on the same side when dealing with the community.

Slaves of Las Vegas. Two words; Lady Heather. I've loved just about every episode she's been in. This one was my favorite. Loved how she made Grissom squirm from the onset. ;)

If I had a Hammer. One of the better Catherine episodes. She wasn't emotional or bitchy. She was the supervisor and did her job.

A Thousand Days on Earth. Loved this one too. This time Catherine was emotional but not overly so. She had a great balance of following the evidence vs her own feelings about the missing little girl. It was a tear jerker.

The Pilot. Started the whole CSI phenomenon off. What's not to like about that.

Some honorable mentions if I could;

Gum Drops, Art Imitates Life, Let it Bleed, Hog Heaven, Hollywood Brass, The Finger, and Grave Danger 1 and 2.

3. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Nope. No character bias here. :p ;)

4. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Who me? :p

If I was really being character biased here I would have included episodes like Snakes, Poppin' Tags, Drops Out, For Warrick & Lost and Found. :D

If I'd gone more than 5 you would have had things like Appendicitement & No Way Out next.

Like is said, Stalker was my very first CSI episode. I can't help that it was sorta Nick centered. And I've always though that Grave Danger was much more about the team having to find Nick than about Nick.

Susan

5. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I saw The Finger for the first time earlier.

Have to say I can't believe I'd missed it out before, I'd definitely add that to my top 10 favourite episodes. I love that although this was a Catherine-centric episode, the entire team was involved in the investigation. The whole episode was well written, tense, different and unexpected and I also got a mini shock from the parrot. :lol:

*sigh*They just don't write them like they used to. :rolleyes:

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yeah, and there's nothing like being on a date and one of your co-workers puts a glass in front of you full of ice with a severed finger in it. :lol:

7. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

So you do know how to have a good time! Call me! ;)

8. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Too funny! At least it was a finger :lol:

Reminds me of when CSI NY had the crow/raven or whatever drop an eyeball into either Mac or Stella's glass at a cafe, and then this year NCIS had a frozen eyeball put into a drink served to Tony at a bar. Used much? :shifty:

I'm going to have to come back when I've thought out my list for this thread. It will be harder for me to do this one than the Worst Eps thread.:p

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I'm such a worn out lazy ass right now but really wanted to chime in real quickly...

"The Accused Is Entitled" - I love this episode for so many reasons, but mainly because this episode accomplished what more recent seasons could not: balance. Whereas lately it seems the episodes have a more police approach to them (outweighing the forensic aspect), this episode cleverly crafted a story that was equally intriguing with its presentation of the investigation and inside the courtroom. Lately, if an episode has more time dedicated inside of a courtroom, it's most likely not going to involve very much forensics...

"Strip Strangler" - A real 'team' episode. The diner scene felt genuine and organic.

"Lady Heather's Box" - The first extended episode of a CSI and I wish it would have been even longer. A very satisfying episode for Catherine fans that truly delved into the deep emotional core of her character. Oh, and Lady Heather? Her moments with Gil still leave me wondering years later...

"Butterflied" - Some say this was a GSR episode, but I beg to disagree. At its roots this is really a Grissom/Catherine/Sara character-study and I absolutely admire David Rambo's approach by using his theater background.

"Gentle, Gentle" - This was my first episode I ever watched back in 2001. Grissom came across more composed and sturdy during previous crime scenes, but here you got to see him unravel and show that he does have weaknesses when it comes to working.

10. misscranberry

misscranberry Dead on Arrival

Here are some of my favourites that I can think of right now:

Redrum – I loooooved Liev Schreiber on CSI. They should have kept him on for more episodes. This one was so different and I loved the team interaction and Nick’s determination.

Empty Eyes – One of the episodes that I watch the most. I am not a Sarah Fan but I loved her in this episode and the bad guy was just creepy the way he looked at her at the hospital when it dawned on here that she was holding a killers hand.

Jackpot – Ahhh, Grissom at work. What a pleasure! I love his phone conversations with Catherine in this one.

Gum Drops – This episode is beautifully done. I love Nick being gentle and mad at the same time. The music and the camera work is brilliant in this episode.

Fallen Idols – I watch this episode a lot too. The storyline is tragic and just something that I could really picture happening – stupid pranks between teenagers going bad. I love the interrogation scenes with Nick in this episode.

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

This is tough to narrow down, but I thought I would just list some of the ones that I can watch over and over again:

Rashomama-one of the most entertaining with all the cast involved; this may actually be my all-time favorite.
    Dead Doll-after waiting all summer I just couldn't wait to see that Sara survived. I thought Jorja did an awesome job throughout. And, I just loved the end scene-no words needed. My only disappointment came soon after when Ausiello broke the news that Jorja was leaving. :(
    The Hunger Artist-Well written, a relevant topic, the whole team was involved, and I love watching Sara solve puzzles.
    Sex, Lies and Larvae-tough, passionate, science nerd Sara; and yeah, the pig scene. :)
    Empty Eyes-a tough case for Sara; dark, engrossing, with some nice GSR thrown in. And, Walter Goggins, the killer, has since been in several shows I like; he's terrific.

Honorable mention: Fallen Idols (I like episodes that incorporate a good song that fits the tone of the episode; I loved the opening and ending scenes with Evanescence. Poetic, and beautifully done.), House of Hoarders (well written, great cast chemistry and a relevant current topic), The Two Mrs. Grissoms (long awaited explanation of Grissom and Sara's marriage with Jorja in almost every scene. Loved it!), Butterflied (a pivotal, well written episode), Let the Seller Beware (Sara's case just really gets to me :(, and I liked Lockwood), Anatomy of a Lye ('I hate lawyers', too).

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  12. electra

electra Pathologist

I have too many so it's hard to name a few.First,"Grave Danger" and "For Warrick" becouse of the emotional impact.

Also, "What is eating Gilbert Grissom","Identitiy Crisis"( and all of the milander episodes) mainly becouse I like serial killer arcs .

"Lady Heather's Box" becouse Grissom and LH are just so good together.Inside the box","Built to Kill Part 1 and 2" and "The finger" becouse they are good Catherine episodes and she always rocks.

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I have to say that I don't think any epsode can ever beat "GRAVE DANGER" and George's stellar acting. I really thought he'd win an EMMY for his portrayal in this intense episode. Quentin Tarantino brought out the best acting from the whole cast in this episode:bolian:And I believe this was the all time highest rated episode, with like 27 million fans tuning in~

14. Katelyn Williams

Katelyn Williams Civilian

1. House of hoarders (11x05)
    2. Turn turn turn (9x16)
    3. Shooting stars (3x04)
    4. Forget me not (13x15)
    5. Code blue plate (13x02)

House of hoarders - I love nick and Sarah in this episode. Especially when they find the second body and they thought they wouldn't be surprised Ron find one more. Had how about a mass grave in the backyard!

Turn turn turn - I feel sorry for nick in this episode. The whole episode is hin remembering all the crimes he's worked at the same location over and over. Each time remembering Taylor swifts character.

Shooting stars - this episode is by far one of my most favourite. Following a train into an underground bunker to find 11 people dead, after commuting suicide. Could there be more?

Forget me not - this is one of the more creepier episodes. This features a famous stalker from a previous episode, of whom is he'll bent on getting Sara to look guilty of a murder she didn't commit.

Code blue plate - This episode is when I finally realise how cool Julie Finley is. When she works the blood analysis, trying to figure out who died first and how. It's just mind blowing to watch!

15. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

^ It's interesting that a majority of your list comes from the post-Gissom era of CSI! Forget Me Not may be one of my least favourite episodes of the series o_O

I've been re-watching some episodes recently, might give the entire series another go from the beginning soon. Season 7's miniature killer arc always gets me. It's incredible how well they handled a full season arc like that. I was always a GSR shipper so maybe that play into my enjoyment of season 7 (kind of the peak time for GSR) but this entire season was by far the best as a whole