Fishburne Says Goodbye To 'CSI'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I never really cared for him, but the character was half and half for me. I liked the character but couldn't stand that they gave him so much more to work with than the other characters that deserved a storyline more than him (my opinion). I didn't really care for him as an actor, instead of his early stuff in the late 80s early 90s.

2. schedius

schedius Victim

Trying to replace Grissom was a mistake, and now if they want to replace Fishburne I think they should hire someone younger than Nick & Sara not older. Regeneration and everything... Nick can be the supervisor when Catherine leaves.

Nick & Sara are in the same position as Grissom & Catherine 10 years ago, I mean come on career wise they should've been made supervisors by now...

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Nick is the Asst. Supervisor like Catherine was to Grissom.

Sara wouldn't be able to be supervisor given her history.

4. schedius

schedius Victim

True that.. not sure she even wants to be either.
    But Nick should be up for a promotion from assistant supervisor...
    And I agree with you, why can't George carry on the show? I like George.

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Bullpucky. Everyone on the team has a history. Catherine is supervisor and we all know the crap she's pulled throughout her tenure at LVPD.

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yes, but she wasn't insubordinate to two superiors and hasn't been suspended. ;)

7. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

No, she just used the lab for her own paternity test, which then let a possible murderer off the hook. :p As for suspension, Grissom was suspended in season 1, so does that mean he shouldn't have been supervisor for the eight years following? :lol:

I agree that Sara could be assistant supervisor. She's changed a lot in the past few years. Also remember, in the finale she was the only one who stayed objective and "followed the evidence" no matter where it might lead her.

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Catherine also took a check from Sam Braun after he was let off the hook, but it still looked bad for the lab. She interfered with Eddie's death (also threatening a witness/suspect). I love Catherine to death but by all means she hasn't been a complete angel during the series. ;)

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Wasn't Catherine suspended after she blew the lab up?

I think Nick and Sara could easily become the new 'Grissom and Catherine' if the actors wanted it. They have a similar relationship and work well off of each other.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I think Nick and Sara could do it. I like Sara (mostly without Grissom) these days, but Jorja would have to commit and be on the show full time. I wish she'd do that anyway. I hate all of this back and forth with actors that leave and then they are there sometimes. Might as well invest in a new, lesser known actor who will commit full time.

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Your the only poster on here that seems to have paid attention to the "I'm not going anywhere, and am having a great time", and ending this by saying "I LOVE IT". I can't imagaine what really happend behind the scenes, maybe eventually we will know, time will tell on this one:cool:. Also in the TV Guide issue dated May 30-June 5, Don McGill was saying "Will Langston ever be the same again after committing murder", meaning he would return to face the consequences of his actions. And how "the whole team will be there to tackle the dilemma" also as a reader meant he would be returning:confused: I did have a friend from Nevada call and in the local paper there, it said he was offered only "limited" episodes, and that was not accommodating to his agenda. That would also mean no pay for episodes he was not in. I was happy with his performances on the show and had absolutely NO complaints at all. I thought the show was on a higher level with his presence. How the whole team embraced him as one of their own and he back at them was scintillating, and charming and awesome. This is a sad state of affairs, as a big fan of his:(

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  12. v23474

v23474 Witness

When Laurence joined CSI I was very unsure, especially since he was arriving as the wonderful William Petersen was leaving but I've really grown to like Dr Ray.
    The element of CSI that spoiled it for me was the annoying Nate Haskell and I think that storyline was the undoing of Ray.
    Having said that, I wish Laurence all the very best and thank him for his time on the show...

13. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Never said she was an angel ;).

That's right she as suspended, but the person who didn't turn off the heat plate was the real person at fault for blowing up the lab, even if they never found out.

As for Sara, she was insubordinate to Ecklie and Catherine, not to mention walked off and left her job with no notice. That alone means she would never get hired back. And I still don't believe Ecklie called her to find someone. Just will never believe that no matter how many times they say it.

However, if Catherine leaves and Nick becomes Supervisor, he probably won't have an asst. Supervisor. No one is qualified for the job. Though Sara probably is more than anyone else below Nick.

In any case, Sara won't become the Asst. Supervisor as she doesn't commit for a full season ;)

14. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I always liked to believe that it was Hodges. :lol: :shifty:

This might be a position that a new character could fill. Brody, depending on her experience, or a if they bring in someone else. As long as they are established as an experienced CSI and not a newbie than I'll have no problem with this.

15. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I have to disagree, Catherine was Asst. Supervisor for years under Grissom and it was emphasised in Family Affair that she struggled without having one when she eventually became the boss. I'd disagree that nobody is qualified for the job, I could easily see Sara stepping into the role and possibly even Greg. Sara's certainly shown some leadership capability and with Ray gone, there's more of an opportunity for Greg to shine as well.

I'd prefer to see GE lead the show and not bring in another big name who will probably end up being another Langston. (Not that I hated the character, it was just the way TPTB wrote him.) Did they ever say how much experience Brody has? I could see her coming in as a Level 2 or 3 and then I wouldn't mind another newbie coming in when Marg leaves and having the rest of the team teach them the basics and properly this time.

If it's done right, I reckon Season 12 could easily be the best season of CSI for a long time, of course, I'm sure that's said almost every year. :p