Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #20- "Save Me From Myself"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Smokey, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Ok and i've almost finished the final pieces to mine and will email it afterwards and i think it's a good one well i hope so anyway

2. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

I've got a problem... I'm still working on my fic but I won't be able to finish it in time :( I'll at least need till Sunday to finish it.

Can I still join the challenge if I send the fic in tomorrow?

I hope so... I've tried real hard but I had to do some research for it and my internet decided to quit on me this week :( This is the first day I can use it without problems this week...

I can't wait to read all your stories! :)

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yes, tomorrow would be fine, since it will be probably later in the day before I can get them put up on the site. :) That goes for everyone, so get those stories in! :)

4. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

How do you add them up here Smokey?

5. Smokey

How do I add up...? I'm not sure what you're asking. :) As for the stories tho, I will update the web page and post them sometime on Monday. Sorry for the delay. :(

6. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

With the last challenge the stories were updated and added one below another and is that the same for this challenge?

7. Smokey

Yes, the new stories will be on the page after the old ones. :) I'll have it updated tonight and will post here when I do.

8. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Ok just wondering as it's my first Nick challenge hehe

9. Smokey

Sorry for another delay, but my power was out all night from the storms. :(

Nick Fic Song Challenge
    Round 20

[​IMG]

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting round 20 of the Nick Fic Song Challenge! Thanks to everyone who participated! :)

Here are a few guidelines for reading and reviewing:

1. Remember, for now the stories are anonymous. Please do not reveal which story you wrote. We will unveil the authors next Sunday, May 29.

2. Story authors/participants - Please leave feedback for each story. That's why we're doing this...so we can learn from each other and improve as we go along. And because this is anonymous for now, please remember to leave some feedback for your own story too. :)

3. Lurkers - You are most welcome to read and review the stories too! We just ask that you follow and respect the guidelines here as well. The exception is that you may leave reviews for as few or as many stories as you like. (Authors - Please do not take offense if a lurker reviews only one or two stories or does not review yours.)

4. Please make your feedback as positive and constructive as possible. Constructive means that it's meant to be helpful and it's said in a nice way. There will be zero tolerance for meanness here from anyone.

5. Please try to make your feedback a little more than just "Good job" or "Nice story". We all look forward to hearing some thoughtful input on our work. :) And for now let's focus on the content of the story more so than the format, grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. For some people this is their first fic and/or English may not be their first language, and those are all things that a good beta could fix if this weren't a challenge. :)

6. Feedback should be posted here in this thread and can be done all in one post or in several posts.

7. Remember, we aren't voting for favorites on this or anything. We're just reading, reviewing, and enjoying! :)

8. Attention readers! Feedback posts will probably contain spoilers. If you do not want to be spoiled, do not read the feedback until after you read the stories.

And now, what you've all been waiting for...round 20 of the Nick Fic Song Challenge! Click on the "Save Me From Myself" link on the left to read the stories.
    [​IMG]

Note: If you see an error in your story or any problems on the page, please PM Smokey ASAP.

10. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I love reading them and hope to read more

11. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Yay, they stories are up! I always love when we get some new Nick song fic challenge stories.

Both of the stories were great. I really enjoyed them.

Hope people aren't losing interest in this challenge.

12. Smokey

Unfortunately, it's looking that way. :( I was writing one for this challenge (of course...it's my song!), but wasn't able to get it done in time. I'm going to finish it tho and publish it on FF.

The One I Love - I think you have a good base for a story here that could benefit with some filling in of details. :) I like that you've given Nick a happy life!

The Mockingbird
    - Very realistic look at poor little sick Nicky! :) I think the interactions with his mother and grandfather are just how it would have been with Nick as a little boy. I love how you have his grandpa getting him all excited about the birds. :) I'm glad he didn't really sneak out tho. Maybe his nightmare taught him a good lesson! ;) Nice job on this one!

13. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

I hope so too... but it looks as if people do exactly that :(

Onto my reviews:

The One I Love:

Like Smokey said you have a good base for a story here :) There is nothing wrong with giving Nick some lovin' ;) One thing I miss a little here are the details and the emotions of the characters... How about describing what they're feeling or describing the world around them? I'm sure it could help your stories getting even better! Good job! :)

The Mockingbird:

I love little Nick :adore: He really must have had a loving family to turn out the way we see him on the show :) Looks as if the writer of this fic had problems with the word limit :lol: Sometimes it would be better if we could just write 5000 words :guffaw:

14. Smokey

Time to reveal the authors! Sorry that we didn't have a bigger turnout, but thanks so much to the writers who contributed! :)

The One I Love - Kaunis Mies
    The Mockingbird - NickyFan

15. KFK

KFK Witness

Hi All,

Sorry I was unable to post a story for this challenge, or for that matter, update my last story on FF site. What can I say, but life has a way of throwing out its own challenges.

Back to the point...I enjoyed both stories, and thank both writers for entertaining us.

"The One I Love" by Kaunis Mies. Good start to the story, good idea :), but I would agree with others, more detail would be helpful. There's a happy balance between too much detail, and too little. Unfortunatley, I usually fall on the side of too much detail. It's a fine line, and all we can do is our best. Good job, keep at it :thumbsup:, and thank you for writing.

"The Mocking Bird" by NickyFan. Poor little Nicky, I felt so bad for him :(. Nice interaction between Nick, his mom, and his grandfather, really liked that :). I enjoyed reading a possible scenario for Nick's love of birds. Nice job!

Hope all is well and good with everyone, and thanks again to Kaunis Mies and NickyFan for writing stories to entertain us.

Take Care All.