Eva/Natalia #4: Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Mar 29, 2011.

?

thread title

Poll closed Apr 10, 2011.
  1. Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. I am Woman, Hear me Roar

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Boa Vista - A Beautiful View

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Foreva Boa Vista

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Always There For Everyone

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. More than what you think she is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. It's about time, she's waited long enough

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  8. Let's Go Berserk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Berserk for Boa Vista

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

2. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Re: Eva/Natalia #4:

Happy thread number four, everyone! Great picture grid, mj; it's fabulous!

3. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Congratulations on the new Natalia thread!!!!

4. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Congratulations!!! Cheers for everyone!!! :beer: Hope that Eva/Natalia and us will continue to have great new seasons in the future just like Season 9! :)

5. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

Yay new thread! Hopefully it'll be filled with Natalia-goodness :)

[​IMG] Nat cap! ;)

6. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Outstanding! Congratulations on another well deserved thread to discuss our amazing, beautiful, passionate, intelligent, kick-ass Eva/Natalia! Our girl is having quite the season and a new thread just keeps the enjoyment going strong.

My sincerest hope is that TPTB have had an epiphany this season and now realize what they have with Eva ... and that means much more Natalia in the future! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  7. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

From the last thread...
    I suppose all of the titles are open up for interpretation, but I find this one to be celebrating who Natalia is as a person (and woman) and her incredible physical and mental strength. She's had such a difficult life what with who knows how many years of Nick as well as many other sexist male pigs who only see her as eye candy (the constant flirting suspects) or someone they can easily overpower (what's-his-face several seasons ago who grabbed her arm in interrogation before Horatio intervened). Despite all of that, she is still as strong as ever, kicking ass every Sunday night putting away the bad guys! Its just such a good title for someone who's been through so much and is still so strong; she takes a licking and keeps on ticking!

I am NOT a fan of "Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful" at all. It feels shallow to me and will especially sit wrong with those who already dislike her, giving them one more reason to. We should all be coming together of fans of CSI: Miami, not fighting one another or snipping back and forth over whether Natalia or Calleigh is better and how we hate the other one...

Just my opinion.

8. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

^Thanks for explaining. I think the other title can take it either way too.

I was watching it again (yeah :p), I think she is suffering from some after effects of the kidnapping and car crash, though she was still keeping a rather sane mind enough to close the case. She was showing signs of anxiety? I think the episode described well of her too, credits to TPTB. I loved when she always say "I'll be there every step of the way". It's the second time she said this!

Anyway, TPTB please, please add in some continuity!!! I've been begging for ages and so has all the fans. (*ahem* I hope they address her hearing again one very fine day, I'll can afford to wait if they tell me there will be).

9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Congrats on the new thread! Im very glad that Eva has been given the opportunity to shine this season, she deserves it.

10. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

11. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I was actually complaining about the lack of her in the promo pics earlier, same thing for promos and suddenly we started to see her more from 9.18 onwards. Better late than never. ;)

So have we come to a conclusion for the title of our 4th thread? :)

12. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

*Enters with crickets singing*

Hey, where'd everybody go? :( We've got to have some Natalia/Eva news! :)

Will a screen cap do? Trying to spark a conversation here :)

[​IMG]

13. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

There isn't new news and for me the excitement died after About Face.

Don't know where everybody went either, there wasn't much discussion for About Face either, in terms of personal moments. :( I thought it was interesting and always great to see her so anxious to forget about herself and solve the case. It would have been great if we could have an ending that showed her going home and all but nope, something else took its place instead which I am not happy about it.

So for the rest of the season, just hope that we will continue to see her being involve and relate closely to the cases and for the finale something juicy for her & us the chew on until the new season.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm pretty sure most everyone is still lurking. :)
    'About Face' just didn't leave us with anything to really ponder -- nothing made us go hmmm. The episode was awesome - I loved it, & Eva/Natalia kicked ass! - it was just one of those that now it's over I'm ready to see what's going to happen next (it definitly doesn't feel like tptb are done torturing her yet).

15. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

... you're not the only one, :vulcan:

Yes, Eva was OUTSTANDING, to say the least, in this episode. But I feel like there were many times we could have learned more about Natalia's bottled up feelings. She was going at such a quick speed with the case that she barely had time to actually realize what happened to her that day. A scene with Natalia going home, being called by Calleigh for a girl-to-girl talk, etc, would have brought the story to a better closure.

With everything the writers have been throwing at her, you would think that she was have some kind of breakdown - or something - sooner or later.

Maybe they'll show more of that vulnerability Natalia is feeling when she has to testify later? Ugh...

Point is, I love her strength... but I would really enjoy seeing her emotions let loose (like back in season 4 and 5).