Body of Proof - new ABC show

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by GregNickRyanFan, Mar 30, 2011.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Anyone watch this last night? It has Dana Delaney in the lead role as a former neurosurgeon turned medical examiner. Jeri Ryan plays the Chief at the hospital. I'm not familiar with any of the other actors in it. Well, the male detective looks familiar, but can't place him.

Anyway, it was a good show. I liked the end where she found the piece of cake on her counter and a note from her daughter. Her smile as she took a bite of the cake.

The show kind of reminds me of Diagnosis Murder in a way.

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I watched it and liked it enough to tune back in. The episode itself wasn't great, but it's hard to draw much from just one episode. What will keep me coming back are Dana Delaney and Jeri Ryan. I've seen Delaney's assistant before in the short lived Past Life. I like him and I hope he gets some good stuff.
    It seemed to me to be a mix of Crossing Jordan and Quincy, in a more contemporary format. I hope it does well. A non-soap opera drama with strong female actresses like Delaney and Ryan is much needed on tv (and very much appreciated by me). :)

3. GregNickRyanFan

They said there would be an episode Sunday and then on its regular night, Tuesday. I'm not clear on if the Sunday episode is the same one from last night or if its a new one.

4. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

according to the tv guide listings, the episode on sunday night is supposed to be a new one, as is the one in the regular time slot next tuesday. They must really want to hit the ground running with this show, airing 3 new episodes in one week's time.

Overall, I enjoyed the pilot episode, but did have a few minor problems with it.

First - it seems that Dana Delany was in every single scene. Yes, I really love watching Dana, but they need to learn to not make the same mistake as the short-lived show, Chase, made and have the whole show revolve around the one character. I'm guessing they're going to rectify that in the coming episodes by having Jeri Ryan, John Carroll Lynch and Nicholas Bishop more in the picture.

One part that really bugged me was Megan's habit of tearing through interviews & interrogations with no regard for the legal chaos she's causing and how that will eventually allow killers to go free on technicalities.

I do like the scenario with the Megan/daughter storyline. That should be interesting to watch.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'm pretty sure it's a new episode on Sunday. I think ABC wants it to get sampled following Desperate Housewives.
    I've like Dana Delany since China Beach (where she starred with Marg!), but I didn't particularly like her on DH. I hope this will prove to be a better gig for her.
    I've also seen the male detective in other stuff, movies and tv; he's more of a character actor. I can't think of anything he has been in regularly.

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'm still sticking with this one. It's not perfect, but I'm warming up to the characters, and I thought last night's episode was really good. There were more character moments and I enjoyed the medical and forensics part of it; and Delany seems to be working out the kinks in her character.
    As much as I liked Detroit 1-8-7, I think this is a better fit for the ABC brand of a procedural (like Castle). I think it's doing well enough in the ratings, so I hope it comes back next season.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I haven't watched this show, but I do know that the girl, Mary Mouser, that plays Dana Delaney's daughter is the same girl who played Cassie McBride in 'Gum Drops'. :)

8. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I'm really enjoying the way they're incorporating all of the main characters and giving them more equal screen time lately. This show has evolved greatly from the mediocre pilot episode.

Jeri Ryan's character, Kate, reminds me a lot of Jenny Shepherd from NCIS. I like that she's a bit tough, but not hard-ass. On last night's episode, I even saw her in one scene as a clone of Catherine Willows. It was a bit eerie.

9. GregNickRyanFan

So that's why she looked familiar!

10. GregNickRyanFan

I really enjoyed the scenes with Megan and her daughter in the last episode. And the daughter's video came together really well. I really like the blonde haired guy who works in the morgue with Megan. I'm sorry, I can't remember his name at the moment, but I like him. Is it just me or does he kind of slightly resemble Simon Baker?

11. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

In the last episode, the scenes with Megan & Lacey, I saw a lot of what Catherine & Lindsey could have been if they'd have had Lindsey on CSI more frequently.

12. GregNickRyanFan

I thought of Cath and Lindsay too, especially when she was asking to see the body. That made me think of when Cath showed Lindsay the dead woman when Lindsay was walking alone on Freemont Street.

13. lexxy_willows

lexxy_willows Police Officer

14. Hatal

Hatal Victim

I tried watching it but the lead actress just annoys me too much... I just don't like her at all.

15. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse