Favourite Character of CSI:NY ;)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by CSINYADDICT99, Mar 29, 2011.

1. CSINYADDICT99

CSINYADDICT99 Hit and Run

There's an opposite of this thread and I think this would show CSI:NY in a more positive light. Your favourite chracter can be major, minor, victim or villan. Whatever you want just give the name and say why. Also I dont know where else to post this but I made a CSI:NY uiz and I need people's opinions:
    http://www.sporcle.com/games/carollouise99/csi-ny-grab-bag

Anyway have fun posting
    ;)

P.S
    Mine is Adam because of 'what up' aand he has great comedy with all the others especially Danny and the look Mac gives hom when he says 'dude' is hilarious.

:D

2. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Mac:
    • Because he's hot
    • Because he has integrity
    • Because he's driven & dedicated
    • Because he's very good at what he does
    • Because he cares about his team & the victims in cases
    • Because he isn't always perfect or right
    • Because he can kick ass real well, both physically and verbally.
    • Because he's a Marine
    • Because he's the tough/hard as nails detective, but also has a soft, sweet, compassionate side and also a bit of a geeky side when it comes to the science-y stuff.
    • Because he isn't afraid to stand up to/argue with his superiors.
    • Because there's a lot more to him than you might think at first glance.
    And finally, although this reason can be seen as part of the first reason, i.e. his general hotness, I believe this one deserves a bullet point all of it's own:
    • Because of his eyes. :drool:

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

At the beginning of the series my favorite was Danny, hands down. But then they hooked him up with Lindsay and destroyed him as a character. Now my favorite is Adam and tied for 2nd are Jo and Flack.

4. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

DAnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Maccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

After Joooooooooooooooooooo

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Flack and Jo :)

Jo because she's funny and relaxed but also knows how to get tough and intimidate. I love her mother-nurturing side and how she has chemistry with everyone in the team. She works well with all of them.

Flack because he just rocks at everything he does and says :cool:

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I just realized I don't have a favorite. I have my least favorite but I can still stand him so no problem. I like them all. Maybe this is why CSI: NY is my all time favorite TV show.

But my first favorites were Aiden and Det. Angell. Sadly they are gone.

7. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Danny in the first few seasons before Lindsay destroyed his character....
    Nowadays all the rest....

8. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I agree with all you've said! :D

My favourite character is Mac Taylor :adore::adore::adore::adore:

I'd like to add one more reason: 'Cause Gary is playing this character!
    :adore::devil::drool::bolian:

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Adam, followed by Flack. :)

10. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

...hmmm, tricky :p.

I don't have one favorite above the rest. There are just some characters that have had me caring about what they face in each ep and how they handle it, and above all, it's the chemistry and interaction between all these characters that has had me coming back week after week, year after year.

So, in no particular order, a stream of consciousness ramble. I like muchly:

SID! cos in every ep he shows up in, I perk up and go "SID!" :lol: I like his interaction with all the others, I love that he's memorable and unique, especially given how infrequently we see him, I love that he can do the empathetic, the serious and the humorous, often within the same scene, and I love that he makes a character who interacts with the deceased for a living, and therefore greatly used as a function/exposition character, all the more fun.

Flack. Cos he's snarky :p. Cos he's developed an aspect of "still waters run deep" type characterization. Another character that you always suspect there's a great deal more to, no matter how much or how little he's given to play. And also interacts with everyone well, no matter who he's paired with, no matter who he's interrogating. Plus, he's the only one on the roster who has achieved significant hang time via a flying jump :p.

Adam. Cos he Must. Fight. Crime. :rommie: And is another character, like Sid, who earned his slot in the roster, and who brings great humor and occasionally great pathos to whatever his expositionary episodic function is. That's not just with regards to plot and story, but giving other characters something and someone to play off of, showing off their personalities as well.

Jo :cool:. Cos she's a warm, fun, intelligent, insightful, mischievous, deeply feeling character with a bit of a chaotic near-to-flaky side who's very entertaining to watch. Cos she can play both good cop and bad cop. Cos she makes un-smiley sticky-tabs. Cos she's not perfect. Cos she's brought some new life and enabled some new dynamics for the rest of the characters to explore. Cos, in partnership with the writers, Sw, and the rest of the cast, she's been part of a very successful transition of major characters within difficult timing. Cos she pokes all characters, and, like Adam, enables them to show off their personalities in contrast with her own.

Mac :). Sometimes feels a rather unpopular position, given how polarizing he often is :p, but I do like him. Because he's challenging enough that I don't always like everything that he does or says. Because there are layers, even if tapped less than in previous seasons. Because he is the ultimate straight man, which does enable the other characters to fly a little more loosely. Because, no matter the smoldering intensity and seriousness, there's still some humor and empathy that shines thru, and is all the more potent for the contrast. Because, if challenged, he will (on rare occasion) bend and acknowledge he is not always right. Because he does seem to be on the outside looking in at times, and that's relatable. Because he'll shout at anyone, above or below his station. Because the simmering and/or unspoken moments carry as much weight as shouting. Because he looks out for his people. Notwithstanding, GS' involvement is one of the reasons that I took note of the show at all while still in development way back when.

I also liked Aiden immensely. She was a junior member of the team learning the ropes in S1, and also had great interaction with the others, especially Danny, Mac, and Flack. As opposed to Haylen or whatever he name was, Aiden, and Danny, were both very engaging as characters working their way up and learning the ropes and pushing the boundaries. Aiden's humor and snark were also appreciated.

As with Mac, I like and felt similarly challenged by both Danny and Stella, but increasingly felt in progressive seasons that each started to suffer (more than the others) for what was written for them. I think I found each more engaging in their earlier seasons. Danny's certainly not quite the same as he once was, and I don't think I could fully call it an evolution. Opportunities he has been given have been shortchanged (10%), and the variety of material he used to be given feels like it has funneled in one particular direction over others, that of DL. Some like it; not so engaging to me.

I also liked Angell, but would not say she was a favorite. With Aiden's departure, she eventuall evolved into a great alternative to Lindsay. She worked well with everyone. It was particularly satisfying to see her scenes and storyline with Stella in more recent seasons. I liked that she came across as a straight up cop, who happened to be a woman. She was fun, took no bullsh*t, and had a sense of humor and swagger. With the likes of her and Stella gone, and with Jo of a different kettle of fish for background, Lindsay has been more overtly written references and scenarios to demonstrate her pseudo bad-ass cop-side, which I still have difficulty reconciling given some of the scripting and performances.

I cannot simply pick out one character over and above the others as a favorite. It really is the interaction between them all that draws me back weekly, as opposed to the opportunity to see a few minutes of one of them. I'd certainly be happy to have a drink and a coupla hours inna pub with any of the aforementioned :p. Wouldn't be dull by any stretch.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I do have to mention Stella because she was my fave with Flack. She was tough and emotional but also caring. I liked her interactions with the cast, especially with Mac. Though I still have to go with Jo as my fave over Stella because of how unique her character has been written. Stella was more of the typical tough cop with a heart character that we've seen before (and that's not to put the character down cause I thought she was great) but it's a type more commonly seen. Jo is quite different and Eldwood described her pretty well in the last post:

I think her sense of humor, her being mischievous, and near to flaky sets her aside from the usual tough-caring-woman-cop (which she also is). Anyway I had to mention Stella cause she was pretty awesome and point out why I wrote down Jo instead.

12. spunky86

spunky86 Hit and Run

Mine is Sheldon because he is the type of man l'll date. He is smart, kind and sexy.

13. LoveSela

LoveSela Dead on Arrival

I love Jo. The reason I tune in every week. <3

14. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Mac! He is so hot. He has it all and those eyes.

Next would be Jo. I admire her and wish I was more like her.

15. UKFAN

UKFAN Dead on Arrival

I like all the characters (except Jo - sorry she is toooooo boring for my liking).

However, Mac and Stella are my top favourite.

I also loved the flirting between Stella and Sid. Stella and Adam. Stella and Hawkes.

I also love Danny and Lindsay.