**Season Nine Spoiler Lab** - Take Two

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gsugirl

gsugirl Victim

It is very true that Hollywood does not value mature actresses over the age of 40. They are seen as dead! Female viewers also tend to buy into that (not me, but many!). I also know that the demographic audience of viewers ages 18 - 49 is what is valued by networks and advertisers. Viewers over 50 (I am proudly over 50) aren't seen as important as younger viewers to network executives because older viewers tend not to spend their money as impulsively on what is advertised in commercials. That is why the networks are on a constant "Youth Kick".
    Mature viewers (not all, but many) tend to want more credible, realistic, consistent storylines, serious stories, and less "fluff".

That being said, I feel that TPTB probably wanted a younger actress to attract male viewers in the 18-49 age group who will want to see her "sweating up the sheets" with Horatio. I don't feel that anybody over the age of 45 was even considered. I highly doubt that the actress will portray herself as older (look at her, that would be impossible).

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Marisol born in 1978 (on her grave marker) This new lady, (born in 1974) would be only 4 years older than Marisol. The actress who played Marisol was born in 1976 and both Emily Procter and Eva La Rue were born in the 1960's. This new actress is an attempt to capture the younger audience IMO. Horatio's fans will accept anything because they are enamored with him and the networks know it!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  2. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Hey, whatever keeps the audiences tuning in is what counts. As a longtime fan in the upper range of the 18-49 demographic, I can appreciate the need for more stable relationships and sound storylines. However, just because this actress, Natasha Henstridge, is 36 years old doesn't mean she can't still play a solid character and have a realistic, lasting relationship with Horatio, who is a very classy and mature gentleman. Let's wait until we see them in action together before we make too many judgements.

3. fanilowchick

And I'll support their relationship every step of the way, whether Horatio and Renee will be keeping it chaste and reserved onscreen, allowing the audience to fill in much of the blanks with their imaginations [as with Rebecca Nevins in season 3], or if they will 'sweat up the sheets', as you put it. Though I would much prefer the latter ;)

4. BethHK

BethHK Victim

Well, I am proudly in the 18-49 demo (23), and while I can't speak for all 18-49rs, I am not at all interested in the "sweat up the sheets" "fluff". :rolleyes: Keep it to the bedrooms people, I don't want to see it on my TV. :rolleyes:

This is good. :thumbsup:

5. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

Natasha Henstridge was from she spies ans species 1, 2 and the begining of the 3rd movie but yeah she is pretty good at acting and i can't wait to see her on CSI: Miami it will be interesting to see how this will play out

6. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I think I am going to like this actress although have never seen her work. Good resume and mature natural look. Good choice! Also, very happy that this is another confirmation that our show is returning next season.

7. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Are you kidding? Have you seen CSI Miami ever? ;) What 'stable relationships'? And 'sound storylines don't happen too often there, including my favourite one, clearly visible in my avatar.
    I don't care about Horatio's relationships however kudos to writers for 30sth instead of 20sth.
    If you expect that H. will have lasting relationship don't put your hopes up too much, so you won't get disappointed like me this season. Don't forget H's curse :lol:

8. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Big obsession with ages here? Does it matter that much (to us, I mean, not the network...)? What will matter is the chemistry between the characters. Does anyone else think H + Marisol = zero chemistry, H + Yelina = nearly burnt holes in the screen. Not much to do with ages, I don't feel. Oddly, not that much to do with acting either - it seems either to be there or it isn't! 'Sweating up the sheets'... yes, please!!

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

If the chemistry is good,you don't need to see"sweating up the sheets",at least I don't need to see it.

10. fanilowchick

No, age doesn't really matter. And I agree with you 110 percent, Horatio and Marisol had NO chemistry at all. I hated Season 4. The whole relationship seemed uncomfortable, boring, and forced. Bleh...

11. fanilowchick

I know, every one of H's relationships [actually, every relatsionship on the show] has been a complete train wreck. But I'm still holding out hope that him and Renee can make it work. He's a great guy and deserved to be happy. And hopefully the 'H curse' won't apply in this case since Renee is getting shot in the season finale :D

12. fanilowchick

Is there a link you can post here for the article where you found this?

13. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

I honestly don't care to see a relationship on the show (especially after the EC-trainwreck....not the couple but the way they were handled.)

TPTB seem to rush relationships till they're going too fast and then either let them crash and burn or slow down to nothingness. Either way, it's a messy and terribly written break up.

I mean look at all the examples:

Horatio/Rebbeca
    Horatio/Marisol
    Eric/Natalia
    Ryan/Natalia - season 4
    Horatio/Juila
    Calleigh/Jake
    and of course Eric/Calleigh

all relationships have been failures! If anyone should become romantic, I beleive Nat/Ryan are the pair - mainly cause of their strong friendship that seems to have grown over the seasons, and the chemistry between the actors.

But seeing as this is the spoiler thread and not pairing thread, I better get to my point:

Does anyone know when the extended promo or preveiw of About Face will be available?

14. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

They usually post those on Saturdays and its only ever the opening teaser.

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Here's the skinny from TV Guide:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.