**Season Nine Spoiler Lab** - Take Two

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Thanks for posting the link, baybeehannah!

I am so excited for this episode. Eva was outstanding ... and this was just the promo! :thumbsup:

This is gonna be soooooo good!!! I just know it! :D

2. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

I see what you mean! There are bags under her eyes, Pippa's been keeping her busy for sure! :)

Thank you for posting the promo, I'm really looking forward to this episode. I hope Natalia will be ok, I think this is the second time she's been kidnapped this season (the first time I'm referring to is the time the undercover operation went wrong, I know that was kidnapping but still :p)! Poor girl. She's had a lot of action this season.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this episode and I'm sure Eva will do an outstanding job as per usual! :)

3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I love to see Horatio walking down the hall and conferring with his CSIs and lab personnel. That reminds me so much of the old days.

Horatio also seems to be standing square, facing people and looking them in the eye when he's talking to them lately.

Man, I LOVE this season! :D

4. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Man, I am SO envious! (Living in England... Waiting...)

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

THIS JUST IN:

:wtf:

6. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

I swear she better not be the love interest. I don't even know who this woman is, but I'm always leery of models turned actresses.

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

She will play Secret Service agent Renee Locklear.

8. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Oh boy! Is this the news we've been watiting for? Will she play Renee? Super excited!!!

9. fanilowchick

Duh, you posted it right there! LOL... "H fever" can throw off the brain!

10. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Well great. I'm already sorely disappointed. Apparently this woman is nearly 20 years David's junior. why is it so impossible for a show to have a real older couple??

11. baybeehannah

baybeehannah Witness

It has been said by Tv Guide Magazine that Natasha Henstridge will play Horatio's love interest, she was born in 1974!! - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000449/

This is what Tv GM posted on Twitter:
    Exclusive: Natasha Henstridge joins CSI:Miami as undercover agent for finale, and beyond. Details to follow!

12. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Because the entertainment industry is still a very sexist place in some ways. There still aren't enough strong female protagonist leads in movies and TV shows, and many female characters are poorly written versions of untrue gender stereotypes. Hollywood is especially harsh to women as they age- there is a ton of pressure to keep a youthful look through whatever means necessary (botox and synthetic fillers, cosmetic surgery, etc.). There are even fewer roles for older women, so the competition for them is fierce. Unfortunately, experienced "older" female actresses like Meryl Streep and Julianne Moore who still have steady work are the exceptions, not the rule, and even they have to fight hard for it.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thank God they got someone over thirty to play the role.

She's got a pretty decent sized resume acting wise. She was the star of "Species" and the tv show "She Spies". She's a fairly decent actress. I actually forgot she was ever a model to be honest. I am more familiar with her acting than her modeling lol.

The actress is 37 years old (only three years away from being forty). Horatio/David is only in his fifties. That's not a big deal to me. Actually I'm extremely relieved. Usually when a show adds a new girl to the cast its some twenty something. Kudos to them for actually hiring a woman over thirty.

Also, its very possible that she's playing a character who is older than she herself is. The character could very well be in her forties. She has at least ten years, if not more on Marisol, so I'd say this is definitely an improvement lol. Sure, they could have hired someone in their mid-forties, but I'd take a 37 year old for his love interest over a twenty something.

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Indeed, it was posted just a few posts above yours.

15. fanilowchick

I think Natasha is a good choice. Sure, someone in her forties or fifties would have been nice, but I got to thinking about it, if the Secret Service lady were close to David's age, would she still be a an active field agent? Not that David is old by any means, but I would assume US Secret Service would have higher standards for operatives than local police. By the way, Natasha is 36 and David is 55, which makes them 19 years apart. Not nearly as bad as Marisol, plus she will be a much more mature character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.