'CSI:NY' Wraps Season 7, Sinise & Ward Pose On Set

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Mar 23, 2011.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Principal photography is now complete for the seventh season of CSI: New York. Leading man Gary Sinise (Mac Taylor) posted a picture alongside costar Sela Ward (Jo Danville) from the “final moment” of season seven—click to see the image full-sized: As CSI Files previously reported, the fate of the New York-based spinoff is currently up [...]

More...

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I really hope CSI:NY gets an eighth season! It's my favorite CSI series, and I've been watching the show since the beginning. It'll be sad to see it go, especially since Sela has been such a great addition this season.

I've got my fingers crossed that CBS decides to keep the show around.

3. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

It would be really sad to see a CSI show get cancelled...especially NY which was the first CSI show that I watched....and this season has been great too with the addition of Sela Ward!

4. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

i don't want any CSI to be cancelled. Ratings are steady, so why is that even considered?

5. Faylinn

CBS has a lot of successful shows, so even something with good ratings can be at the bottom of the list when it comes time to renew stuff - after all, they need empty timeslots to premiere new shows. Medium was cancelled already, and The Defenders will most likely get the axe, but they still need to clear out a few more slots to debut new dramas in the fall. Compared to other shows on the channel, NY doesn't do that well, even if you grade it on a curve (so to speak) for being on Fridays. Also, a lot of CBS series (including the CSI franchise) attract an older audience, and advertisers still love that 18-49 demographic.

6. PHANTOMERIK

PHANTOMERIK Dead on Arrival

If the show is cancelled then TPTB only have themselves to blame since killing off Angell back in S5 they seem to have done everything in their power to alienate as many of their viewers as possible culminating in the loss of MK/Stella in S7. Would it really have been so impossible to have given her the same status as GS in the credits or whatever she wanted to stay I'm betting it looks cheap at 1oo x the price now and yes she as every right to say I told you so wherever she might br right now.The great tragedy of CSI:NY is what the show should and could have been had those in charge actually listerened to what their audience told them repeatedly. In the past CSI:NY was a world class crime drama and that is what we tuned in expecting to see at the dawn of S6 only to find it replaced by CSI:NY As The Lab Turns. A place where vile one night stands and ludicrous lovel triangles reign instead of the intellegent, thought provoking and exciting drama we all knew and loved. I say loved because in the Smacked faithful the show had an whole army of devoted followers willing to wait patiently for as long as it took to get their happy ending but TPTB threw that loyalty away with the opening credits didn't they? So is it any wonder the audience started to vote with their feet any wonder at all? After waiting in the wings all that time loyaly and patiently to be given anything other than Smacked is not only cruel but downright insulting to the audience in general and their intellegence in particular.My own pet theory is that had not been part of the CSI franchise it would never have made it past the start of S6 after the giant drop in ratings it suffered as a result of the backlash. Did they take this huge hint that their audience was not happy or even remotely in a forgiving state of mind no they didn't did they we got crass love triangles and secondbest Jo instead of our lovely Stella.If this is to be the end of the show then I ask TPTB for one thing only that they make this right give us the Smacked happy ending we have been waiting for and have damn well earned over the last seven years particularly the last two woeful specimins if nothing else let Mac's last act be him heading off to New Orleans to claim Bonasera fair give us that much respect at least.If by some miracle a season 8 is commissioned might I suggest that TPTB do whatever it takes to re-gain MK's services because by now even the dumbest of one celled lifeforms must have got the message that Mac without Stella doesnot nor ever will work, one way or another Stella needs to be back where she belongs by Mac's side. If anyone needs proof of just how well loved MK/Smacked is then I suggest they take a look at FANFIC.NET there are over 1500 fics devoted soley to this relationship at my last count and that total grows every bigger every day. That's just one site and you would struggle to fill one page with any type of Jo stories bcause MK/Stella has something SW/Jo will never have the hearts and minds of the audience no matter what. If the show is over I will miss it for what it was not what it has become but as with all things good or bad we'll have to wait and see.

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I hope it's not the last season. Season 7 has been a wonderful season, far better than season 6, and Sela/Jo has been a great addition to the show. The stories are interesting, the guest cast has been truly amazing, Jo's fun personality has given the show a really unique character, and Gary/Mac and Sela/Jo make a great team as leaders of the show and of the CSI's. So much I've enjoyed the show this season that it's the first time that I've liked it more than Vegas and Miami. Vegas comes and goes and I last enjoyed Miami in season 7 but NY was always just nice to catch for me. This season I'm always looking forward to new episodes and it's been my favorite of the three CSI's. Even though I loved Melina/Stella I haven't had the chance to miss her with Sela/Jo onboard.

Anyway I'll remain optimistic until an official announcement is made.

ETA:
    From Gary's twitter

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  8. gater1200

gater1200 Civilian

There as to be more ny just got better and better and Sela is great as Jo she and Mac are a great team ny is the best out of the three it as to keep going

9. Faylinn

I saw that Tweet from Gary - hopefully CBS will decide to keep the show. Ratings are important, and I know that, but there's so much more when you're talking about a hit franchise like the CSI shows. Syndication and merchandising and worldwide viewership - I have to believe that counts for something, even if you're only looking at it from a monetary standpoint.

Plus, I think the continued existence of all three series is part of the strength of the entire franchise. Even if viewership has gone down and the franchise isn't as strong as it once was, it's still a huge, global phenomenon. I feel like once one of the series gets cancelled, it will signal the beginning of the end for the franchise as a whole. :(

But I'm trying to be optimistic at this point! I don't know much about the drama pilots CBS is considering for next season, and I don't know the whole process behind what they decide to keep or cancel. NY has had good ratings on Fridays, and the ratings over the course of the season have been consistent - they even went up a bit later in the season compared to the beginning! Creatively, Sela's addition to the show has added some new blood to the whole thing, and I feel like they could crank out several more seasons of high-quality episodes.

Of course, I'd deal with Big Changes if it meant keeping NY around, but I'd rather have it just the way it is for a few more years. ;)

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I definitely agree with that. I can't help but think that the franchise doesn't have too many more years left, but I'd hate for NY to go now. I'm hoping this isn't the last season, it's been pretty good imo and Sela Ward has been a good addition. :)

11. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Too many unknowns for me to chance a guess on what the network might be contemplating. Not anticipating any public disclosure or confirmation of any sort any time soon either.

Anyways. S7 may be the first box set I buy in friggin years for this show :lol:. It does feel like it's found new legs, or new inspiration at least, and I while not a perfect season by any means, one of the best in recent years. Certainly can't quibble with the likes of the guests they've enlisted. Could see it having enough gas for another season. But hey, I am indisputably biased :p.

Waves of change all over the place these days. Who knows what it will bring. Hope NY finishes strong, be it season or series.

As for the pic, luv to see da luv (not in any shipper sense & gad help me why do I feel the need to perpetually hafta freakin qualify such :lol:). Frankly I'll just sum up with ....awwwwww :adore::cool:

12. MacFlackNCaine

MacFlackNCaine Dead on Arrival

I really hope that's not the case.

CSI:NY was definitely the more "character-driven" of the series and during s2-s4, the more mature series.

NY came a great time for us who missed both the CSI and the CSI:M boats when it came to continuity. It's by far my favorite series.

I collect the DVDs of both Miami and NY, and if anything, I thought it would be Miami in danger of getting the axe. The "action-adventure/comic book" book take on CSI was great the first five seasons, but even I was getting bored with it to the point of just collecting the seasons for collecting sake.

I guess an odd season exit tends to be the trend with television, but I'm hoping for s8. Could you imagine the stories they would tell if they knew a whole season in advance they were getting canceled?