9x16 - 'Hunting Ground' - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Mar 11, 2011.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Horatio knows French too. Cool.

Ryan watches Man vs Wild or whatever that show is called.

LOL dude was hunting ORCHIDS.

Walter speaks French very well.

"Needle this is haystack" LMAO.

Love the mention of the incidents with the bear and the gator lol.

"The Batmobile of arrows" - great quote.

Good grief! I could not work in a place that noisy lol.

Horatio threatening the guy with hot fork thingy... don't know what to make of that scene.

Travers shaved his facial hair.

Suspect is flirting with Natalia, she is not amused. "Why don't you shut your smart mouth?" Go, Natalia!

Love Ryan and Natalia teasing each other. Very cute. And did I see the return of the Ryan wink? :D

The guy in the yellow shirt asking about his brother is the same guy who played Moe on NCIS Los Angeles.

I loved Nat kicking that one gunman.

H giving Wes a taste of his own medicine. And Wes wet his pants.

I won't lie, I teared up when the brothers were reunited.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  2. Rainack

Rainack Hit and Run

And not only that, he had Wolfe holding the guy down! So at the rate H is going, he's going to be taking his whole team down with him! Except maybe Walter. I think Walter is a bit too niave to help H with anything like that.

3. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Pretty good episode, only thing I didn't like was of course, Horatio threatening the one suspect and Ryan helping him do it. The only two who haven't been in on one of H's threats are Walter and Calleigh.

Natalia kicking that one guy was awesome. I love Natalia and love that she's had so much screentime this season.

But, oh my god, the end was freaking hilarious, to me at least. And I don't know if it was good hilarious or bad hilarious. When Horatio kept telling that guy to run and then shot in the air and kept going "kinda scary eh?" and "6, 5, 4" oh how I laughed.

The actual ending was good though, reuniting the guy with his brother and then H giving him the locket to give Enrique's family. And then the brother being so happy. ^_^ It was nice.

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

But I thought 24 was canceled and Jack Bauer was somewhere else besides the United States? Oh, wait. That was Horatio Caine? Oh.

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Agree with everything Luf.
    I laughed at the scene with Horatio and the guy too,especially the guy's "lack of dignity".

6. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I liked this episode, lots of Ryan which I always enjoy and Natalia really kicked ass in this episode! I loved how she handled that jerk who was flirting with her

Usually I am against H taking the law into his own hands but I have to admit I was tempted to watch him shoot that creep for what he put these guys through.

I loved the ending where the brothers reunited

Good show, good job Adam!!

7. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

Thank you GNRF, you said everything I was going to say. :) Love it.

Yes that "needle and haystack" was awesome!

Travers without a beard, looks good, he is handsome.

But the thing that stood out for me was that game is a disturbing subject matter, but the story had to be told. Do they do that game anymore? Sure hope not.:eek:
    As much as the story was hard to watch, I did enjoy the episode just the same.

Having Jean give Maria and her daughter the locket was a nice touch. It is what Enrique wanted. I teared up too when the brothers were united. And to see the younger brother so overjoyed at being alive, that is pretty cool. H saying tres bein and au revoir was nice.

I give it a 9/10 :lol: :)

8. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

It was a good episode; albeit creepier than usual. Rodriguez did a good job. Some of my favorite parts were the "fancy" subtitles and hearing French. I don't here it very often and it was a nice change.

Ryan looked quite nice! I liked his response to wildlife and the leech thing. When he pulled it off his leg and griped. I told my mom, "Well it could've been in a worse place." :D I tweeted something to that effect as well.

Natalia was good tonight and I also liked when she dealt with the flirting jerk. By the end they sure had a truck load of perps.

9. bgnogan

bgnogan Hit and Run

Was this episode actually shot in Florida? It's the first ep. this season that actually looked like Miami. Anyway, I hope Adam writes and directs again in the future, he really did a good job.

My only complaints are that the team is getting a little to pushy with suspects. That's been going on way too much this season and needs to stop.
    Although, I must admit, Caruso was really great towards the end with the shotgun. That guy completely deserved every minute of that and it was good that he kinda got a taste of his own medicine. Still, they need to tone down the Horatio violence and bring him back to the nice guy he used to be.

10. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

Adam did excenllent job with this episode one of my favorite episode of the season...love the french an this episode...the ending with H and when he told that man to run it was just to funny and when the man peed on his self lol

11. slower

slower Lab Technician

Bravo Adam !!!! Great episode; has to be my favorite of the season. I was a real skeptic. But now...... made a beleiver out of me. Tons of Ryan and looking hot as usual. I have to say I don't know how to feel about H taking Ryan down that road with him and I haven't exactly been a fan of the more agressive Natalia; but at the end I was like you go Natalia. Loved that Frank had more to do.

A+

12. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Great episode! Well done, Adam! I loved everything about it. I didn't have a problem with H and Ryan prodding the suspect. This was an incredibly dangerous race against time. Loved all the Ryan and Natalia scenes. They all did a fantastic job tonight. Also enjoyed the fancy subtitles and how they identified the name of the highway. Filming in the swamp was a nice break from the city.

13. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

As I posted in Rodriguez' thread ... Nice job!

He did a good job writing for the characters and it's clear he knows them well after all this time. They were all well represented (woo hoo ... we got more Frank!!!) and he allowed each character to shine.

I'm just loving Natalia more and more as this season goes on. The working/friend relationship she and Ryan have is just too adorable! :lol:

Horatio looked better than I've seen him in a long time. While I wasn't thrilled with the scene with he and Ryan threatening the suspect, it did seem to be less violent then most of the threatening ... maybe because the guy caved more quickly ... or mayble I'm becoming desenitized.

I had no issue at all with how Horatio handled that creature who was responsible for the horrible deaths of all those innocent people! He deserved every moment of fear and humilation. I had a feeling once we saw the 'shotgun' moment in context it wouldn't be what some were expecting.

The directing was well done with every character cared for and handled with great affection. They all looked great! I don't remember the last time Horatio and Frank were treated with such respect by a director. Natalia was absolutely beautiful!

It's clear Rodriguez knows very well what a talented, good looking group of people he has to work with and he took full advantage of the gift. And that talent also shines behind the scenes as I'm sure Rodriguez would admit.

As I stated in the other thread, the only scene that jumped out at me as being over directed was the 'busy' work scene. It just felt a little like he was trying too hard to make the point it was a busy office. But that's a very minor thing.

Very nice first effort and it would be nice to see what Rodriguez would do for a second go-round. :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Great, great episode :D

I was really looking forward to Adam's debut and I was not dissapointed. There were lots of good character moments and lines that made me laugh. It was great that they were out of the city because it really gave the feeling of a more Miami in the early years episode.

Loved Calleigh shooting that crossbow and I can't wait for the rest of the season when she's in more than one scene :). Just that scene she was in was pretty awesome :).

Nice job Mr. Rodriguez :D

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Agree.
    This was the perfect example of what 'Miami' is & always should be. The case, the atmosphere, the characters, the interaction...everything was spot-on, it played out very well.

My favorite lines of the night are definitly those with Ryan, Frank, & Natalia. Frank up in arms over the orchids -- the whole thing there was hilarious. The whole scene with Ryan & Natalia on the walkie-talkies (& Natalia up in the tress) was fun to see also -- leave it to Ryan to always come up with some of the goofiest & most comical nicknames. :lol:

Natalia kicked some major booty in this episode & I loved it. :thumbsup:

The Horatio bit didn't bother me at all -- it's kinda starting to grow on me.

Kudos to Adam Rodriguez for doing such a fine job. The entire cast is great & he made use of each & every one of them. Adam really put his whole heart into the episode, & it appears the rest of the cast did as well. Everyone was beyond awesome!