"Turn On, Tune In, Drop Dead" Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

^ Your "parents said". :lol: Guess I'm old enough to be your parent then. I watched WKRP way back when. He was great and that show was hilarious! I was too old then to care about "Head of the Class" tho. :)

I was okay with so much Ray tho since I think we had a lot of episodes earlier this season that were really pretty light on him.

I still don't really get why the whole team was working on this when the kids weren't even dead to begin with.

2. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

Was going to say the same! Complete rip off of Fringe, from concepts to characters.

3. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Well I was born in '92

It must have been a slow night

4. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Didn't mind this ep, certainly enjoyed it more than 'The two grissoms' and 'a kiss before frying'.

My favourite parts of the ep all involved Mitch, especially his scene with cath and sara in the graveyard.

Doc having a go at the EMT felt very odd and out of place, don't think that scene was needed.

So we get a mention of Haskell again and numerous Ray screentime but no mention of Vartann, Kip, or Nick shooting Bieber!?.

Out of Body experiences and Near death experiences had the potential to be a really interesting storyline, just wish they hadn't gone the student/zombie/crazy scientist route with it.

Random note but i really liked some of the camera work in the ep and especially liked the opening scene with David and the body on the vegas strip.

I think they need to have a scene where Nick is in the lab processesing evidence and not waving his gun around (insert jack o'neill quote here). When was the last time Nick had a pipette in his hand?

I thought there was an episode on March 10th?

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Not a favorite, but I loved seeing lots of Ray, YAY,[he's so damn good] and him a Sara working together so in tune, also great. thank's writers[​IMG]

My brief run-down~

Super Dave on the phone arguing with his wife while starting to do his autopsy. The guy not dead pops up and poor Dave faints. Doc, Ray, Cath and Brass gather around. Cath: "Dead man walking"~

Doc questioning the gal cop. She was sure he was dead. Ray and Cath going over the gurney Cath: "Dead men don't sweat do they"? Ray: "Not as often as they get up and walk away"~ His voice, so appealing, as he goes over daily planner. Howard Hessman, boy he's gotten old as Dr. Aiden, an old hippe. Greg:"The dead rising, birds falling out of the sky, fish in rivers dying, should we be looking for the anti-christ":wtf:

Sara with officer who hands her a coffee, nice gesture. He shows him where he found the guy, "I checked his pulse myself" 2nd body, Brass: "A zombie epidemic~

Nick doing facial recognition calling the DMV people the "walking dead" Sara grins;)

Henry on zombie DNA they make cheap jokes about Hodges "fairly useless":lol:

Greg and Ray finding the old newspapers about Psych Experiments in the 70's and find rooms called Falcon and Chamelon. Dr. Aiden studied ESP but fell down the rabbit hole of psychedelic drugs. He was the Dr. Feelgood for the student body~

Ray and Sara find him, they have similar personailties, laid back and low key yet both had troubled pasts. When they were standing side by side the noticeability of their two front teeth, the "gap" and the lips, also similar. The top pouty one, and the lower one so sensuous:p

His spot, what a dump, and he's out back doing whatever, and rambling about his notes being stolen:rolleyes: Their expressions classic:thumbsup:. he says "the last entry is not his" he he and Sara and he asks her about San Francisco. "Did you ever see the "Dead" at the Filmore? she goes "No, to busy with the dead everywhere else":(

Nick and Cath the guys name Max Faris. Ray and Sara with him in an old cluttered room his "library of Alexandria" then find strange creatures in jars [Grissom would have loved this] and talk about Hallucination drugs~

Brass with the low-life street person "Your civic duty to clean up the streets and be financially responsible, you ou't to run for office":lol:

They find the aquarium full of posionous fish. Sara: "Someone has been here on a regular basis" his vessel contains another body, drowned~

Ray to Sara back at the lab "Did you ever see that moive "Altered States"? Sara: "oh yeah my mom took me saying it was theraputic and calming, says it all" Ray: "I saw it with some really good "buds" Sara: "Go Dr. Ray" Ray: "I know I only talk like a square":lol:

Doc running amok on the gal cop the EKG was off and he threatned her job. How often do we see Doc get that angry?:confused:

Nick and Sara going over crime scene. Ray with Aiden and his psycho babble, by now this ep. was beginning to bore me, too far-fetched and off the wall:rolleyes:Ray to him: "Always nice when someone picks up the bill for you":shifty:

The team goes to the cemetary and find Max crouching by a grave, he runs away into the street and gets hit by a car, this time he's really dead.~

The this girl Alicia who was a advocate of Aiden's on the "after life" wants to see her mom~

Ray and Sara find a video of him and he's ingested this poison, they find him in the back yard in an altered state, all f...ed up. Ray "At his age I doubt he'll ever come out":eek:

Nick finds Alicia and she did see her mom while tripping out~

Last scene with Ray and Doc. "These kids weren't really venturing to the other side" Ray" Just inducing chemical dreams" Doc and his theory on Adam and Eve "Humans have always wondered of the after life" Ray: "You don't sound very scientific Doc". Doc: "I see people on the last day of their life and I learned that in Sunday School" Ray:" You know what I believe, that whoever brings suffereing and pain in this world, should have it repaid to them 10 fold, either in this life or the next" Doc: "Careful, the evil has the ability to make friends with the good & dragging them into the darkness" WOW Doc how profound:eek:

I wasn't thrilled with this episode don't know why, however loved seeing Ray and Sara working together exclusively, enchanting:angel:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  6. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

TVGuide says the ep The List is supposed to air on the 10th but I don't know, there hasn't been a press release, plus March Madness

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

My thoughts as I was watching the episode:

Ugh more Haskell stuff. So sick of this overplayed song.

Uh oh. Superdave and the wife are having trouble in Paradise.

Haha poor Dave passing out when he saw the not so dead guy.

Dead Man Walking would have been a better ep title IMO. The actual ep title is a little bit of a mouthful lol.

"Sweetie, I'm okay. I'm sorry too, honeybun." Aww... they made up.

"Dead rising, birds falling from the sky, fish dying in rivers... should we be looking for the Anti-Christ to make an appearance?" LOL.

I don't understand why the writers felt the need to add that line about Haskell there though. The guy isn't that scary anymore. Now he's become quite a joke if you ask me. It ticks me off cause he was an awesome villain and then they turned him into a sad, pathetic, bare-faced (as in no "clown" makeup) version of the Joker. Wait a minute... does that mean that Ray is Batman? lol.

Zombie epidemic. heh.

Zombie DNA index system? lol at Henry's "Hodges made me say that". Nick and Henry making jokes about Hodges was cute.

Dr. Aden: What's your clearance, soldier?
    Sara: Uh... about 5'9. :lol:

Cath: DOA-WOL. lol.

Dr. Aden: Sooner or later all us chickens cross the road. Now aren't we all curious about what's on the other side?

"Deanimated" heh.

Man they did use the textrodotoxin angle like the Miami ep. I was hoping they'd go somewhere else with it, but I guess there really isn't anywhere else to go with that.

Doc Robbins laid into that EMT girl real good.

Mitch: No pulse. I'm cuffing him anyway. :guffaw:<---Funniest line of the ep IMO.

Mitch got more screentime this ep than any other ep he's been in which was cool cause I like him.

Ray: I believe people that bring paint and suffering into this world should have it repaid to them tenfold either in this world or the next one. (I'm with you on that, Ray)
    Doc Robbins: Careful. Evil has a way of making friends with the good and dragging them into the darkness. (Anyone else get a Yoda like vibe from that line, only it wasn't said backwards lol)

8. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

The episode was kind of disappointing. I thought I would be the only one here who was bored by the episode. To my surprise as I was reading the comments, I'm with the majority. It was promising but I don't know. I guess I was annoyed by the psychology stuff. I didn't care what the doctor was saying and it didn't matter at all since I still got the gist of the story.

Anyway, Marg looks so great. :drool: I can't believe I might change my avatar again! :) But seriously, I can't believe she's leaving the show.

No Hodges though it didn't stop Nick and Henry to make fun of him! :lol:

9. Washington Pride

Washington Pride Rookie

I like this episode :) It was weird but interesting.I like when poor David fainted. Poor guy :(

10. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

*too much Ray
    *not enough Catherine, Greg & Nick
    *I assumed it would be a lot more of a scary episode, really, like a little horror movie
    *Just the right balance of Sara, IMO, but a little more wouldn't have hurt
    *Mitch... He needs to be promoted to be a Homicide Detective. He'd be great.

11. Otie

Otie Hit and Run

While not my favourite episode... I did find myself laughing a fair bit. At least, for the first half. Quite a few good little one-liners.

Now... with that conversation between Doc and Ray at the end... am I nuts to think that Ray's character has been getting darker as he progresses in the series? Something about that conversation gave me the feeling he's starting on a path that could turn pretty bad...

12. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

^^^ oddly enough, I got the same vibe. If LF were to leave the show, they could make Rays exit like no other. I'm not saying he turns out all bad. but something could happen to make him snap. It would play right into all these hints they've been dropping and how 'dark' he seems.

I was really creeped out by the end convo. seemed so dark and just... wow. I would like to know if its just talk/character development, or a hint at the future.

13. Otie

Otie Hit and Run

Glad to know I'm not just imagining it completely.

If LF does leave in couple seasons and they choose to have Ray snap and either require drastic mental health work, or go completely ballistic and take things into his own hands... either way could be very interesting and would be rather awesomesauce in terms of a character exit. Would be totally :eek: worthy.

If it is just talk/character development, makes me wonder what kind of development they're going for. If it is a hint at the character's future, it's definitely creepy.

14. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

I know LF signed a contract extension last year; just how long was it?

About Larry Mitchell: I know he's also a technical advisor because of his past as a CSI but has he been doing any other acting work?

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WOW, fans sure do interpret things and characters differently:confused: I see that Ray is getting lighter and is ray of sunshine, [pun intended] because he feels closer to the team than ever. He's shared with Nick about his dad, in 'Dr. Who" & now everyone knows about his ex. and he also shared intimate details about this to Nick "I loved her alot", I see him as a delightful, together character with an abhorrence pertaining to anything violent:( He to me would never to anything to jeopardize his position nor his team mates, but would protect all of them in whatever circumstances presented;) The Doc and him conversation was meant [to me] about people who do terrible despicable things in other words "what goes around, comes around":cool: