"Turn On, Tune In, Drop Dead" Discussion *Spoilers*

Remember when the show did original stories?

In CSI's defense, there's just too many tv shows out there, past and present, both in the US and UK, to claim anything as original; the key is doing the stories well. And CSI has always been pretty good at referencing pop culture.

Looking forward to this one!

Well, it looks like I'll have to wait at least until tomorrow afternoon to watch the episode. The weather is stormy so the local cbs thinks they have to be on 24/7 telling us about it when the local fox isn't. The local fox only interrupted the first thirty minutes or so of Idol, then put the rest on. But the local cbs says they will air CSI as 3:07 am! I'm not staying up that late, so I'll just set it up to record and watch it later. I don't know if Mentalist will be on the tv on time or if it will be shifted to 4:07 am. I don't always watch Mentalist, but this was actually an episode that I wanted to see. Figures. I hope the weather is better tomorrow cause if they postpone what looks to be the funniest episode ever of Supernatural, I'm gonna be very upset LOL. I just don't understand why they can't run a ticker across the screen like Fox is. And they could always squeeze the screen and show the map on the side, that way people would be able to see where the storm cells are, but still be able to see the show. :sigh:

Episodes not even done yet but I am. Incredibly boring. The professor guy's speech pattern really annoyed me. Nothing else I can say. It sucked.

Wow, two episodes in a row that really were rather boring to me. I have nothing more to say about this one. I just hope the next new one is better than the last couple of weeks.

did anyone actually count the number of cliches in this one?
'Dead Man Walking', "What rabbit hole did Alice fall down?", searching the graveyard at night, the guy running away & getting hit by the car, all of the blinking lights (and room 333) when Nick was searching for Alice, ... the list goes on.

The only thing (besides my girls - Cath & Sara) that kept me interested was Howard Hesseman as the 'mad scientist'. Anyone else old enough to remember him as Dr Johnny Fever on WKRP in Cincinnati? I loved that show. (That might be a reason why I'm in radio these days!:lol:)

Aside from "The Two Mrs. Grissoms", February was not a good month for CSI.

Starting the episode out with Haskell/Ray kind of set the mood for the show, and of course Ray was practically in every scene. Even when Grissom was supervisor he was out in the field processing everything, yet Catherine only gets out every now and then. Ugh.

I can totally see how they're maybe considering the idea of making season 12 the season where Jorja and Laurence are the leads of the show... which is something I do not want. I love Jorja/Sara, but Ray just continues to not work as an interesting character at all. The wise thing would be to have Laurence leave at the end of the season and find a new person to bring in (or even just up one of the other people). Who knows... could that final scene between Doc and Ray lead to something bigger?

No Hodges tonight, thus continuing the revolving door of Who's Missing This Week?.

Yeah I remember him as Dr. Johnny Fever. He was the best of that show!

No Hodges and little Greg and Catherine and tons of Ray and Sara. They really need to balance things out better.

Well all I have to say is..

I've seen this same plot before. In a movie called Flatliners, 1990 starring Julia Roberts, Kevin Bacon and a bunch of other actors i can't recall.:rolleyes:

Secondly, who saw that guy getting hit by th car..ooh..I did! I did!:rolleyes:

Finally, it was so nice to see CSI featuring a heavy sized woman for a change, but then they had to spoil it all by making her a dimwit. Nice going CSI..you're really progressing well in featuring diverse actors in a positive way..:rolleyes:

Oh and one other thing, has Nick's gun become a like another limb to that man..gees...even I as a fan of Geroge's is getting tired of the same old Nicky's Gotta Gun routine.:rolleyes::rolleyes: It's sick degrees of John Boehner and John Wayne, only in this case Nick will burst into tears as professes his love for his gun.

Nick (sobbing): I just love my gun...I just love it so much..

And that folks..is all I have to say..

All in all, this episode ranked A..for Awful!

Our 'Mad Scientist' was beginning to annoy me and I was hoping he was guilty. (Should admit - he annoyed me as Johnny Fever too. :lol:)

Poor Super Dave. Having the dead come alive on him seemed to have been a shock. :lol:

I've seen better episodes. I've also seen worse. It kept me interested enough that I wasn't changing channels unlike The Two Mrs. Grissoms and A Kiss Before Frying which bored me to tears.

How come we have an episode that features Langston and then the next week he can be featured again yet when the others have an episode that they're featured in the next week they're barely seen?

I can totally see how they're maybe considering the idea of making season 12 the season where Jorja and Laurence are the leads of the show... which is something I do not want. I love Jorja/Sara, but Ray just continues to not work as an interesting character at all. The wise thing would be to have Laurence leave at the end of the season and find a new person to bring in (or even just up one of the other people).
Please, no. I'm not particularly a fan of Jorja Fox or Laurence Fishburne. The smart thing to do would be to let LF leave and up someone who's been there from the beginning. Even now any new replacement will still be considered a replacement for WP. The problem isn't that he left. The problem is that they tried to replace him.

When's our next new episode? Is this the start of not seeing because of March Madness or do we get one before all that starts?

Susan

It started out interesting to me and then went downhill. I got really confused about what it all meant. I thought the screen time was really balanced, but that made it seem disjointed...too many cooks in the kitchen. Would they ALL really be working this one case where no one was even really dead to begin with??

I would much rather see two cases with people devoted to each case. Even a minor case like in the old days (jewelry store heist, car falls off a cliff with a guy in the backseat, etc.) was more interesting that way than this episode was.

I think Mitch and Henry got more lines than either Nick or Greg this week! :lol:

I did not like Sara and Ray going to the doc's house without a cop, then going with him to the university and nosing around his stuff...all the while I'm thinking, duh...he should be considered a suspect! :wtf: Then they went BACK to his house alone after they found out he was involved. And then Nick is by himself looking through the doc's lab too. :rolleyes: Come on, guys, at least show a cop standing in the background or something.

I did love poor Super Dave fainting tho. :lol:

meh, pretty boring ep. The one line I did laugh at was in the end when the cop said he was cuffing the guy anyway after he was hit by the car.

Unfortunately Ray's slow demeanor makes the show kind of dull when too much time is focused on him. I don't dislike Ray but I do find him boring. Plus the writing was kind of IDK, off. The zombie guy Max was pretty freaky at times though.

Back