Hockey Fans #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Otie

Otie Hit and Run

Well guess who lost yet again! Go Leafs Go! Where exactly they're trying to GO, I haven't figured out in all the years I've been a fan.

::groan::

No - THANKFULLY we got rid of Toskala. I remember for a few games when he first started with the Leafs he seemed promising, but that all fell through rather quickly. Then again, that seems to be the case with a LOT of our players... at least until they go to another team, then they get their awesome back.

2. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Everyone, last night something amazing happened. The Sens...won. It's been SOOO long since we won, I almost forgot what it felt like. I missed the first period and a good chunk of the second, but what I saw wasn't too bad. Brian Lee took some terrible penalties though.

Mike Fisher also did well in his first night as a Predator. He got an assist. The Preds won 5-3 over the Avs and the Sens also won 5-3. It was a good night.

3. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Sens lost tonight :( 4-3 loss to the Islanders in a shootout. Have I ever mentioned my undying hatred of those things?

The first Islanders goal shouldn't have counted. Neil was down on the ice, obviously in pain and the ref let the game continue and the Islanders scored while he was down. It was dumb. Even our local radio station's announcer thought it was dumb and called out the refs on it.

Also, our rebuild has taken another huge step forward. We traded Chris Kelly tonight for a 2nd round pick to the Boston Bruins. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's good for out future, but kinda suckish. Kelly's one of those players I thought we'd keep around for this rebuild. Obviously not. His first game is actually against us on Friday. I want him to get at least a point. Fisher did in his first game as a Pred.

4. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

And my Pens won OT \o/ Yay!

Anyways, about this season. I so enjoy Colorado being down. God I have hated that team. As much as Detroit ( I wonder when they'll fall.. they will eventually ;) )

Erm..I shall go back to my corner now -->

5. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

There's been a couple more trades from my team. Jarkko Ruutu, a player I've liked, got traded to the Ducks for 6th round pick that the Ducks got from the Coyotes. I liked having Ruutu, despite the fact that he took some dumb penalties. He's a pesty player and teams hate playing against him. I'm gonna miss him, but again, it's not as bad as Fisher or Kelly.

Today, we traded our goalie Brian Elliot to the Avalanche for Craig Anderson. I liked Elliot, but this year has not been good for him. Other fans have been calling for him to go for awhile and while I did get on his case a bit over some of the bad goals he's let in, I really did feel he was pushed into being a starter far too early. Our goaltending over the years hasn't been stellar, except for the year we had Hasek and Emery, so Elliot's had to step up A LOT and I think that may have hindered his development a bit.

I wish both of them the best with their new teams. Tonight we're playing Boston against Kelly :\ I actually do hope Kelly gets some points or something.

6. Otie

Otie Hit and Run

Good work to your Sens. Was certainly a good game this evening. I miss the days before the shoot outs though, I used to love the long overtime battles.

But good game... congrats on their win.

= )

7. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

Yay for fellow Pens fan!, I did watch that Pens vs Avalanche game I loved how Pens came back from 2-0 score deficit then went all out to beat them in OT by Kennedy to score the puck right past Budaj I was like Yeah! take that, Budaj!

However as for the Red Wings I hate them with passions. In my opinions of Red Wings team, they should retire those veterans players who are in 40s should go and just let the young players get the chance to shine and scoring the goals.

Anyway, speaking of the game, Im waiting for Pens vs Blackhawks game to start at 3pm this afternoon on NBC, can't wait to watch it on big tv. I'm very glad that Cooke is back from the 4 game suspensions. Go Pens!!!

8. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

I just got pens alert while ago that Pens traded Alex Goligoski #3 to Dallas for James Neal RW and Matt Niskanen DM on my phone. I was surprised to learn about it. I wondered whats next plan for Pens?

oh Yea Pens vs Caps tonight, I'm sure its gonna good battle between those two. Anyway Hey Ducky what ya think of that trading of Alex Goligoski to Dallas? I think its good choice to have James Neal and Niskanen to add to Pens' line up roster.

Also I'm wondering how Crosby reacts that Niskanen is gonna be his new teammate, after he fought him last time when Pens played against Dallas.

9. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

It always amuses me when people comment on the Red Wing veterans. For one thing I think most are still under contract so when its time for renewal who knows what will happen But the question is - what vetern do you think should retire? Lidstrom (40)who has the 2nd highest points (47) for defensemen in the league. Raflaski (37) has 38 points. Holmstrom (38) has 25 points. Every person on our team has scored at least one goal and we have 10 players that have scored at least 10 goals. 2 of our young ones have 19 and 24 points....so I am not sure what you mean by letting the young ones shine....they already are.

10. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

I'm so very curious to see how James Neal and Matt Niskanen debuts as Pens tonight against San Jose Sharks! Hmm I have a hunch that its gonna be good game. Go, Pens!!!

11. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I think trades will be ok. For what I've followed.

And I think fights are just moments in the game and won't be a problem later on ;)

I still don't watch the games since those are on 3-4am my time and I have to get up at 6am anyways, so I don't want to ruin short night. So usually I watch games when they show those again in the evening, since we have both Canal+ and a few ESPN channels..

as for Red Wings veterans. Meh, annoys me too but hey, as long as they are good, why not? It's their job (but I highly doubt they do it for themoney anymore. Or any hockey player.. I mean, you really have to love the game to be good at it)...
    Wasn't Chris Chelios 48 when he was still playing? Or does he still play?

12. CSI_Kat

all of our veterans are indeed good...and no Chelios finally retired and is working for the Wings.

13. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

Bah! Pens need to work on that puck passing and puck possession timing, not to go hurry to score the pucks to the net as possible. However, it was good game, Kennedy almost got its hat trick last night, but got deflected off by Niemi. I was on edge of my seat when Staal got the breakaway and about to score, unfortunately that Sharks defenseman I forget what his name was went behind of Staal's back and tapped Staal's stick away to make puck to go other way, Ref should have made that penalty shot call for Staal! In my opinion if I were Byslma I'd tell the team to lessen the hits and start burying the puck to the net more deeper than they did before.

Anyway I was hoping that Neal or Niskanen to make their first goal as penguins. Its seem not there just yet, I have a feeling that soon or later next time. Ah the weekend almost here yay!

yeah about Chelios retired, about time! however I think its likely that Nick Lidstrom will retire, probably soon or so its up to him, and also Zetterbug he's like now in 40s he should be retire as well, just my opinion.

14. CSI_Kat

Chelios didnt play for the Wings the last few years he skated. I think he was playing for a team in the AHL. Lidstrom is the only player on our team that is 40 and he is on a 1 year contract so we dont know if he will re-sign next year or not...but again he is 2nd in the league with points in defenseman with 48 points so its not like he isnt contributing to the team. As for Zetterberg he is only 30! He has the most points on our team (66) and is 6th in the league for points.

15. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

Ah I see thanks for the tidbits on Chelios played in AHL. I assumed that Zetterbrg was 40, so he's only 30 hmm 10 years away, thats plenty of time for him to do more hockey :)

However in light of trade news, I just got the Pens Alert, that Pens traded the 7th round draft pick to acquire the ex-pens Alex Kovalev back to city of the champions, I went jaw dropped when I saw Kovalev's name in pens alert on my phone while ago.

I was happy, and its gonna be rejoice for all of the Pens nation! :) its gonna be bitsweet to see him back to suit as pens once again, its almost like Mario returns to the ice back in 2000. once a pens, always a pens!