did eric and calleigh ever hear the truth about ryan and the russians?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Speedslady, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I watched the episode where Ryan got kidnapped and tortured and in the end he gave eric and calleigh the shell casing. They where pretty awful towards him and I was wondering if they ever found out why he did that?

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Re: did eric and calleigh ever hear the truth about ryan and the russi

Since this thread only relates to Miami, I'll send it over to that forum. :)

3. luf100

luf100 Coroner

If they did find out, they've never shown it on the show. It's something I'd really like to know and/or see sometime. For that whole thing to be explained to Eric and Cal, or if it has already, for the audience to know it has. :/

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I always assumed Eric and Calleigh learned the truth,we just never saw it.They were so angry with Ryan,I wouldn't see them willingly working with him unless they knew the reasons for his actions.
    I think it would have made an interesting episode,or at least a portion of an episode.

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I agree, they must know about it, or else they wouldnt have trusted him at all afterwards.
    I wish they had shown them find out though, I hate the way that story ended.

6. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Hmm I'm not sure but I still have a feeling that they don't know the whole truth.
    I assume they've been told just that he had to delay investigation to save the kid, but I might be missing details (as much as I do lately. plus I'm reading fanfics where they are told about whole case).
    Dunno but the feeling hasn't left yet. So I might need to see episodes after WISC so to make clear I'm not missing a line...

7. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I really, REALLY wish it would have been resolved ON SCREEN, because we are just left to wonder.... I can't see Calleigh OR Eric just 'letting it be'... if they didn't know the truth, so they almost have to.

I guess I'll resort to the wonderful GG's fanfics for my closure.

8. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

BBS I think I'll do same since there's lack of insight. If I were them I'd demanded the truth and helped Ryan.
    I think this makes me want to re-watch the WISC some day...

9. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I agree with this. They were probably told that Ryan had to mess up the case to help the kid, but I highly doubt they would have been told what actually happened to Ryan. The fact that he was actually tortured? I dunno, for some reason I just think they don't know that much. I know that Calleigh suspected he got into a fight or something in the episode, so maybe she has an idea that something happened to him but I don't think she or Eric would know for sure how bad it really was.

I also think that Horatio probably would have been the one to tell them instead of Ryan. They trust Horatio and would have believed him quicker than if Ryan himself had told them. *shrug*

It will probably never happen but I hope someday they come back to it and if they don't know that Ryan was actually TORTURED, he has to tell them that it really was that bad. That's on my list of Ryan-things-I-want-to-happen. :lol:

10. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

:: blushes :: That was my first fic I was truly proud of, :)

I agree as well! I think Horatio told them to leave it be in one way or another. Considering both Eric and Calleigh trust H to the end of the Earth, it would be safe to say they were fine about dropping the whole situation.

Eventually it would just become an old argument.

I would absolutely LOVE for something about what he actually went through to come out, whether on purpose or by accident...

11. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Yeah I completely agree. It needs to be finished on screen otherwise it's another questionable mystery about the show.
    I truly wish that someday they will return to that spot before the show ends.
    I don't like unfinished buisnesses.
    I really want to think that there's gonna be continue on that. Really do. Right now I have this feeling that they just dropped that storyline. But I don't like that.
    I'd liked to see how others would react finding out the truth, they'd understand why Ryan did what he did.
    I feel that there's gonna be feedback flying to CBS...

12. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

Okay thanks. Sorry that I posted on the wrong board. Haven't been here in a long time! LOL

Thanks everyone, I just wondered cause there was never ever any mention, not even an underline story about it.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Calleigh's pretty observant, so I think she eventually would have processed everything in her head and figured out what happened. I mean, they all knew they were all being targeted by the Russian Mafia. I think with that, Ryan not answering his phone, coming back with injuries, acting secretive, holding back evidence and saying he didn't really have much of a choice... I think after a bit, she figured it out. And then she probably told Eric... and this is why they were no longer upset with Ryan. I do wish we had seen it on screen though. But toward the end of the episode when she was sitting there quietly while Eric was upset with Ryan, I think she was actually processing everything in her mind. The look on her face to me said she was realizing what had happened.